Joe Douglas on Sam Darnold: "If calls are made, I will answer"

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

It's really not that hard, because he doesn't look like a good QB limited by his surroundings.  He looks like a QB who's taken a bad situation and made it much worse.

I was always a Sam fan - and hope he developed. 

For me the issue is similar to what you're saying - but I really never even saw him "flash"

sure, he made a play here or there but barring the one game in GB that he lost, I just didn't see. - I really never watched him and thought to myself - WOW! He's going to be a star.

And I was looking for it and hoping for it - He's just not Special.  And we gotta keep trying until you find Special

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all know Sam is gone, Its just a matter of what the compensation will be.  

I have a source. He said one of two things will happen in the next week... Either Sam will be traded or he wont be. Will report more as i learn it.

people will interpret this anyway they want but guys like Wentz and Stafford have already been shipped the Jets aren't really burning up the phone lines trying to move this dude  just my .02

Posted Images

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I was always a Sam fan - and hope he developed. 

For me the issue is similar to what you're saying - but I really never even saw him "flash"

sure, he made a play here or there but barring the one game in GB that he lost, I just didn't see. - I really never watched him and thought to myself - WOW! He's going to be a star.

And I was looking for it and hoping for it - He's just not Special.  And we gotta keep trying until you find Special

If not special, at least very good.

You're right on the Green Bay game.  That and the Rose Bowl built a ton of hope that some people are unwilling to let go of.

The fact is, Sam was a prospect with a good amount of upside, but just as many reasons for concern.

It is disappointing, but certainly shouldn't be shocking, that the bad stuff remained a problem.

It's time to move on.

• Upvote 1