JN. I'm confused.

As a fan, I have no idea who I want @ QB. 
Justin Fields vs. Zach Wilson? 
Deshaun Watson vs. Russell Wilson?
Trade down from #2 overall and receive an A+ haul in order to build around Sam? 
I'm confused JN. I have no idea what I want our Jets to do. 

Same boat here..a lot of ideas, scenarios jumping around in my head.. but no absolute conviction on anything.
However... I’d like to get Watson, but not give up the farm..
If not probably stick with Sam and trade back twice and try to get a haul...
That’s today’s thinking so.....

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that the #2 pick, for a variety of variables, isnt really worth as much as you originally thought? Like, if youre not going to take a qb, the #2 and #9 arent much different this year? Seems like even a Trade down wont net us that much this draft

i dunno

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Two days ago I was on the keep Sam and get a kings ransom for the 2nd pick

Then chris Simms said Wilson is the greatest prospect ever

Then Joe said the he is open to offers for Sam

Then, then, then.......there will be 100 different scenarios played out by everyone before this process is over and all I can say is don't put yourself in a box of wanting one outcome and that's it, and if Joe does not go with your choice he's made a mistake. Let the GM do his job and except what ever it is.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Anyone else starting to get the feeling that the #2 pick, for a variety of variables, isnt really worth as much as you originally thought? Like, if youre not going to take a qb, the #2 and #9 arent much different this year? Seems like even a Trade down wont net us that much this draft

i dunno

If some team feels the same about Wilson that Simms does it is very very valuable.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm on the Zach Wilson train.

Yes. But what about his awful season before this year? What about his multiple surgeries to his shoulders? What about the fact how he only looked good this year vs. lackluster opponents and opponents who will never sniff the NFL?

I like the kids playing style but I fear he has more red flags and potential question marks to the point of #2 overall being risky. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because there is no obvious answer, anyone saying otherwise is full of it. This is a very tough decision Douglas has to make and its going to define his tenure here. 

• Upvote 1

One thing that I loved about Trevor Lawrence was our draft capital and cap space in order to immediately build a dynamic offense around him. 

I love Watson. But to give away 3 first round picks + a 2nd etc? I fear he wouldn't stand a chance. How could we build around him after throwing away A++ draft capital for him? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm on the Zach Wilson train.

Still plenty of room on the Zach Wilson train*. All aboard.

*Terms and conditions apply. Anyone who said mean things about Zach on the 'Zach Wilson is a bum' thread may be refused entry. 

the-most-crowded-train.jpg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I think that's because these are all good and defensible decisions. I'd be happy anyway we go. I prefer the trade down just because of how weak our roster is.

44 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why not all of them?

45 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. But what about his awful season before this year? What about his multiple surgeries to his shoulders? What about the fact how he only looked good this year vs. lackluster opponents and opponents who will never sniff the NFL?

I like the kids playing style but I fear he has more red flags and potential question marks to the point of #2 overall being risky. 

Awful might be a bit of an overstatement.  He had an injury.  But I'm not sure it overrides his extraordinary tape from this year.

I have a torn labrum and play a sh*tload of sports, not on a pro level but I don't feel hindered.  Nobody seems too concerned about Trevor's torn labrum.  This would only be a big deal if Wilson wasn't slinging ropes and perfect spirals all year.  

• Upvote 2