Chris Simms ranks Zach Wilson as the best QB in the draft over Trevor Lawrence.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simms has been the best QB evaluator in recent years. Seems to do his own analysis and not get caught up in the echo chamber consensus rankings. Refreshing. 

Just pimped my mock  

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Wilson vs. Mac Jones + two 1sts + 2nd

Which one do you believe makes the team better overall? 

(hint: Mac Jones was better in all statistically relevant categories playing superior competition) 

Mac Jones was playing on easily the best team in CFB with 2 receivers that will be Top 15 picks and the best OL in CFB. 

Wilson is still the better choice IMO. I can see the second scenario and I agree conceptually with the idea, but Jones is not in the same world as Wilson and we still have a ton of draft captial.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Grandy said:

A reminder that historically, competition played has little to no bearing on future success.

Teams that play weaker teams tend to have worse supporting cast in proportion, the EPA of Wilson's supporting cast wasnt good at all. 

Talent is talent. There have been lots of QBs who played easy competition, but only a handful of guys have ever put up the numbers Wilson has. Wilson had a higher QB rating any non SEC QB practically ever.

The best season ever according to PFF. They are not everything but they grade on accuracy and placement and tight window throws and interceptable balls and a ton of things that are directly translatable to the NFL. Simms said it, and accurate pass is an accurate pass at any level of competition. A super accurate tight window throw the same. He will need to adjust to NFL speed but unlike what most Wilson haters think he was actually NFL level in terms of time to release too so he will adjust to NFL speed. He is just amazing. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

thats crazy he nailed almost everything about sam

He did. Everything, the bailing out of the pocket, over-hyped pro day, Palmer's influence, limited skill-set versus Allen, West Coach bias in the media, etc.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He did great against southwest Idaho community college

There have been a lot of QB’s whose team were ranked out of the top 10 that have not been highest rated ever.  
We know they didn’t play the toughest schedule but come on.  It’s very impressive!

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

From Day 1 my knocks on  Wilson have been and still are:

1: Stupid Face

2: is a Pats Fan

3: One "Great Year" playing mostly no one.

Hence he is undraftable in all rounds... Court is adjourned.

Bull Judge GIF by CBS

Yes that is in order of importance.

Yes my priorities are in order thank you for noticing.

So your concerns have nothing to do with his actual skill-set as a QB. 

Not surprising, as it does seem to be a consistent theme with the anti-Zachs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

With Wilson, it is really whether he has time to throw, how beat up he gets, whether we can move around like he did in college and whether he can take the beating.  He obviously can play QB.

Let's see what his physicals look like.   What current NFL QB has his physical profile?  The closest I can think of is Brees, maybe Rodgers.  

Darnold's athleticism is overrated, which is also part of the problem.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Well, let’s just say that it’s Mac Jones plus a top-3 WR (Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts) and a top-3 RB (Ettiene, Harris, Williams) plus a 2022 first round pick. 

That's a good draft!  It'll be tricky to get Mac Jones.  I'll stick with the Wilson or Fields for FOMO.

Either way we decide, we'll have a comparison of "what if's" like with Macc's...
(Jamal + Sam) vs (Mahomes + Nelson + 3 2nds)  

ouch, it hurts to type that but it does give hope that if we ever hit the draft, we can get out of this cesspool.  The opportunities are there.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There have been a lot of QB’s whose team were ranked out of the top 10 that have not been highest rated ever.  
We know they didn’t play the toughest schedule but come on.  It’s very impressive!

Yep. It could be the little sisters of the poor St university for all I care, the intangibles and athleticism from Wilson’s tape is phenomenal.  His technique, speed, and arm talent is ridiculous. Literally the only question I have is his health. If that’s answered satisfactorily, then he is absolutely the “no Watson” option for me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Sims flipped flopped on his infamous 2018 QB picks, so it’s not all gospel what he says 

Simms nailed everything bad about Darnold in this clip.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Screenshot_20210304-123355_Reddit.jpg

Turnover-Worthy Play % while under Pressure"

Watson -  1%
Sammy  - 20%
Sanchez - 50%

Shocking to see those TL and Mac stats.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Wilson vs. Mac Jones + two 1sts + 2nd

Which one do you believe makes the team better overall? 

(hint: Mac Jones was better in all statistically relevant categories playing superior competition) 

The better QB.  Drafting a QB who doesnt have the arm, the mobility to play QB in the NFL just to take a QB isnt a hint, its a recipe to fail.  Every Alabama QB puts up nice numbers.  Tua etc suck 

I'd rather keep Darnold.  His up side is better than Mac Jones

23 minutes ago, Icer said:

Simms nailed everything bad about Darnold in this clip.

Now we know it wasn't just in hindsight that Darnold sucked as an NFL QB.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Grandy said:

There's been a lot of QBs in history that have faced easier competition, little to none have played that well. Also it's not like he had a juggernaut around him as well.

Screenshot_20210217-131547_Instagram.jpg

Josh Allen was a physical specimen.  Wilson’s throwing shoulder is made of that cheap plastic material they make Ikea furniture out of

Sewell or Pitts at 2.  Jets can draft a qb at 23 or 33 still

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Josh Allen was a physical specimen.  Wilson’s throwing shoulder is made of that cheap plastic material they make Ikea furniture out of

Sewell or Pitts at 2.  Jets can draft a qb at 23 or 33 still

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Any new statistical categories randomdude124 on twitter gonna make up?

Fantastic counterarguments brah 

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The better QB.  Drafting a QB who doesnt have the arm, the mobility to play QB in the NFL just to take a QB isnt a hint, its a recipe to fail.  Every Alabama QB puts up nice numbers.  Tua etc suck 

I'd rather keep Darnold.  His up side is better than Mac Jones

It's okay to have preferences. 

I was intrigued to learn that both Smith and Waddle said, without hesitation, that they preferred Mac Jones over Tua.  

Simms said he has the best feet in the draft, quickly goes through progressions, and throws accurately with anticipation before his WRs are open. That, and he lead the FBS in yards, completion pct., and was second in TDs.  If I could draft Mac Jones and Jaylen Waddle instead of Zatch Wilson I would.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Sims flipped flopped on his infamous 2018 QB picks, so it’s not all gospel what he says 

No qb can succeed without weopens Christopher. Jets hater 

7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This is scary because darnold was supposedly ranked last of all QBs throwing from a clean pocket and simms literally says here that sam is not good in the pocket

Now let me just say, that I am no quarterback analyst. But in watching Wilson’s 2020 season via YouTube, one quickly comes  to the realization that this kid was playing at a different speed vs his peers. I know the competition wasn’t top level, but he carved defences apart. His arm is special. One cannot deny that. He displays poise, accuracy and very good athlete ability when running the ball. Something I wish we would be able to say about Sam after 3 years.

Unless he’s a jerk, I cannot see why management wouldn’t opt for a QB re-set.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Honestly, the kid sounds really damn impressive. From Peter King's PFT column: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/28/nfl-17-game-schedule-zach-wilson-fmia-peter-king/

When have you ever heard a Jets QB break down a play like this? Never?

Darnold saw ghosts. When have you ever seen a qb so in tune with the world that he can sense supernatural beings and avoid them?  Dudes got a sixth sense

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Hopefully he is able to have a successful career and the ability of finishing it healthy. The later is my biggest concern.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

That is correct sir...

Well I mean the last one is mostly football related but it's the least important of the three....

Most important is definitely the stupid face .... Could be a great guy just a face you want to punch.... I always assumed you had one of those faces but I've grown to love you.... much like I will be forced to love Zach Wilson if we draft him.

Pertaining to Zach In the immortal words of Rob Riggle in Step Brothers: G*damnit, I don't know what it is about your face, but I wanna deliver one of these right in your suck hole." 

Link to the scene:

https://youtu.be/M3lGKMXYOG8