Who will the Jets draft with the #2 pick?

What will the Jets do with the #2 pick?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Jets draft with the #2 pick? Not what you want to happen, but think what will happen.

• Zack Wilson
    • Justin Fields
    • Penei Sewell
    • Chase/Smith
    • Trade down the pick
    • Trade the pick to the Texans for Deshaun Watson

As we draw closer to draft night, I want to start a poll on everybody’s thinking what JD will ultimately do with the #2 pick. The possibilities discussed on this forum are endless with anywhere from taking a QB to trading down to everything in between. I already let my feelings known that Sam Darnold is done in NY and needs to try to rekindle his career elsewhere. My first choice for his replacement is Deshaun Watson but there is a limit I’m willing to give up. Offer the Texans three 1st rounders. I’m willing to give a 2nd rounder and Darnold for good measure. If the Texans are persistent, back off and draft Fields instead. That’s what I want, but in the end I think the Jets trade back. JD mentioned today that you build a championship team through the draft.

• Like 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a BYU QB with 1 year of notable production, two shoulder surgeries and zero experience managing pressure - has doubled the votes against obvious Watson clone with better accuracy and big game winning

After today comments from Douglas regarding Sam, seems like it’s a no brainer it’ll be Wilson 

It's kinda hilarious. When Fields beat Lawrence head-to-head, the reaction on this board was basically, "oh no! what if Jax takes Fields over Trevor, now?!?" Fields is hurt and loses the following wee

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

After today comments from Douglas regarding Sam, seems like it’s a no brainer it’ll be Wilson 

Wilson scares me with his small frame and injury history. Fields reminds me of a bigger Russell Wilson, although I would prefer the sure thing with Watson but at what cost?

Zach or a trade down. I want them to pick Wilson but I have a feeling we are sticking with our bust for another 2 years in typical Jets fashion of dragging things out too long with failed QBs

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

we get Watson.

that trade has to happen this year with 3 teams with 2 first round picks. if they wait till next year so far its only us with 2 BUT, hopefully we will be better and not picking as high as 2.

if Houston wants to draft there next QB it would have to be this year cause they could get multiple 1st rd picks and a high 2 or 3 to get that QB in a trade with us or Miami. we would win cause i believe Woody would step in and do whatever it took to get his first FQB.

that is if its True that Watson would except a trade here. if not he goes to Miami.

• Upvote 1

a BYU QB with 1 year of notable production, two shoulder surgeries and zero experience managing pressure - has doubled the votes against obvious Watson clone with better accuracy and big game winning experience - which he did on his own.

Jet fans deserve every tragedy that befalls them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 3
Wilson.  Will trade Sam if they get what they want. If not, Wilson will sit a year

This exactly what I expect Joe Douglas to do. I believe the Darnold trade will more than likely be either 2 second round picks or a Conditional 2nd round pick that becomes a 2022 1st because of performance merits.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

I'm good with anyone Joe Douglas goes with at No. 2 overall, even if he decides to be a bitonti and draft Penei Sewell. I'm just looking forward to a new beginning with a new quarterback whoever the hell that is. 

• Upvote 2

I voted trade down. Love to and rather see trade for Watson - ( just not the ridiculous amount of assets that are being talked about). I could be happy with any of the choices except drafting Fields.

• Post of the Week 1

Penei Sewell

Joe Douglas attempts to trade down, but he does not get any offers with the compensation he is targeting. Douglas goes back to his roots and continues building up the offensive line. He cannot pass on an elite tackle prospect of Sewell's caliber. The Jets decide two powerful rooks are their ticket to success in this chess game.

• Upvote 1

Based off Carson Wentz pick in Philly I assume Douglas likes Fields more than Wilson. But based off Shanahans scheme I assume Lafluer likes Wilson over Fields. I think Darnolds gone, fits Lafleurs style but ultimately just not right decision strategically - JD rather get a rookie contract and trade Darnold while he still has a Rd 1 or 2 value vs next year when it plummets after he plays bad or plays so mediocre we obviously have to move on and every team low balls us. Douglas will get the financial assist of rookie QB plus draft capital. Sweet deal if the QB hits  

unfortunately I think the Watson trade is no go, Could see him doing one last final offer before the draft but prob gets denied. 

While I voted for a trade down, I do not believe we will receive an on the card offer.  I believe we will be forced to pick at #2 and I would take Sewell.  It is a no brainer.  Yes, a wideout would improve the team more, but we cannot miss on the pick and Sewell is a long term starter.  NO matter who we take they will not make us contenders.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

a BYU QB with 1 year of notable production, two shoulder surgeries and zero experience managing pressure - has doubled the votes against obvious Watson clone with better accuracy and big game winning experience - which he did on his own.

Jet fans deserve every tragedy that befalls them. 

Anyone, anything but Darnold, Hell throw a can of paint back there for all I care 

• Haha 1

I’m glad I don’t have to make this decision.  I think they might trade down but only a few positions.  That will get them a blue chip player and still some flexibility to pick up a QB of lesser renown. Of course trading for Watson or even Wilson does have some logic.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He also reiterated his desire to build thru the draft. By suggesting that he'll take calls for the pick, he's also suggesting that he's considering taking a QB at #2. By keeping his options wide open, he keeps the trade interest in the pick and Darnold high. By saying that the pro days are important, he's letting everyone know that he won't be doing anything with Darnold or the pick until after they're all over - which will be the end of the month. 

Nothing has changed my opinion on the matter since the Jets locked into that #2 pick. Not that I know where he's gonna land, but it's going to be all about his evaluations of the QBs in the draft vs. Darnold, and the offers he's getting for Darnold and the pick from other GMs. If he decides he loves a QB, he'll take him. That would be a no-brainer. But if he doesn't love a QB any more than he loves Sam, he's gonna move the pick. Deshaun Watson being the wildcard, but I don't see Joe Douglas paying too much for that privilege. If the Texans want to move Watson, the Jets and the #2 pick have to be their top choice. I expect JD to wait them out. 

I voted trade down, because that would be my best guess. I do think there will be a bidding war for the pick, and I think the bounties being offered will be too good for JD to refuse. Gives him and Saleh a great head start in getting their program up & running, and probably extra draft capital in 2022 and beyond as well to put toward a QB should they decide to move on. 

• Upvote 3

Trade down somewhere no later than ten. Then draft best player/need available. Lance if he's there, or Pitts, or a WR. Use the later number one and (depending on the return) the second round picks to fill things out. 

Having two (maybe three) first rounders next year ensures yet more talent on the whole team. Yes - keep options alive and doors open for the new QB, this year or next - but don't mortgage off the rest of the team. 

If I had to predict today, I predict a Trade Down.

And then?  I honestly don't know.  Could be a QB (maybe Fields).  Could be one of the WR's.  

Till we really know how they feel about Sam (and I think there is a good chance they DO want him back in 2021) it's impossible to truly know.

I hope for Sewell or one of the elite WR prospects.  I'd take a QB later (Jones at #23 perhaps, or #34, or Trask in the early 3rd), but if they do stick with Sam, I'm all in on WR's, O-Linemen and a RB. 

Something like this (maybe not exact players, but you get the gist):

Mock.jpg.64fb92e133c60d657d1e890cc7af01f4.jpg

• Upvote 3