Chris Simms ranks Zach Wilson as the best QB in the draft over Trevor Lawrence.

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Honestly, the kid sounds really damn impressive. From Peter King's PFT column: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/28/nfl-17-game-schedule-zach-wilson-fmia-peter-king/

When have you ever heard a Jets QB break down a play like this? Never?

I could be coerced on the Zach boat.... But I will need time to get past the face and Patsy loving.... The only person that will accept in my home that is a Pats fan is my wife and that's only because it is her home too.

Good times a couple weeks into dating when I found that piece of info out.... 11 years in we've moved past it.

Buttfumble Thanksgiving was a good one though....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

It really was and only makes me want to move on from Sam that much more. I went from 3% okay with keeping him to 0%

This

It’s very alarming, Rosen is basically out the league and he had Darnold  behind him.

Ouch, Sam supporters ?

His Darnold evaluation is so accurate it's scary.

He was also pretty high on Mahomes in 2017. I'm starting to think if he is not right on Wilson being better than Trevor that maybe the two aren't that far apart.

• Upvote 1

His Darnold evaluation is so accurate it's scary.

When he’s quoted as saying that Darnold *wants* the pocket to break down, it was like the end of Sixth Sense when Bruce Willis has the flashbacks to all the times we should have realized he was dead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Chris Simms brings up a lot of great points. With the distance this team is from contention and with all the draft capital and cap room, it makes sense to take Wilson at two. Even if he was a total bust, it will be a cheap contract tonget rid of and there will still be plenty of draft capital and cap room to take another shot at someone else. I do think Wilson could be very good though.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The fact that he at least sees through the absolute fraud that is Justin Fields means he's worth listening to. 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I just heard his actual "analysis" and break down on why and he's so full of sh*t, what a putz.  And you lemmings are eating this up?  lmfao

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Care to share? What did you do there and what kinda interactions or stories did you hear about him?

TV production.  On Sunday’s talent just watches every game with a ton of food but compared to the older talent who rely more on the research team/are in and out he was always more engaged. And he always treated everyone nicely and with respect no matter what level you were. Really good person 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When he’s quoted as saying that Darnold *wants* the pocket to break down, it was like the end of Sixth Sense when Bruce Willis has the flashbacks to all the times we should have realized he was dead. 

Very true and i never heard it worded like this or even considered it like this.  But it makes sense because if he has a clean pocket he has to stand there and is forced to make reads that he can’t make.  And since he’s not an innately accurate thrower, when the pocket breaks down and he throws on the run or when he’s in trouble there’s more forgiveness when the pass isn’t perfect.  

So many here have complained for years that darnold’s development has suffered from poor OL play.  In hindsight, this may have masked his inherent deficiency, that he would not be accurate with a clean pocket and that the nfl world would ultimately discover that he’s actually a below average qb.  And i think douglas knows this and realizes this is his one last chance to find a sucker to go all in on darnold like the Seahawks did with adams.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Zach Wilson so great he laid an egg against Coastal Carolina

Did you watch that game? He actually played pretty good. That last drive with 35 seconds left from their own 5 yard line? He throws a 40 yard laser in a tight window on the first play to get them to midfield. He comes up 6 inches short of leading them to a wild win. I don’t understand why people say that was a bad game for him.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Did you watch that game? He actually played pretty good. That last drive with 35 seconds left from their own 5 yard line? He throws a 40 yard laser in a tight window on the first play to get them to midfield. He comes up 6 inches short of leading them to a wild win. I don’t understand why people say that was a bad game for him.

Because they didn’t actually watch the game

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

When it comes to Zach Wilson people have to gotten to the point that they are just starting to make up sh*t to dislike him.

Because the facts are showing how good of a prospect he is and the information coming out about him are proving all their old arguments to be false.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

When it comes to Zach Wilson people have to gotten to the point that they are just starting to make up sh*t to dislike him.

Because the facts are showing how good of a prospect he is and the information coming out about him are proving all their old arguments to be false.

We made up that he got a serious  injury in his throwing shoulder and did not play well against the only sorta legit defense he played against last year?