Chris Simms ranks Zach Wilson as the best QB in the draft over Trevor Lawrence.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simms has been the best QB evaluator in recent years. Seems to do his own analysis and not get caught up in the echo chamber consensus rankings. Refreshing. 

Just pimped my mock  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I wish he had said about Zach having 6 seconds on the pocket almost everytime 

So does Trevor and Fields. Doesn’t change the fact he can sling the ball down field with the best of them

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So does Trevor and Fields. Doesn’t change the fact he can sling the ball down field with the best of them

And there it is!!!

Somehow it's only bad for Wilson that he had time in the pocket.  If you watched any Clemson or OSU you saw those guys standing back there for ages.  When TL had some pressure on him in the OSU game - he folded.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Mine were; Darnold, Allen, Jackson, Rosen, Mayfield

It's the 1 year I've been wrong my entire life.  So I'm up +1 on Chris Simms right now

If not you then @CTM must have been the Rosen man. One of you were.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If not you then @CTM must have been the Rosen man. One of you were.

Ashamed to say I liked Rosen too....but also didn't understand why Jackson was consistently ranked so low by many others (not Simms).

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I'm going to watch this, but there is a special place in hell for you since you are making me listen to Mike Florio also.

Warning- Out of everything in the video, Florio was most interested in Mac Jones’ body. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Ashamed to say I liked Rosen too....but also didn't understand why Jackson was consistently ranked so low by many others (not Simms).

try to come up with a list of runners who also throw at QB in the NFL...and the number of playoff wins they have. thats basically why...those guys done last, league figures them out.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Chris Simms says, "I'm gonna start with Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, that is my Wilson comp right there." If you think Wilson has an arm on that level, then you don't know what the f*ck you are looking at. I'm done with this crap. 

• Like 1

i have to say as a Darnold fan this video is giving me pause. If Wilson is special according to Simms...thats saying something to me personally. I am still not sure Darnold + Chase is worse then any QB in this draft....but at least i'd consider it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Chris Simms says, "I'm gonna start with Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes, that is my Wilson comp right there." If you think Wilson has an arm on that level, then you don't know what the f*ck you are looking at. I'm done with this crap. 

you cant seriously argue with a guy who was an NFL QB and watching guys for a living when it comes to judging arm strength and velocity.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And there it is!!!

Somehow it's only bad for Wilson that he had time in the pocket.  If you watched any Clemson or OSU you saw those guys standing back there for ages.  When TL had some pressure on him in the OSU game - he folded.

And when Fields had no time against IU....he folded too!

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I mean Wilson can throw the ball 80+ yards through the air. So yes he does have arm strength comparable to Mahomes and Rodgers 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Wilson can throw the ball 80+ yards through the air. So yes he does have arm strength comparable to Mahomes and Rodgers 

Look at these throws and tell me he doesn't have the arm strength.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, IndianaJet said:

And honestly, I'm not sure I want to draft this guy.  but anyone who says he has a weak arm is feeding you garbage.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Would agree. That doesn’t compute. I appreciate the conviction behind his opinions, but that take drew the biggest flag for me. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, maury77 said:

if Wilson is good will you be undone with this crap?

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Look at these throws and tell me he doesn't have the arm strength.

One of the things that also jumped out at me in watching 4 or 5 BYU games this year was WR #5 Dax Milne.

Not sure where he is projected but I would absolutely love to see a mid round pick used on him.

• Upvote 1

I like his reasoning on why he has Zach ahead of the class and I’m a person who really likes Fields but....................

damn SIMSSS IS A HELL OF A SALESPERSON 😣😣😣

• Upvote 2

This is very interesting, Simms has a pretty good track record with QB's and the things he says about Wilson definitely check out. A big positive of him that I've noticed is that most of his criticism is about very marginal or nitpicky things and not core fundamental issues such as accuracy, intelligence, ball protection, and physical ability. One thing that Simms said that definitely checks out on stats and film is that he's great at a lot of things with not very many holes in his game.

He made the same point about competition that I've made. Which is the fact that he excels at ball placement and tight window throws which are very translatable as well as his great physical ability.

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Because he wants to sound like he knows what he's talking about?

I've watched all the snaps from both of them, I'm pretty sure that Wilson's "pockets" were way cleaner than Justin's, and thats the knock on Fields that he takes to long to make a decision with the football.

As I said before I like both prospects but have Justin ahead.

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I've watched all the snaps from both of them, I'm pretty sure that Wilson's "pockets" were way cleaner than Justin's, and thats the knock on Fields that he takes to long to make a decision with the football.

As I said before I like both prospects but have Justin ahead.

I apologize, I thought you said he had six seconds to throw the football.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Have you watched Wilson? His arm is every bit as strong as theirs, his release is every bit as quick.

The kid is the real deal.  

Would I prefer he be 220 instead of 210 - absolutely...but the talent is there.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Credit to Chris for his prognostications.. 

but you put Lamar on CLE, Allen on ARZ, and baker here with Adam Gase and this list is trash. 

All about the staff/support/plan 

where Wilson goes, Lawrence etc will play a big part in this. Wilson IMO will struggle the most with challenges from oline and demands of schemes/systems. Why? Cause he wasn’t very good until this year in a new system with 20 mins to throw. The others have been more consistent and in Fields case, steadily improved. 

I have already proven you wrong on that and your response was that you were not going to read my post. Also watch the Simms video he addresses all the issues including to bogus level of competition one.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Have you watched Wilson? His arm is every bit as strong as theirs, his release is every bit as quick.

The kid is the real deal.  

Would I prefer he be 220 instead of 210 - absolutely...but the talent is there.

He has a good arm, the question is why does he usually underthrow on deep balls?

I believe he has the arm strenght to do it, maybe is a question of mechanics.