Allen Robinson continues to flirt with Gang Green on Twitter

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

all this can be true, and he's still not good enough to for me to reset the WR bar...

Man you guys... Cousins, Bell, it doesn't matter hey. I can do better with that money on Curtis Samuel and Thuney & Linsley. I'm not getting into bar setting contract with Allen Robinson. I'm not....

You think giving him the same deal Keenan Allen already got is setting the the bar for wrs? With the money the Jets have available if sign Robinson and thuney. 

9 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

You think giving him the same deal Keenan Allen already got is setting the the bar for wrs? With the money the Jets have available if sign Robinson and thuney. 

I think Robinson will laugh at us if we offered him Keenan Allen money. This is his last big contract more than likely. To come to NY you're going to make him the highest paid WR in the NFL

No. Not on my watch. 

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm typically not one for overspending...

But if you draft a QB at two....You have to surround whoever it is with talent.  You need to help him develop.

Go get Thuney, Get Robinson, keep Crowder....and then draft the best offensive player with 23 and 34 on the board.

That's how you do it.  

Make the young QB the single most important thing you can do.

If you have to overspend to help him develop you do it.  These next two years should have one goal and one goal only - give your young QB every opportunity to become a FQB.

But you wouldn’t want to sign Robinson and thuney to play with Watson?

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think Robinson will laugh at us if we offered him Keenan Allen money. This is his last big contract more than likely. To come to NY you;re going to the highest paid WR in the NFL

No. Not on my watch. 

You have to get paid more to play in ny than la? When Keenan Allen signed his deal it was a smaller percentage of the cap than it would be now. What is it that you expect Robinson to sign for?

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ever since dating back to my Trevor Lawrence dream; I've been A++ high on Allen Robinson. 

I believe he's the best and by far the most dominant FA WR. 

Regardless if it's Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson etc or even Sam Darnold; Allen Robinson as our #1 WR is (imo) a must. 

I'd love to see Denzel Mims opposite of Allen Robinson. 

he only comes here if we have Watson.

we have a serious problem in FA despite all our money. we dont have an answer at QB.

FAs especially WRs are going to want to know whos throwing at them. Free Agency starts on the 17 i think. Fields and Wilsons pro day are later in the month. `i dont think the Jets will know who there QB is next season until april or even draft day. 

they might want the money, but they also dont want to ruin there careers. Robinson, JuJu and others are young. they will get another contract after this one. and that contract will suck if they go from over 100 catches this year to 50-60 with us the next couple of years.

unless JD trades for Watson in the next 2 weeks its going to be hard to get Robinson and the other top WRs.

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

You have to get paid more to play in ny than la? When Keenan Allen signed his deal it was a smaller percentage of the cap than it would be now. What is it that you expect Robinson to sign for?

you have bigger asks to come to a team to die. 

Until we change that rep, that's the ask. You want me to be a jet? prove it... cause otherwise, i can go play for a little less with someone who's gonna help keep me on ESPN highlights... and more likely to get a reup in 2-3 years.

You don't think that stuff plays into an agent's/players decision... child please. 

Regardless, i'm not paying Robinson that much if i'm GM. I believe in myself at assessing talent. I can get by with Mims, Samuel, Cole, and Crowder along with my draft picks of Terrace Marshall/Rondale Moore. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Until we change that rep, that's the ask. You want me to be a jet? prove it... cause otherwise, i can go play for a little less with someone who's gonna help keep me on ESPN highlights... and more likely to get a reup in 2-3 years.

You don't think that stuff plays into an agent's/players decision... child please. 

Regardless, i'm not paying Robinson that much if i'm GM. I got at assessing talent. I can get by with Mims, Samuel, Cole, and Crowder along with my draft picks of Terrace Marshall/Rondale Moore. 

I don’t look at it as coming to the Jets to die, and I don’t think there are that many teams w the cap space to sign him.

You think he has less of a chance to be on espn if he’s playing in the biggest media market in the country?

child please.... is that from a movie or something?

It all means nothing if the bears franchise him. 

7 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

I don’t look at it as coming to the Jets to die, and I don’t think there are that many teams w the cap space to sign him.

You think he has less of a chance to be on espn if he’s playing in the biggest media market in the country?

child please.... is that from a movie or something?

It all means nothing if the bears franchise him. 

Yea it's chad johnson's old favorite expression. I find it to be fun and cheeky to use it from time to time.

Hey i understand what you're saying... but right now, the Jets are not a place players like to come to play. They use to leverage contracts out of other teams (see Kirk Cousins w/us and MIN)... I absolutely think this kind of stuff plays with Agents and players. If he's 28 and wants to sneak in another pay day in 2023/2024 he's going to make some decisions about where he best stands to maintain his value. 

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

In year 1.  

If Thuney and Robinson would sign 1 year deals - then absolutely.  Barring that near impossibility we can't afford them.

What is this based on?  Do you think the salary cap is going to stay at $180M?  I expect both players to be signed to 4 years deals, that the Jets would be able to get out of pretty easily after the 3rd year.  Where is all of the cap space going to go?

The Shanahan style offense definitely tends to favor one guy getting peppered with targets. Robinson has to know that and seems to want to be in New York.

He’s been productive with poor quarterback play. They need someone who they can force targets to and have cap space.

That #1 receiver is the thing this offense will prioritize. Even quarterback can get kicked down the curb. They need that guy. Robinson is one of not so many who actually has a track record of performing as that guy. 

Win win.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, derp said:

The Shanahan style offense definitely tends to favor one guy getting peppered with targets. Robinson has to know that and seems to want being in New York.

He’s been productive with poor quarterback play. They need someone who they can force targets to and have cap space.

That #1 receiver is the thing this offense will prioritize. Even quarterback can get kicked down the curb. They need that guy. Robinson is one of not so many who actually has a track record of performing as that guy. 

Win win.

I think a WR1 like Allen Robinson is one of the only contracts JD would slightly overspend on. He put emphasis on righting his mistakes from year one and highlighted the management of the WR position in his mid season presser if you guys remember.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Regardless, i'm not paying Robinson that much if i'm GM. I believe in myself at assessing talent. I can get by with Mims, Samuel, Cole, and Crowder along with my draft picks of Terrace Marshall/Rondale Moore. 

But the money isn’t an issue and won’t be for years. And sure you’re great at the evals but Samuel and Mims combined aren’t even 1 Allen Robinson. As much as you might love Mims and Samuel and Crowder, the quantifiable reality says they don’t have the impact or consistency of Robinson. Whoever plays QB next year will benefit more from Robinson than Samuel, Marshall/ Moore so sign the stud. Let him be a cushion to catch Fields or Wilson and bring them into the NFL.

What is $21 million when you have $80+ million, no one to re-sign and no long term liabilities down the pipeline?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Allen Robinson is my #1 target in free agency, and I hope Joe Douglas feels the same way.  He's absolutely a game changer, and he has done it year in and year out with subpar quarterback play.  He's the best WR in the NFL in contested catches. He would bring to the Jets what Brandon Marshall brought to the Jets in 2015.

My dream would be to sign Robinson in free agency, trade down a few spots from #2, and draft Ja'Mar Chase.  Brand new offense equipped to compete in the modern NFL.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

But the money isn’t an issue and won’t be for years. And sure you’re great at the evals but Samuel and Mims combined aren’t even 1 Allen Robinson. As much as you might love Mims and Samuel and Crowder, the quantifiable reality says they don’t have the impact or consistency of Robinson. Whoever plays QB next year will benefit more from Robinson than Samuel, Marshall/ Moore so sign the stud. Let him be a cushion to catch Fields or Wilson and bring them into the NFL.

What is $21 million when you have $80+ million, no one to re-sign and no long term liabilities down the pipeline?

Maybe. But as a general manager I’d rather have Mims, Samuel and Moore/Marshall than Mims and Robinson. Longevity wise I like that more, cause you know of we sign Robinson we won’t drafting  WR early. 

6 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Allen Robinson is my #1 target in free agency, and I hope Joe Douglas feels the same way.  He's absolutely a game changer, and he has done it year in and year out with subpar quarterback play.  He's the best WR in the NFL in contested catches. He would bring to the Jets what Brandon Marshall brought to the Jets in 2015.

My dream would be to sign Robinson in free agency, trade down a few spots from #2, and draft Ja'Mar Chase.  Brand new offense equipped to compete in the modern NFL.

As much as I’ve always liked Robinson there’s other FA WRs that can also be had.  Golladay, Davis, Hilton.  Sign one of them and draft a WR at 23

Robinson is going to want Julio Jones/Hopkins money

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson to Robinson is the future.

I just watched this video and I have two observations:

1. Collinsworth needs to find a good rehab program.

2. Allen Robinson has never actually seen a single Zack Wilson play and couldn’t pick him out of a USWNT team photo. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just watched this video and I have two observations:

1. Collinsworth needs to find a good rehab program.

2. Allen Robinson has never actually seen a single Zack Wilson play and couldn’t pick him out of a USWNT team photo. 

Maybe he’s never seen Zach Wilson play but he’s willing to lie about it just so he can end up in New York. 

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

In year 1.  

If Thuney and Robinson would sign 1 year deals - then absolutely.  Barring that near impossibility we can't afford them.

This isn't even close to true.   If they keep Darnold on the 5th year he will be about a $25M hit.  Can we afford that?  Cause I don't think Watson at $35M for the same year is so prohibitive. 

This isn't even close to true.   If they keep Darnold on the 5th year he will be about a $25M hit.  Can we afford that?  Cause I don't think Watson at $35M for the same year is so prohibitive. 
2022, 2024, 2025 are the inflated years for Watson (32 plus)

His deal would absolutely get reworked ... and still be as expensive as all hell.

Very diff than a one year inflation year (25 mil) that typically get reworked because of an extension.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No, which is very much part of the reason why they won't be keeping Sam.

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

all this can be true, and he's still not good enough to for me to reset the WR bar...

Man you guys... Cousins, Bell, it doesn't matter hey. I can do better with that money on Curtis Samuel and Thuney & Linsley. I'm not getting into bar setting contract with Allen Robinson. I'm not....

One difference with Robinson (and someone like Bell, or even Samuel for that matter) is he's already demonstrated he didn't just coast after cashing in with multiple guaranteed seasons. It's not insignificant. That contract he got from Chicago last time around wasn't some nothing/prove-it deal it was $14MM/year in 2018 with a couple years guaranteed.

Also he's not going to reset the WR bar. That was Hopkins with the $27MM+/year extension Arizona gave him this past September. K.Allen got $20MM/yr 3 days prior. Julio got $22MM/yr in Sept the year before that. Depending on what comes of new CBA discussions, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a deal between Allen & Julio. But it's hard to say for certain when there's a bidding war vs. an extension for an under-contract player.

With the Jets' other (presumed) starting WR in Mims already signed for 3 more years himself at $1.1MM (of new money) per year, IMO it's more important to look at the cost of the starting duo than just the more expensive player on his own. The advantage to starters on their rookie deals is it frees up the cap room to make moves like this. 

Say the Jets do trade down and draft Pitts (would seem to fit the offense they're installing, though I'm not sure what offense he wouldn't fit). Even if Robinson's contract matched the last extension for Julio Jones, the total cap hit for a WR1-WR2-TE trio of Robinson-Mims-Pitts would be ~$29MM/yr. If they then also want to renegotiate a pay cut (or just go in another direction altogether from) Crowder at that point, fine either way. But also consider that Darnold's cap hit this year is also low at $10MM, as would any other QB they draft instead of him. So add that to the QB+WR1+WR2+TE total cost of $39MM. That's how I'd expect a GM to view the situation.

And the reality is in FA the Jets going to end up overspending on someone or on multiple people anyway (see Fant last year at an ungodly $9MM/year for a career backup on a Seattle team with a mostly-bad starting OL). It'd be a huge price tag no doubt, but I'd favor a rookie (and/or older veteran) RT & Robinson over Fant & Samuel. Price tag is in the same ballpark for both scenarios.

Hardly definite, but I expect Robinson to get getting tagged by Chicago anyway, seeing how they'd be getting an amortized $4-6MM/yr discount on him and they need him even more than we do. They're better off trading Fuller to clear that space. You think their offense is meh now? See how it looks without Allen Robinson.