Mark Sanchez wants Darnold off the Jets to save his life like the Saigon Airlift

You guys remember when Joey Harrington threw for 3 TDs to 1 INT with a 72% completion and a 114 rating?  Or when Kyle Boller threw 4 TDs and 0 INTs and a 112 rating?  Or when David Carr threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs for almost 400 yards and a 116 rating?
No?
Neither does anyone else.

Don’t forget about Geno’s 158.3 passer rating against Miami 20-25 (358) 3 tds.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmm I hear what you are saying but the system under Mike LeFleur is essentially the same one that Jeremy Bates ran with Darnold in his rookie year where he looked like this against Green Bay......

Should we keep Darnold.???????    Probably not!!!!

But we should not pretend like some do that Darnold has never looked good at times......

Gase was a disgrace!

Oh and my current position is to Draft Zack Wilson.....

That game for sure was his shinning moment of his three years.  That had me thinking he's the real deal.  

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

You guys remember when Joey Harrington threw for 3 TDs to 1 INT with a 72% completion and a 114 rating?  Or when Kyle Boller threw 4 TDs and 0 INTs and a 112 rating?  Or when David Carr threw 3 TDs and 0 INTs for almost 400 yards and a 116 rating?

No?

Neither does anyone else.

Hmmmmmm first Sam Darnold was not my pick for the Jets and I did NOT want him drafted by the Jets but I try and be fair.

For example, I am an Oregon fan since one of my old girl friends went to Oregon... and I think that Harrington was better than Darnold in College, but I also think like the Jets he was set up to fail in Detroit and by the time he went to Miami he was damaged goods.

Next Boller was inaccurate and was and is not better than Sam Darnold; and Boller should NOT have been drafted 19 and was probably a second round talent at best.

Again, I say I want Wilson drafted, but I am not going to say that Darnold was put in a position to succeed by the Jets and it is evident to me that the Jets lack of support has impacted his obviously poor QB play.

We have few parallel universes orbiting here:

• The Johnsons do not like to pay big second contracts to their own draft picks.  Mo Wilkerson?   Sam was going to be their big opportunity to do that.  Now?  I don't think they want to.  They are tempted by the $5mm salary next year, but they don't want to be pay the $20mm for someone who was QB32 last year. 
  • They are very attracted to big name players who were successful for other teams-Favre, Bell, Mosely, Johnson, etc.  
  • Douglas and the Johnsons don't want to give Darnold away.  They are also waiting for the Draft Previews.  If the Peanut Gallery all show Wilson and Fields going top 3-4, that will make it easier to JD to pick them.  If JD picks Wilson and Fields and otherwise drafts a good team, he is not getting fired.  The Bucs picked Winston but still built a SB team.  If JD passes on Wilson and Fields and they end up Pro Bowlish while Darnold flops, JD WILL get fired early. 
  • Maybe he picks the QB he likes best at 2, keeps Darnold without the 5th year option, and trades him mid-season or tags and trades?  That would be smart if there is no first round pick for Darnold, and saves money on the back up.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sanchez is right and he would know as much as anyone about it.

He was a poor QB and walked onto a team with a top defense, a great oline and running game a gm that went out and got better players and a bombastic coach that took pressure off him.

Swap those two QBs and the results would be the same.

Build an outstanding roster an you can compete even with a non hof QB.

Sam may be a far better QB than Mark.  Our team has been so poor, that I just cannot tell. 

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm first Sam Darnold was not my pick for the Jets and I did NOT want him drafted by the Jets but I try and be fair.

For example, I am an Oregon fan since one of my old girl friends went to Oregon... and I think that Harrington was better than Darnold in College, but I also think like the Jets he was set up to fail in Detroit and by the time he went to Miami he was damaged goods.

Next Boller was inaccurate and was and is not better than Sam Darnold; and Boller should NOT have been drafted 19 and was probably a second round talent at best.

Again, I say I want Wilson drafted, but I am not going to say that Darnold was put in a position to succeed by the Jets and it is evident to me that the Jets lack of support has impacted his obviously poor QB play.

Sam Darnold needed to be better because we used 4 high picks on him.  If he wasn't good enough to even look average w/o a ton of high end support, he shouldn't have been drafted there.

• Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

OK, what makes me laugh about this is The Chimp got egregiously overpaid when he was here. What's his point? I guess he's implying that the Jets screwed up his development in a similar way, but what he's leaving out is that Sam Darnold has more football smarts than he does.

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Sam Darnold needed to be better because we used 4 high picks on him.  If he wasn't good enough to even look average w/o a ton of high end support, he shouldn't have been drafted there.

Ummmm that is my point!  I agree with you 100%!!

You don’t reach for guys who need SIGNIFICANT development like Sanchez.  

Hence the reason I was ambivalent about Sanchez when he was drafted and soon after the Jets went to the Conference Championship Game i was saying trade him in posts because while I was happy we went to the game, I wasn’t sold on Sanchez. 

• Upvote 1