Who are your dream picks at 2, 23 and 33?

maury77

And be realistic (no Kyle Pitts at 23 or Patrick Surtain at 33). 

2. Justin Fields - for reasons I've discussed a million times already

23. Jaelan Phillips - edge is the second biggest hole on the roster. Jets are switching to a 4-3 heavily predicated on generating a pass rush from their front 4, don't have any starting caliber options on the roster at edge and edge rusher is arguably the 2nd most important position in football. I think Phillips has the best tools at the position in the class. 

33. Jaylen Mayfield - Jets still need line help. Mayfield is athletic and nasty, plus he can play at guard his rookie season then move to tackle in 2022 to replace Fant. 

• Upvote 2

2: Fields or Wilson- I’ve gone on the record and stated that I don’t which one we get I think both have great ability.

23: Jaelan Phillips/ Alijah Vera Tucker : I hope Phillips stays under the radar and gets here but a pro day including a 4.6 and 32+ vertical will probably sink that hope. As for Tucker, I think he’s just really good. Take him and plug him inside.

34: Kelvin Joseph/ Greg Newsome: Joseph’s game against Alabama isn’t talked about enough. He was excellent. Long and fast, he’s a guy that Douglas might love trait wise but he’s a bit of a headache. Greg Newsome is a bit smaller, a bit slower but more physical and a good egg. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

23. Jaelan Phillips - edge is the second biggest hole on the roster. Jets are switching to a 4-3 heavily predicated on generating a pass rush from their front 4, don't have any starting caliber options on the roster at edge and edge rusher is arguably the 2nd most important position in football. I think Phillips has the best tools at the position in the class. 

33. Jaylen Mayfield - Jets still need line help. Mayfield is athletic and nasty, plus he can play at guard his rookie season then move to tackle in 2022 to replace Fant. 

I like these. I would not mind at all if this is how things went. There's one guy who I really want that throws a wrench in this order and it's Terrace Marshall, Jr. So here's mine. 

2. Justin Fields

23. Terrace Marshall, Jr.

33. Pat Jones

This gives the Jets a potential FQB, potential X WR to play across from Mims with Crowder in the slot and a scheme-specific Edge rusher who fits the much needed LEO position in Saleh's defense- including the wide nine. 

A lot (obviously) depends on FA. I'm hoping the Jets go hard after Thuney and he fills a major gap on the interior of the O-line. They can add another Guard or OT later in the draft as depth, as early as Rd. 3 maybe. They still have GVR and Fant under contract and I think they try to bring back Elflein on a relatively cheap deal. I think that's also where they might look for LB and/or CB depth. This also depends on whether the Jets net a draft pick for Darnold in this range. Jabril Cox and Chazz Surratt are the two LBs on my radaar in the late Rd. 2 (Darnold pick?) or Rd. 3 range. 

• Sympathy 1

All offense:

2: Ja'Marr Chase (would prefer to trade down and get him, sick of not having real weapons)

23: Alijah Vera-Tucker (Beast at G or T)

34: Pat Freiermuth (every good young QB needs a reliable TE regardless of who that QB ends up being)

Bonus: extra second round pick from a trade down grab the best available DE or CB

• Upvote 2

I like these. I would not mind at all if this is how things went. There's one guy who I really want that throws a wrench in this order and it's Terrace Marshall, Jr. So here's mine. 
2. Justin Fields
23. Terrace Marshall, Jr.
33. Pat Jones
This gives the Jets a potential FQB, potential X WR to play across from Mims with Crowder in the slot and a scheme-specific Edge rusher who fits the much needed LEO position in Saleh's defense- including the wide nine. 
A lot (obviously) depends on FA. I'm hoping the Jets go hard after Thuney and he fills a major gap on the interior of the O-line. They can add another Guard or OT later in the draft as depth, as early as Rd. 3 maybe. They still have GVR and Fant under contract and I think they try to bring back Elflein on a relatively cheap deal. I think that's also where they might look for LB and/or CB depth. This also depends on whether the Jets net a draft pick for Darnold in this range. Jabril Cox and Chazz Surratt are the two LBs on my radaar in the late Rd. 2 (Darnold pick?) or Rd. 3 range. 

I’d be very happy with this, but I’d hope that they would go OL in the third in this scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

2: Fields or Wilson- I’ve gone on the record and stated that I don’t which one we get I think both have great ability.
23: Jaelan Phillips/ Alijah Vera Tucker : I hope Phillips stays under the radar and gets here but a pro day including a 4.6 and 32+ vertical will probably sink that hope. As for Tucker, I think he’s just really good. Take him and plug him inside.
34: Kelvin Joseph/ Greg Newsome: Joseph’s game against Alabama isn’t talked about enough. He was excellent. Long and fast, he’s a guy that Douglas might love trait wise but he’s a bit of a headache. Greg Newsome is a bit smaller, a bit slower but more physical and a good egg. 

I really like edge and CB there. Those are 2 of the most important positions in the game and aside from Bryce Hall, the Jets have nothing at those positions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

2. Je'Marr Chase

23. Jaycee Horn

34. Teven Jenkins

This is my second attempt. There is a steep drop at CB after the top 3-4, so Horn might make sense there. I doubt Jenkins makes it to 34, but there will be a good Tackle at that spot. Instead of Horn I'd also be ok grabbing EDGE, Oweh, Phillips, Rousseau, Ojulari, Jones.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JazzyJet said:

2. Je'Marr Chase

23. Jaycee Horn

34. Teven Jenkins

This is my second attempt. There is a steep drop at CB after the top 3-4, so Horn might make sense there. I doubt Jenkins makes it to 34, but there will be a good Tackle at that spot. Instead of Horn I'd also be ok grabbing EDGE, Oweh, Phillips, Rousseau, Ojulari, Jones.

I took Vera-Tucker at 23, but that would change if we signed someone like Thuney instead of Linsley in FA. 

I love Horn, for the reasons you mention, how good he is and the drop off at CB. On draft day, I think Douglas will take a defensive player at 23 and I'd prefer a corner like Horn ahead of those edge options. 

On 3/3/2021 at 11:07 AM, maury77 said:

Too many Jaeylaens, sorry.

2 Wilson (The Simms evaluation has me sold)

23 Rashaan Slater (probably a pipe dream but someone always falls), or Alijah Vera-Tucker

34 Terrace Marshall

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3rd time's a charm. I might be coming around to drafting a QB after the threat in main forum mentioning how the fans will boo Sam out if he comes 3 and out early.

2. Fields (Safer than Wilson, need to minimize the risk)

23. Bateman (still need weapons)

34. Jenkins (O-line still needs work, add Thuney in FA too)

Stinks to miss out on EDGE and CB early, but there is some decent value in 3rd and 4th round here, but the Offense needs the most work by far.

• Upvote 2

On 3/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, Lith said:

2. Fields

23. Alijah Vera Tucker (Not sure he will be available, but theread asked for ideal)

34.  CB.  Not sure who.  Horn/Newsome/Stokes come to mind.

Take a gander at Kentucky’s Kelvin Joseph. He’s got some Revis in him, and plays in the receivers hip pocket like born and bred defensive back.... I personally think he could be the best CB in this class in the pros. 

2. Fields - I’ll leave the more in depth QB debates to the other threads, but suffice to say that I’m way less nervous about Fields than Wilson and just as if not more excited about his upside.

23. Vera Tucker (haven’t looked at the corners yet. If I think someone like Jaycee Horn warrants it I could slide him in here)

34. Rondale Moore - I think he’ll fit into the scheme perfectly and will be much more than just a gadget guy on the next level. Would be our most electric receiver since Santana Moss, and god damnit I think we deserve some excitement after what we’ve witnessed on offense the majority of the past decade+. I’ve seen some mocks having us take him at 23, but looking at the teams drafting between our picks at 23-34 I think the sweet spot for him is with our second rounder.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

3rd time's a charm. I might be coming around to drafting a QB after the threat in main forum mentioning how the fans will boo Sam out if he comes 3 and out early.

2. Fields (Safer than Wilson, need to minimize the risk)

23. Bateman (still need weapons)

34. Jenkins (O-line still needs work, add Thuney in FA too)

Stinks to miss out on EDGE and CB early, but there is some decent value in 3rd and 4th round here, but the Offense needs the most work by far.

Fields is safe how?  That Ohio St pedigree ?

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fields is safe how?  That Ohio St pedigree ?

Heard this before and it's a lazy argument. I think it's plan on the surface that Fields is nothing Like Hoskins, Troy Smith, Pryor or any of those guys. But for those who are still skeptical here's a nice article about it:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/justin-fields-different-ohio-state-qbs

And hey, someone has to be the first OSU QB to break that glass ceiling?

3 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

Heard this before and it's a lazy argument. I think it's plan on the surface that Fields is nothing Like Hoskins, Troy Smith, Pryor or any of those guys. But for those who are still skeptical here's a nice article about it:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/justin-fields-different-ohio-state-qbs

And hey, someone has to be the first OSU QB to break that glass ceiling?

If it’s so lazy how do you explain the previous 15 straight Ohio state Qbs that busted in the nfl - 4 of which played with the same offense and coaching staff