Draft talk - WR - is the value late?

45 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah but we have picks at 23 and 33.  There’s a bunch of can’t miss guys like Toney/Bateman/Waddle that will be available at one or both spots 

And if we take Pitts at 2 holy cow is our receiving corps going to be nasty 

I like Toney but do not put Toney and bateman in the same category as waddle.

I still want 23 or 33 or both to be oline or oline and CB

• Upvote 2

On 3/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, Paradis said:

And that's fine... i'd rather you believe what you saw... I rather enjoy being able to be frank/honest with you fellas and not worry about saying too much or making you feel bad about this or that.  I think the majority of people like Brown - some more than others. As a GM and i would be like - NOPE. I'm not going to hold my breath every time the ball travels his way on a post route with a defender trailing. I'll find someone else. 

I think you will enjoy Terry. He's big and fast

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:58 PM, kdels62 said:

gun middle finger GIF

This right here is why the draft forum is better than the main. Two posters going toe to toe yet enough humor that when this is the response the recipient sends the laugh reaction. This is the only value I can add to this convo as I am the anti @Paradis and have no f**king clue how to evaluate receivers. Really my speciality is probability, data analytics and science... this is the nerdnation.com right... 

• Sympathy 2

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I like Toney but do not put Toney and bateman in the same category as waddle.

I still want 23 or 33 or both to be oline or oline and CB

Sign Trent Brown and AJ Bouye after they get cut

Pitts and one of those receivers at 23 gives me a stiffy

On 3/4/2021 at 8:40 PM, TheMo said:

This right here is why the draft forum is better than the main. Two posters going toe to toe yet enough humor that when this is the response the recipient sends the laugh reaction. This is the only value I can add to this convo as I am the anti @Paradis and have no f**king clue how to evaluate receivers. Really my speciality is probability, data analytics and science... this is the nerdnation.com right... 

its good thing you're cute. 

• Haha 1

I want a Demaryius Thomas ,Amari Cooper, Megatron, Keyshawn, Brandon Marshall guy ...

Anyone fit this bill coming out ?

Dominating physical beast capable of destroying CBs on 50/50 balls .. dont give a rat's ass about lightning speed. Guys like Hill are too rare ... like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, nyjbuddy said:

Simi Fehoko - Stanford - 6'4" 227 

Late round pick, not flashy.  Can go up and get it, screens, not afraid of crossing routes, a hard working physical WR that just plays his role.  Would be a good special teams, developmental player in the 6th or 7th. 

Reminds me of Jake Kumerow.

Favorite play starts at 2:35.  The UCLA game he went 16 of 21, 230 yards with 3 TDs.  Sounds like a QB stat like.

When the first play of your highlight reel shows you running free and then tackle yourself, that's not good

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, Dunnie said:

I want a Demaryius Thomas ,Amari Cooper, Megatron, Keyshawn, Brandon Marshall guy ...

Anyone fit this bill coming out ?

Dominating physical beast capable of destroying CBs on 50/50 balls .. dont give a rat's ass about lightning speed. Guys like Hill are too rare ... like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

How is Amari Cooper on the list with those other guys? I feel like he’s a completely different player entirely.

On 3/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, Beerfish said:

Devonta smith 170 pounds.

Is that important or not?

Weight (the bigger the better) tends to correlate better with NFL production than most things for wide receivers. It’s that, breakout age, and age adjusted market share and with him being on Alabama’s loaded offense I’m not sure how his market share was. Probably decent this year but less when he was younger. Maybe he hit the breakout threshold. I think he’s great and if there’s a guy who’s the exception it could certainly be him, but it tends to be important.

• Upvote 1