Jets Release DL Henry Anderson

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yup, not getting the crying over his contract or how it was a bad from office move.  We got him because the Colts were going to a 4-3 and hes a bad fit.  We played well, was our best DL his first season but now we're switching schemes 

Soon as he signed a new contract he vanished and wasnt even close to the player he was the previous season.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I always liked Henry but last year was bad production wise. No chance he was coming back at that cap #.

pretty much. He had a time and place with the NYJ, and that has passed. Best Wishes H.A.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Soon as he signed a new contract he vanished and wasnt even close to the player he was the previous season.

And you know that he and every was the same, he was used the same way under Williams as he was under Bowles?

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

you could see this coming from a mile away....

Yep, the most obvious move of the offseason. I’m just curious of who’s next before FA begins? Greg Van Roten saves us 3.4 million with a dead money hit of only 250,000. Another one is Alex Lewis, if cut it saves us 5.1 million with a dead hit of 1.6 million. I think the hit is less if we cut him post June 1st. It’ll be interesting if JD moves on from these guards within the next 2 weeks for more ammo in FA. I would personally do it. 

2 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Josh Doctson is another, saves us 850,000 if cut with no dead money. 

$850K is a lot different than $8.2M. Someone's gotta fill that roster spot, and that guy will make at least $660K. That's not cap savings, that's loose change in the cushions. I expect Doctson in training camp. Making the team will be another story. 

This puts us at about $75M of clear cap.  GVR and Ryan Griffin would put us up around $81M.  We can scrape a bit more and probably will but essentially, we are locked at the top in a virtual tie with JAX for most cap room meaning we can be as aggressive as any team in going after FAs we want.  Multiple FAs.  

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see who survives the franchise tag.

2 hours ago, slats said:

$850K is a lot different than $8.2M. Someone's gotta fill that roster spot, and that guy will make at least $660K. That's not cap savings, that's loose change in the cushions. I expect Doctson in training camp. Making the team will be another story. 

Not having josh Doctson on the team is worth alot more than 200k

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

This puts us at about $75M of clear cap.  GVR and Ryan Griffin would put us up around $81M.  We can scrape a bit more and probably will but essentially, we are locked at the top in a virtual tie with JAX for most cap room meaning we can be as aggressive as any team in going after FAs we want.  Multiple FAs.  

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see who survives the franchise tag.

Thats before Jags cuts, they will be closer to 90-100 million by mid march. Pats will have some cuts too, will be aound 75-80 mill under