Chris Simms ranks Zach Wilson as the best QB in the draft over Trevor Lawrence.

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Most interesting thing about this to me is the three best here went to the three franchises that built around them. 

This.

Next year will be fun to watch these teams also try to navigate the salary cap with the QB contracts.  They will each need to shed a few of their top paid players to give these QBs their contracts.  If these QBs get to the $40M+ range, the franchises will require a lot of good drafts and signing low end free agents to stay relevant.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

This.

Next year will be fun to watch these teams also try to navigate the salary cap with the QB contracts.  They will each need to shed a few of their top paid players to give these QBs their contracts.  If these QBs get to the $40M+ range, the franchises will require a lot of good drafts and signing low end free agents to stay relevant.

The good quarterbacks, can't live with em can't live without em.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Wake me up when Urban Meyer says Wilson is the best prospect in the draft.  

I would be shocked if Jags draft Wilson.  Like Simms, i think you can't go off the consensus number 1.  You're not getting criticized or fired if you pick the guy most pundits say is the top guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t know, it kind of is.

I specifically remember him doing a livestream during that ‘18 draft and him screaming for the Jets to draft Rosen at #3 but then saying that Darnold was a solid choice.

Actually more than anything it makes it harder for Joe Darnold to justify trading out of 2. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

This increases the value of the #2 pick as well.  I wonder how tall Wilson is though. He's listed at 6'3". I doubt he's that tall. 

He is.  It's been pretty much proven with photo's next to other people where heights are believed.

For some reason whatever Wilson does is immediately assumed to be false or a lie.   No reason not to believe him but believe everyone else.

• Upvote 2

I am in the Fields camp.   I don't see it with Wilson, but then again I thought the Jets finally had a FQB in Darnold when he was drafted so WTF do I know.    It's hard to ignore Chris Simms as his QB rankings seem to be pretty spot.    Although it's nice to see he likes Mac Jones too.  I think Mac Jones can be pretty good in the NFL.

BTW, in his Monday podcast, he thinks the Jets should not Trade for Watson, but trade Darnold and draft a top QB and use the other picks to build up the team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I would be shocked if Jags draft Wilson.  Like Simms, i think you can't go off the consensus number 1.  You're not getting criticized or fired if you pick the guy most pundits say is the top guy.

There is zero chance of that happening.  Jags are taking TL.

21 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Sim's track record seems pretty decent. He knows what he's talking about. 

Sure or his job is to get attention so he's going to float some ridiculously stupid sh*t for the sake of attention.

You really think Chris Sims is taking Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence if he's a GM?  or  Kellen Mond over Justin Fields?  

No ofcourse not, especially if "he knows what he's talking about".

42 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He also had Herbert well above Tua last year too and loved Mahomes coming out.

When it comes to QB evaluations, he's someone to take seriously.

Still believe that the Dolphins know they blew it with Tua, that he isn't a difference maker, and that if they don't get Watson, and if we don't get him either, that they may give us a call about 3&18 for #2.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Sure or his job is to get attention so he's going to float some ridiculously stupid sh*t for the sake of attention.

You really think Chris Sims is taking Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence if he's a GM?  or  Kellen Mond over Justin Fields?  

Are you just completely ignoring his 2018 qb rankings? Maybe he's not a sheep who conforms to what everyone else says. He has the luxury of not being a GM and therefore can just rank based on his opinion and what he sees on tape, and not get raked over the coals by the media and fans

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

The crux is that he has made similar 'I can't believe he rated that guy' picks in previous years and was correct.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

He can honestly think Wilson is better than Lawrence and still take Lawrence if he's the GM because if he's wrong and doesn't take the chalk pick, he gets destroyed.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Are you just completely ignoring his 2018 qb rankings? Maybe he's not a sheep who conforms to what everyone else says. He has the luxury of not being a GM and therefore can just rank based on his opinion and what he sees on tape, and not get raked over the coals by the media and fans

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The crux is that he has made similar 'I can't believe he rated that guy' picks in previous years and was correct.

Maybe he's sincere or maybe he just got lucky and it bought him so credit as we're seeing now.  I'd argue he "nailed" 18.  After what Allen displayed this year, I'd take him over Jackson.  I'd take Jackson over Mayfield but only because of his legs but I digress, he was close.

That said, I dont believe him this year and I think he's dead wrong.  I nailed 2017 and like Herbert over Tua, so there!