Does JD plan on doing...anything?

JD seems to only be interested in cutting talent. What else has he done to build this team? 

His arrogant comments today basically hinting they won’t make a run at Watson because we have to “hit on draft picks” reinforces this strategy of draft only. And why? His last class was a meh class at best.

Around the league teams are actively making moves prepping for FA and making conditional trades. Much like last year seems like we are late to the dance. 

Let’s see how FA shakes out this year but man if boring is supposed to be sexy, 9 wins in two seasons isn’t showing me much. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 41
  • WTF? 6
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Mac traded away a million picks for Sam. Handed out ridiculous contracts to Mosley, Bell and Anthony Barr (which we got lucky on). How’d that all work out. Be patient with Douglas. 

Oh stop. You all loved the trade for sam. Don’t make me take out the screen shots 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD seems to only be interested in cutting talent. What else has he done to build this team? 

His arrogant comments today basically hinting they won’t make a run at Watson because we have to “hit on draft picks” reinforces this strategy of draft only. And why? His last class was a meh class at best.

Around the league teams are actively making moves prepping for FA and making conditional trades. Much like last year seems like we are late to the dance. 

Let’s see how FA shakes out this year but man if boring is supposed to be sexy, 9 wins in two seasons isn’t showing me much. 

Well it may be that our roster is far worse than even we imagine

• Upvote 1

Pats, Pitt, Packers, Saints, KC, Seattle, Baltimore, Cleveland of new, Philly of old and some younger up and coming teams have all for the most part built through the draft. It’s how you have long term success. Obviously you need the QB. Once you have that, you don’t have to over pay in FA year in year out. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

What would you have liked to see us do pre FA?

Fired Gase.  Hired Salah.  Hired LaFluer etc.

Bwaaaa what is he doing, that arrogant ..... is late.  LATE I TELL YOU

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is just a veiled "I'm all mad cause he is not selling the farm for Watson' thread

Blew his cover in the 2nd sentence.

No its Kevins continuation of his hating JD and wanting him gone.

Hes hated him from the get go

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Mac traded away a million picks for Sam. Handed out ridiculous contracts to Mosley, Bell and Anthony Barr (which we got lucky on). How’d that all work out. Be patient with Douglas. 

Large contracts have been a thorn in our side for a longggg time.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Please go amd smoke some weed.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Lol did you upvote your own bitchy post?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

JD used last year to set up a big draft this year. Let’s be honest. It’s no big secret his first draft wasn’t great- wasn’t terrible. Big Ticket was an easy choice, but after that- meh you know the rest.

I still have faith though. If he’s preaching through the draft ( which is the smart way to do it) He needs to hit big this year, and I think he will. We all want the answer to the million dollar question now- I get it! I’d love to know too. Tons of picks - go lay the foundation this year  if you like the qb go get him. Not convinced- trade that #2 for a sh*t ton! 

22 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

????

• Haha 1

I mean, if you want to build a consistent winner you have to hit on your draft picks much more than you miss. Spending big in FA without having a core of good, controllable players generally gives you a small window and then you're usually bad again.

JD does need to spend more in FA, and I can't imagine he won't this off season. If for nothing else than he needs to show that the team is getting better. Otherwise he'll find himself on the hot seat sooner than later. 

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I mean, if you want to build a consistent winner you have to hit on your draft picks much more than you miss. Spending big in FA without having a core of good, controllable players generally gives you a small window and then you're usually bad again.

JD does need to spend more in FA, and I can't imagine he won't this off season. If for nothing else than he needs to show that the team is getting better. Otherwise he'll find himself on the hot seat sooner than later. 

Draft is always the key but if there's ever a year where you need to nail FA it's this one with everyone cash strapped and the cap being what it is with COVID. We're the one eyed moron in the valley of the blind as far as money this year. We can pull off the type of deals that would have seemed impossible a year ago

• Upvote 2

What a bunch of nonsense. Douglas has one draft under his belt and those players have played one season. Talk about a rush to judgment. I also never heard Douglas day Watson was not an option. You sound like a 6 year girl that didn't get her way.

• Upvote 1

Amen.  Preach it.  It's like we hired someone from the Ravens and Eagles who knows how to gut a team and negotiate picks from hype playoff contenders and is afraid to actually make a decision and do something with them.

Note to JN:  We have been "rebuilding" since 2017.  "Suck For Sam", remember?  Douglas didn't launch the Jets rebuild, he inherited it mid-stream.  Yet they give Gase 4 games and Douglas, what, 4 years?  Give me a break.

SAR I

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1