Giants release WR Golden Tate ahead of free agency to clear cap space

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lol this is a rather poor response.

Tate is a better player by all accounts. Stats, toughness, and getting open. Crowder can't play outside or compete with any teams first or second options at CB since being here. That is why we have this special role for him that usually just goes to the 3rd option or a nber 1 guy plays to take advantage of the mismatch, we just made him the slot guy so he could play. He literally doesn't nothing with it. 12 passes a game with 45 yards. Its a waste.

I mean I can't help of you don't watch highlights/games and don't understand basic offense.

Have you seen Tate play? Have you not seen crowder disappear on routes/entire quarters...etc.

Liking crowder at his salary ok guy... crazy.

I really like your "totally true" comment. Yeah it's totally just almost, I mean not exact but mostly true. Yeah got iti

It is all just opinion, we are on jetsnation arguing about two guys that shouldn't be starting for any team in the NFL especially not at that crowder salary

Tate once was better. Except he is what he is now, not what he was years ago. What he is now - correction: what he was last year - is a 4th receiving option on a team with only a meh group of receivers. And he’d be even lower on the pecking order, as the 5th receiving option, if Barkley didn’t miss 15 games.

If it’s all just opinion, then don’t phrase your own subjective opinion as “fact” and then try to slant an objectively true mathematical fact as “mostly true” at the same time (and then double-down on it when I further laid the numbers out for you).

And I don’t know what you’re talking about that Crowder gets “12 passes a game for 45 yards” like this is some sort of norm or that the 24-0 game was an indictment on Crowder more than on Flacco, the interior line, and merely running the route options that were open or plays that were called in the first place.

Referring to that one stat line in per-game fashion wouldn’t even pass muster enough to use a “mostly true” type of slant, seeing how the 3 prior games he was getting 10-13 targets he went over 100 yards each week.

Comparatively, Tate has a single game eclipsing 100 yards since October of 2018 (which is to clarify that he once caught a pass in 2019 that turned into a long TD when the corner tripped & fell to the turf; that play itself requiring a perfect pass into a puny window, in stride, because Tate couldn’t get any separation in single coverage).

Crowder is overpaid for his production, but he’s closer to it than Tate. We’ll see how the league values each of them if Crowder gets released and they’re both FAs. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Tate once was better. Except he is what he is now, not what he was years ago. What he is now - correction: what he was last year - is a 4th receiving option on a team with only a meh group of receivers. And he’d be even lower on the pecking order, as the 5th receiving option, if Barkley didn’t miss 15 games.

If it’s all just opinion, then don’t phrase your own subjective opinion as “fact” and then try to slant an objectively true mathematical fact as “mostly true” at the same time (and then double-down on it when I further laid the numbers out for you).

And I don’t know what you’re talking about that Crowder gets “12 passes a game for 45 yards” like this is some sort of norm or that the 24-0 game was an indictment on Crowder more than on Flacco, the interior line, and merely running the route options that were open or plays that were called in the first place.

Referring to that one stat line in per-game fashion wouldn’t even pass muster enough to use a “mostly true” type of slant, seeing how the 3 prior games he was getting 10-13 targets he went over 100 yards each week.

Comparatively, Tate has a single game eclipsing 100 yards since October of 2018 (which is to clarify that he once caught a pass in 2019 that turned into a long TD when the corner tripped & fell to the turf; that play itself requiring a perfect pass into a puny window, in stride, because Tate couldn’t get any separation in single coverage).

Crowder is overpaid for his production, but he’s closer to it than Tate. We’ll see how the league values each of them if Crowder gets released and they’re both FAs. 

Crowder is overpaid for his production

True

On 3/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, mrcoops said:

They also cut David Mayo, who was an ILB for them but who can also play SLB in a 4-3.

I wouldn't mind the Jets bringing him in, if he can be had at a reasonable rate. He could compete at SLB and also provide MLB depth behind Mosley.

Not a bad thought