Marcus Maye’s Agent Takes to Twitter to rip Gang Green

18 hours ago, kdels62 said:

There’s so many safeties available. However, bringing back Maye for $13 million a year is a better move than bringing in a new safety for $12 million a year. It looks good to fans and to players who were here through the bad years and really Maye to any other safety is a lateral move. We’re not gonna miss the money or the cap space.

Maye's value is no more than $10 million per year.  The franchise tag is like $10.5 Million, so giving him $13 Million per year would be stupid.

Giving him a 3 or 4 year deal that averages $10 million per year, with a guarantee of 22 million for  a 3 year deal would be a good deal for him, assuming that the Jets let him go after 2 years.  A 4 year deal would be a gift, with a guarantee of 25 million if they let him go after 2 years, and 33 million if they let him go after 3 years.

These would be good deals for Maye, and at 28 years of age, he can secure his future with taking one of these deals.  If he gets franchised and gets a bad injury, then he loses out on millions. If he thinks he deserves better, then he should want to be franchised and get himself more money in 2022.

If I were him, I would push hard for the 4 year $40 million deal, if he can get it.

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

If I were him, I would push hard for the 4 year $40 million deal, if he can get it.

I think for Maye, something that guarantees him more than the 2 Franchise Tags but gives the Jets a reasonable option in year 3.

JD should offer that to Maye.  If Maye wants to turn it down, then that is his fault.   To guarantee Maye 3 years of top money would be another Trumaine/Mosely contract that the Jets do not need.  

Just now, varjet said:

I think for Maye, something that guarantees him more than the 2 Franchise Tags but gives the Jets a reasonable option in year 3 is fair.

JD should offer that to Maye.  If Maye wants to turn it down, then that is his fault.   To guarantee Maye 3 years of top money would be another Trumaine/Mosely contract that the Jets do not need.