Chris Simms ranks Zach Wilson as the best QB in the draft over Trevor Lawrence.

8 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

He can honestly think Wilson is better than Lawrence and still take Lawrence if he's the GM because if he's wrong and doesn't take the chalk pick, he gets destroyed.

Then this is meaningless and stupid.  I mean, it already is but even more so then it already is if it's not what he'd actually do.

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sure or his job is to get attention so he's going to float some ridiculously stupid sh*t for the sake of attention.

You really think Chris Sims is taking Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence if he's a GM?  or  Kellen Mond over Justin Fields?  

No ofcourse not, especially if "he knows what he's talking about".

image.thumb.png.3f22d835c4c96e2cee5e0996ca6db581.png.4eed5af95884fe9cfddfe3e14df7d189.png

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

He said he called the success of Lamar and Josh Allen during their drafts and got tons of crap from everyone.  But his analysis of Wilson is extremely positive.  I do agree with everything he says.  Especially the part about wishing he were a bit bigger.   Queue the Wilson detractors!

If he was built like Josh Allen we would be legitimately bitching about getting stuck with Trevor Lawrence. I thinks anyhow/ 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just pimped my mock

7C294847-5221-439B-B2DD-431557DB0CE7.png

F'ing Kellen Mond

lmfao

And the funny part is, I actually like Mond.  lol  Talked about him the draft forum.  I think he's a decent late round flier for a team.  Defended him actually vs. some posters but this is just stupid. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

He's not a GM-he's an analyst.

And he's a pretty damn good one when it comes to projecting QB's.  

He's consistently gone against the grain and has consistently been proven correct.  He's not doing it for attention, his job is to give his opinion - he has now given his opinion. You can take it for what it's worth.

Just because he's been just about dead on accurate the past years certainly doesn't mean he'll be right this year but it does mean his opinion should be taken seriously.  

I've been right more then him, so I should be taken seriously!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

He can honestly think Wilson is better than Lawrence and still take Lawrence if he's the GM because if he's wrong and doesn't take the chalk pick, he gets destroyed.

At this point, I think Lawrence could get caught jerking off in a public parking lot with an assault rifle in his trunk and a bag of weed in the glove compartment and JAX would still have to draft him #1.  

That would make him the perfect Jet thought, wouldn't it.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Maybe he's sincere or maybe he just got lucky and it bought him so credit as we're seeing now.  I'd argue he "nailed" 18.  After what Allen displayed this year, I'd take him over Jackson.  I'd take Jackson over Mayfield but only because of his legs but I digress, he was close.

That said, I dont believe him this year and I think he's dead wrong.  I nailed 2017 and like Herbert over Tua, so there!

The fact that he rated Jackson as his best qb in 18 when nobody had him above 5th is very eye raising, throw in the fact that he saw past the Rosen hype, and had Josh Allen that highly rated when a lot of people couldn't see past his completion % at Wyoming, and I would pay attention to what he has to say about QB prospects. Sure he may have just gotten lucky but I dont think he is just throwing stuff against the wall for clicks, I've always been a fan of his analysis 

• Upvote 3

Put my hands up and say I wasn't sold on Wilson, watched all his 2019 games and it had moments but wasn't great. Then there was the report on his disability that really scared me but if Chris Simms says he is by far and away the best QB in this draft I'm on board because he's the one QB analysis I really respect.

After Joe's press meeting today it certainly sounds like Darnold is gone so let's all hope now that Zack slides to number 2 in the draft?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

The fact that he rated Jackson as his best qb in 18 when nobody had him above 5th is very eye raising, throw in the fact that he saw past the Rosen hype, and had Josh Allen that highly rated when a lot of people couldn't see past his completion % at Wyoming, and I would pay attention to what he has to say about QB prospects. Sure he may have just gotten lucky but I dont think he is just throwing stuff against the wall for clicks, I've always been a fan of his analysis 

Trailer Ok GIF

it's hard to know.  lawrence has a really good body of work at clemson to judge his ability by.  from what i've read, wilson only has a couple of seasons at byu and was really only good this past season.  maybe this does mean that wilson is better.  i remember when leinart was supposed to be the be all end all of college qb's and he did absolutey zero in the pros.  and in the same vein people bash jones because he had a very talented group around him.  maybe so.  there's truth in it but maybe it also doesn't tell the whole story.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mine were; Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Rosen, Mayfield

It's the 1 year I've been wrong my entire life.  So I'm up +1 on Chris Simms right now

Why is it so hard for you to simply accept that Wilson is a legitimate NFL top prospect?

I understand you have real reasons why you don't like him (one of the few here that have stated actual football reasoning - and not just nonsense)

But is it that hard to believe you can be wrong? - That maybe this time (like other times in your past) you might be wrong - while virtually every other expert could be right?

To be clear, I'm not saying you have to love him or even want him over Fields - but to just simply accept that he's a legitimate prospect and that you might not be seeing what everyone else is.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Why is it so hard for you to simply accept that Wilson is a legitimate NFL top prospect?

I understand you have real reasons why you don't like him (one of the few here that have stated actual football reasoning - and not just nonsense)

But is it that hard to believe you can be wrong? - That maybe this time (like other times in your past) you might be wrong - while virtually every other expert could be right?

To be clear, I'm not saying you have to love him or even want him over Fields - but to just simply accept that he's a legitimate prospect and that you might not be seeing what everyone else is.

i think he's more pissed about kellen mond

• Haha 1

Simms is a legit analyst, and his take will make me more optimistic if the Jets do take Wilson.

Simms did seem to say that his rankings are based purely on what happened on the field, so he doesn't take into account off the field issues.  So, before the Jets take Wilson, I hope they thoroughly vet him and make sure that he really loves playing football and will not get satisfied and "lazy" once the millions of $ roll in.

Of course, that's an issue for all players drafted or signed to big $ free agent deals, not just Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Show me where I said Zach Wilson isnt an NFL prospect, please.  Thanks,

You got a complex, my man.  I commented on Sims ranking Kellen Mond over Justin Fields.  Then for some reason, a bunch of people got super defensive and in response I simply said that I dont believe Sims and think this is attention grabbing.  I dont think he would actually take Wilson over Lawrence and declared this exercise even more meaningless then it already is.  Not once did I give and opinion on Zach Wilson and suddenly, you have turned this into something I never even said.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Show me where I said Zach Wilson isnt an NFL prospect, please.  Thanks,

You got a complex, my man.  I commented on Sims ranking Kellen Mond over Justin Fields.  Then for some reason, a bunch of people got super defensive and in response I simply said that I dont believe Sims and think this is attention grabbing.  I dont think he would actually take Wilson over Lawrence and declared this exercise even more meaningless then it already is.  Not once did I give and opinion on Zach Wilson and suddenly, you have turned this into something I never even said.

No complex here.  I was asking a legitimate question.

Listen, you've been clear that you don't think Wilson is any good for the past month.  

In this specific thread you said..

"float some ridiculously stupid sh*t" about Simms giving his projections.  Essentially liking Wilson as the top prospect is ridiculously stupid.

I'll leave it alone going forward - you won't hear directly from me again on this topic  Not trying to offend, just curious.

12 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Listening now, can't lie his conviction on Wilson is getting me pretty damn excited.

I'm not going to pretend to be a draft guru, but when I watched Wilson's highlight video on youtube a few weeks ago I became a big fan.

There are some pretty amazing throws he makes.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.19bd2bfed8eca78f2e167dbf9ed395c1.png

Chris has a good history of ranking prospects 

Credit to Chris for his prognostications.. 

but you put Lamar on CLE, Allen on ARZ, and baker here with Adam Gase and this list is trash. 

All about the staff/support/plan 

where Wilson goes, Lawrence etc will play a big part in this. Wilson IMO will struggle the most with challenges from oline and demands of schemes/systems. Why? Cause he wasn’t very good until this year in a new system with 20 mins to throw. The others have been more consistent and in Fields case, steadily improved. 

• Upvote 1