Keeping Darnold and the unspoken plight of a Jets Fan--

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

i don't want to watch the Jets on eggshells anymore

And I don’t want to watch the Jets anymore knowing their QB is going to throw at least three interception-worthy passes every game. OK, so maybe the number will drop to two after LaFleur gets hold of him. Hooray. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It's a shame how everything turned out, but it would be better for both sides to move on.

I know we hear the mountain of excuses, but Darnold has been consistently bad by every single metric (including clean pocket passing). There have also been QB's who have come into the league in awful situations who played significantly better. Burrow, Herbert, and Murray in his first seasons had a worse O-line than Darnold this year. All of those guys way outperformed him as well. 

It comes to a point where if a guy is really that great, he'd pull himself out of it and outperform his situation. I think Darnold can be decent given the circumstance, but he shows no ability to overcome pressure and adversity. We can give him a stacked team, but as soon as cracks show I have no faith he can pull it together and play fearless football. The era of surrounding a mediocre QB with a stacked team in hopes of a SB is over, it rarely happens. Championships are won with championship caliber QB's. 

People are asking for a retread of 09-10 where best case scenario, we surround Darnold with a fantastic team but he's simply not good enough to take it to the promised land.

• Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Oh, is that why the team has no talent for the last ten years? Perhaps you should do a google search for "Jet Drafts Idzik" and "Jet Drafts Maccagnan" and you'll see why. Not having enough picks to blow was definitely not the problem. 12 picks and 11 whiffs is why we have no talent. No offensive line picks is why we have no talent.

1st round safety, second round tight end

2nd round hackenberg

Back to back safeties first and second round

No offensive line picks

Career turnover machine three years removed from playing linebacker in high school at number 3 and trading two second rounders for the privilege

Should I go on?

My point exactly. None of these players were worthy of draft position. 

And Sam Darnold was the highest rated QB that year. Give it a rest. 

7 hours ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Your username should be Mushrooms. That's what I feel like I'm on during these discussions.

Right, and talking to you is like talking to a really dumb wall. I've made my point repeatedly  and shot down a bunch of arguments  you made but nothing seems to get through 

Go name some other QB's that weren't selected in top 10 when we are talking about spending the #2 pick on a one year wonder. 

10 hours ago, Grandy said:

It's a shame how everything turned out, but it would be better for both sides to move on.

I know we hear the mountain of excuses, but Darnold has been consistently bad by every single metric (including clean pocket passing). There have also been QB's who have come into the league in awful situations who played significantly better. Burrow, Herbert, and Murray in his first seasons had a worse O-line than Darnold this year. All of those guys way outperformed him as well. 

It comes to a point where if a guy is really that great, he'd pull himself out of it and outperform his situation. I think Darnold can be decent given the circumstance, but he shows no ability to overcome pressure and adversity. We can give him a stacked team, but as soon as cracks show I have no faith he can pull it together and play fearless football. The era of surrounding a mediocre QB with a stacked team in hopes of a SB is over, it rarely happens. Championships are won with championship caliber QB's. 

People are asking for a retread of 09-10 where best case scenario, we surround Darnold with a fantastic team but he's simply not good enough to take it to the promised land.

If if you take the situation out and look at raw tools

image.thumb.jpeg.7a5d2302dc14feafbafc5af24a0c0f6b.jpeg

^^^^^I challenge anyone on this board to tell me in what areas is Sam better than anyone on this list??????? 

The ONLY thing I could legitimately come up with is he scrambles better than Mac Jones. And scrambling QBs are a dime a dozen in today’s NFL. 

There are literally 6 rookie QBs above Darnold talent wise this year, let that sink in 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, and talking to you is like talking to a really dumb wall. I've made my point repeatedly  and shot down a bunch of arguments  you made but nothing seems to get through 

Go name some other QB's that weren't selected in top 10 when we are talking about spending the #2 pick on a one year wonder. 

I guess the Jags are morons for taking Lawrence at 1 then?

Yeah, one year wonder has the highest PFF grade that they've ever given out. What happened this year? Luck?

You really don't know what you're looking at, do you? Arm strength, quick release, mobility, incredible accuracy, improvisational skills, "court awareness", you see none of it because you haven't even looked. You googled his stats from 2019 and said "That's enough studying for me." You haven't even bothered to know anything about the thing you are discussing.

I feel filthy just talking to you at this point. So let's stop.

4 hours ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

I guess the Jags are morons for taking Lawrence at 1 then?

Yeah, one year wonder has the highest PFF grade that they've ever given out. What happened this year? Luck?

You really don't know what you're looking at, do you? Arm strength, quick release, mobility, incredible accuracy, improvisational skills, "court awareness", you see none of it because you haven't even looked. You googled his stats from 2019 and said "That's enough studying for me." You haven't even bothered to know anything about the thing you are discussing.

I feel filthy just talking to you at this point. So let's stop.

I'm really not interested  in trading personal attacks with you. Maybe if you want to continue  this line of conversation you can talk to yourself in a mirror.