why the fields hate

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

what's not to understand? both had gaudy numbers at ohio state. haskins already has proven to be a bust.....the comparison is saying fields will likely do the same since it's the system and surrounding talent that has these guys putting up these numbers and not the dominance of the player themselves

You can make that case for almost every big school QB wondering why you chose Haskins. Is it because they're both black and went to Ohio State? Or is there something similar about their games that you see? I hope so, because otherwise it's a very lazy comparison.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

You can make that case for almost every big school QB wondering why you chose Haskins. Is it because they're both black and went to Ohio State? Or is there something similar about their games that you see? I hope so, because otherwise it's a very lazy comparison.

well i didn't choose it, i was just responding to your question as to why they probably compared the 2, and i doubt it has anything to do with him being black so you can stop with race baiting bs

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He's' able to sit back in the pocket for 6 seconds a play.  The few times he had pressure he was awful

He's injury prone - look at that rib injury - sure he didn't miss games his final year but still got injured and that's what matters.

Listed as 6' 3" but I highly doubt he's that tall - I'm sure he's lying about his height.  

He wears a stupid bandana on his head all the time, looks like a girl in it

The talent on his team far outweighed any competition - comparably he beat up on a bunch of cupcakes.

images.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

So, it's just that they both went to Ohio State? That's actually worse, I think.

If you didn't choose it, then who chose your opinion for you?

ok dude, i don't get what you don't understand. you asked someone else to elaborate on their comparison. i was just responding to say this was the likely reaosn they are comparing the 2. my opinion is that haskins was a batter passer than fields, and fields obviously a much better runner. i think fields will be a bust also though. and it's not a bad reason to say that you think they will bust because they both come from ohio state.....since i don't think there's been even one good nfl qb to come from ohio state. they put up the numbers at college because of the program and the talent of the team......then come to the nfl and flop badly. 

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

ok dude, i don't get what you don't understand. you asked someone else to elaborate on their comparison. i was just responding to say this was the likely reaosn they are comparing the 2. my opinion is that haskins was a batter passer than fields, and fields obviously a much better runner. i think fields will be a bust also though. and it's not a bad reason to say that you think they will bust because they both come from ohio state.....since i don't think there's been even one good nfl qb to come from ohio state. they put up the numbers at college because of the program and the talent of the team......then come to the nfl and flop badly. 

Now THAT'S what we call elaboration!

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

this is a stupid sentiemnt. so because he didn't have the physical ability to play trhe position at a really high level that means he can't evaluate players at the position? his evaluations have mostly been uncannily accurate. 

Your opinion. 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

this is a stupid sentiemnt. so because he didn't have the physical ability to play trhe position at a really high level that means he can't evaluate players at the position? his evaluations have mostly been uncannily accurate. 

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

How did Bill Parcells and Bill Bellicheck do as players?

45 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

But here you are criticizing Chris Simms with only two years of pee wee football under your belt.

So then we all should stop giving our assessments and opinions of the NY Jets. 

Chris Simms has noting but his fathers name he wasn't all that good as an NFL QB. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Chris Simms has noting but his fathers name he wasn't all that good as an NFL QB. 

Chris Simms has proven himself to be a very good evaluator of Quarterback horseflesh. Which is what he's doing here. He's not being asked to throw a slant.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Chris Simms has proven himself to be a very good evaluator of Quarterback horseflesh. Which is what he's doing here. He's not being asked to throw a slant.

If you believe in Chris Simms thats up to you. 

Many on this board have been great talent evaluators also through the years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

IMO fields is more of a running QB than the other top QBs and isn’t as good of a passer.  And it’s not like he has the running ability of Jackson.

I think Lance might be more of a runner actually.  That's why i'm not that high on him.  Lance rushed for 1100 yards in his last full season.  Fields in the 300 -500 range.

28 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What’s funny is that all of those “points” you made can be directly attributed to Wilson, just swap out bad labrums for the chest injury.   

That was kinda the point.  To see how silly the arguments against Wilson have been.  And to simply point out that these are never attributed to Fields and only used as ammo to dislike Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

i'm confused by your stance here. you are the one who said chris simms should basically shut up wqith his qb evaluations because he wasn't a great nfl qb himself. then when we challenge that you sarcastically say no one here should be able to give their opinions then either. 

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

How did Bill Parcells and Bill Bellicheck do as players?

Parcells was a mediocre lineman and Belichick actually never played football he played p**** lacrosse lol. 

But I do totally understand where you're coming from. nobody expects Championship chess players or submarine commanders during wartime to be able to knock the piss out of people physically.

In fact the mental and coaching aspect of pro football is what intrigues me the most and I find most attractive about the sport.

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

what's not to understand? both had gaudy numbers at ohio state. haskins already has proven to be a bust.....the comparison is saying fields will likely do the same since it's the system and surrounding talent that has these guys putting up these numbers and not the dominance of the player themselves

I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt,  but this is just flat out dumb and wrong. Not sure what the hell @Gibby sees in fields that reminds him of Haskins - other than the helmet, cause I know you two aren’t ignorant enough to be referring to skin colour. 

• Upvote 1

Until they run 40's or something real, the only aspect of Zach Wilson that's better than Justin Fields is his public relations hype machine. 

he might have better film against worse comp 

he might run a faster 40 than Fields. 

Fields has signature wins against real competition, probably measures better, stronger and yes @FidelioJet taller than Wilson 

Fields is a known quantity, Wilson is the flavor of the week. 

Neither is really worth the 2 overall pick. JD probably wants to trade down and see who falls 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt,  but this is just flat out dumb and wrong. Not sure what the hell @Gibby sees in fields that reminds him of Haskins - other than the helmet, cause I know you two aren’t ignorant enough to be referring to skin colour. 

that's not a dog whistle it's the PC richards first down whistle /s 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Until they run 40's or something real, the only aspect of Zach Wilson that's better than Justin Fields is his public relations hype machine. 

he might have better film against worse comp 

he might run a faster 40 than Fields. 

Fields has signature wins against real competition, probably measures better, stronger and yes @FidelioJet taller than Wilson 

Fields is a known quantity, Wilson is the flavor of the week. 

Neither is really worth the 2 overall pick. JD probably wants to trade down and see who falls 

The debate at 2 should really be Pitts vs Sewell

D87EEF4E-DA46-44E9-A672-463282F717D4.jpeg.0acedad2cbb797e88731d5359147147a.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Never about skin color. If you were to look my number one choice this off season is for Watson- last I checked he was black too. I just don’t want to give up the farm to get him. And yes- the comparison was to a recent failure from Ohio State. We can also draw the same conclusion from Sam Darnold or any other quarterback to come out of USC not named Carson Palmer. Is the school an accurate an 100% way to judge a player? Probably not- but too bad, I did it anyway. I don’t think Justin Fields will be an elite NFL quarterback. If I’m wrong - like I was with Josh Allen. I’ll admit it.

6 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Never about skin color. If you were to look my number one choice this off season is for Watson- last I checked he was black too. I just don’t want to give up the farm to get him. And yes- the comparison was to a recent failure from Ohio State. We can also draw the same conclusion from Sam Darnold or any other quarterback to come out of USC not named Carson Palmer. Is the school an accurate an 100% way to judge a player? Probably not- but too bad, I did it anyway. I don’t think Justin Fields will be an elite NFL quarterback. If I’m wrong - like I was with Josh Allen. I’ll admit it.

There is no statistical significance to what school a QB came from. Zero correlation.  None. ...if you feel regardless that the helmet deserves trepidation, ok I guess?... 

but Haskins couldn’t be further from Fields in strengths/style to which they play the position. It’s like comparing Jimmy Garapollo to Josh Allen. Completely obtuse  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i'm confused by your stance here. you are the one who said chris simms should basically shut up wqith his qb evaluations because he wasn't a great nfl qb himself. then when we challenge that you sarcastically say no one here should be able to give their opinions then either. 

Yes Chris Simms should shut up. 

I asked you what makes any of us qualified to be judgmental of others, especially NFL quality players. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

i'm trying to figure out whats so hard to understand about why he is comparing the two. he is saying that fields is going to bust in the nfl just like the highly ranked ohio state qb he took over for, and happened to put up similar gaudy numbers, just did. and it;s really not dumb or far fetched at all since there has never been a qb from ohio state that had any success in the nfl at all. it's actually a good bet that fields will bust. he isn't great under pressure and he is really only used to throwing to very open receivers after he had a lot of time to throw the ball.  nobody made it about race except you and the other guy.......