Chris Simms ranks Zach Wilson as the best QB in the draft over Trevor Lawrence.

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

you cant seriously argue with a guy who was an NFL QB and watching guys for a living when it comes to judging arm strength and velocity.

My man, I've been practicing law for 14 years and I've eviscerated "experts" on the stand. I'll argue with whomever the f*ck I want :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Wilson can throw the ball 80+ yards through the air. So yes he does have arm strength comparable to Mahomes and Rodgers 

Show me the 80 yard pass he threw. I'm not even sure Mahomes or Allen can throw an NFL ball 80 yards. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Have you watched Wilson? His arm is every bit as strong as theirs, his release is every bit as quick.

The kid is the real deal.  

Would I prefer he be 220 instead of 210 - absolutely...but the talent is there.

My friend, I was bringing up Wilson in the draft forum since November and broke down his tape in December. I (and a lot of others on this board) follow the draft year-round. 

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

My friend, I was bringing up Wilson in the draft forum since November and broke down his tape in December. I (and a lot of others on this board) follow the draft year-round. 

Then you're simply mistaken If you don't see the arm that I and all the experts seem to see.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No complex here.  I was asking a legitimate question.

Listen, you've been clear that you don't think Wilson is any good for the past month.  

In this specific thread you said..

"float some ridiculously stupid sh*t" about Simms giving his projections.  Essentially liking Wilson as the top prospect is ridiculously stupid.

I'll leave it alone going forward - you won't hear directly from me again on this topic  Not trying to offend, just curious.

Buddy, me saying that putting Wilson over Lawrence is ridiculously stupid is my opinion.   I'm giving my opinion on the topic.  If you disagree cool but dont put words in my mouth, I never said Zach Wilson isnt a legitimate NFL prospect.  You made that up.  He clearly is as once again, we're in a thread talking about him being QB1 but that doesnt mean I have to agree.  I dont like his game, at all, especially when compared to his peers.  Maybe he has a nice career, maybe he doesnt.  I'd bet on later and I wouldnt take Zach Wilson if it was my choice.  I've told you everything I dont like about him and explained my reasoning, sorry it bothres you.

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I have already proven you wrong on that and your response was that you were not going to read my post. Also watch the Simms video he addresses all the issues including to bogus level of competition one.

no. There's is a 100% versions of the future where Wilson lands on a team and goes down like a zepplin on fire. There's also some where he becomes a franchise QB... i think? maybe?.... but there's defintely the possibility of sucking. That goes goes for Lawrence too. They all could wind up stinking.  

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Wilson literally takes a 5 yard running start to make this "ridiculous" throw (into double coverage). I guess Lamar from Revenge of The Nerds also has a cannon after he won the javelin competition. 

Again (for the umpteenth time), Zach Wilson is a good NFL prospect, but you guys with your "he's better than Lawrence" and "arm on par with Mahomes" stuff are smoking banana peels. 

Must be Mahomes's uncle. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Wilson literally takes a 5 yard running start to make this "ridiculous" throw (into double coverage). I guess Lamar from Revenge of The Nerds also has a cannon after he won the javelin competition. 

Again (for the umpteenth time), Zach Wilson is a good NFL prospect, but you guys with your "he's better than Lawrence" and "arm on par with Mahomes" stuff are smoking banana peels. 

Must be Mahomes's uncle. 

Probably because regardless of his running start, he throws it with little effort, quick motion and despite double coverage, hits his WR right in the hands. 

And yes Lamar is a stud for that throw as well. 

• Upvote 3

Here are Simms positional rankings from last year.

OL:

1. Jedrick Wills

2. Mekhi Becton

3. Andrew Thomas

4. Tristan Wirfs

5. Cesar Ruiz

LB:

1. Isaiah Simmons

2. Patrick Queen

3. Kenneth Murray

4. Zack Baun

5. Josh Uche

DT:

1. Derrick Brown

2. Javon Kinlaw

3. Neville Gallimore

4. Raekwon Davis

5. Jordan Elliot

S:

1. Antoine Winfield Jr.

2. Xavier McKinney

3. Julian Blackmon

4. Kyle Dugger

5. Ashtyn Davis

CB:

1. CJ Henderson

2. AJ Terrell

3. Jeffrey Okudah

4. Kristian Fulton

5. Trevon Diggs

RB:

1. Clyde Edwards-Helaire

2. Jonathan Taylor

3. JK Dobbins

4. Zack Moss

5. D'andre Swift

EDGE:

1. Chase Young

2. K'lavon Chaisson

3. AJ Epenesa

4. Terrell Lewis

5. Yetur Gross-Matos

WR:

1. Ceedee Lamb

2. No. 2: Justin Jefferson, LSU

Simms: “One of my favorite players in the Draft. I just look at Justin Jefferson and I go, ‘What’s not to like about the guy?’ I don’t understand why he’s not getting more hype…To me, it’s off the charts. Great route runner, can separate from people, fearless over the middle, snatches the ball out of the air…He’s not the most explosive receiver in the draft, but he really understands how to play the game. He has great hands, he’s a great route runner and…in the NFL where offenses are moving guys around again, I think his value is more in the inside of the field just like a Michael Thomas.

3. Henry Ruggs

4. KJ Hamler

5. Tee Higgins

QB:

1. Joe Burrow

2. No. 2: Justin Herbert, Oregon

Simms: “I think he’s got the best arm of any of these quarterbacks in this draft…A really gifted thrower allows an offense to open up…Really good athlete, can throw with people around him and, to me, can make the most ‘wow’ throws out of anybody I’ve seen in this draft at this point…He might not be the quickest or the fastest to accelerate, but he’s the fastest quarterback out of all the guys when he opens up…He’s a special athlete that way…I think he has an incredibly high ceiling like Jordan Love. They can be superstar physical talents who I think can take over games.”

3. Jordan Love

4. Tua Tagovailoa

5. Jacob Eason

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

14 years huh.  O.k. then...since you've been practicing law for 16 years, can you tell me what the correct ignition timing to be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four barrel carburetor?

tomei.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

14 years huh.  O.k. then...since you've been practicing law for 16 years, can you tell me what the correct ignition timing to be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four barrel carburetor?

54 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I'll have to ask Melissa Tomei. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Must be Mahomes's uncle. 

He is better than Lawrence.

I respect the heck out of Chris Simms with regards to QBs.  I do!

When I was beating the drum for Mahomes he was one of the few QB analyst in the NFL that had Mahomes were he should have been.

There after watching Simms ENTIRE review, I can only say he has without question impacted my view of Zack Wilson.  Wow! 

Ummm Sam has to Go!!! 

• Upvote 3

Level of competition matters. Throws that look awesome against st Mary’s all of a sudden are picks when the backs are faster. Escapes from the pocket become sack/fumbles. 

Fields played two good seasons against good competition and proved that his tools will probably translate. I think he has shown growth with his reads and vision.

Wilson has played one comparable season against lesser competition, so I question how well his tools will translate. Additionally he has one less great season so a smaller sample size and the season before this was mediocre as hell not sure why we’re just tossing it out. Recency bias is a real thing. If you think about it he’s the inverse Sam Darnold coming out. And Darnold still got drafted at 3. 

the probability of him being hit relative to fields seems objectively lower to me. This is why I have fields above him. It’s why I have Lawrence above fields (three year sample size). 

as for Simms I can’t locate any other rankings other than the last two drafts making his sample size 2. Not exactly a great statistical pool.