Joe Douglas should part with coveted draft capital to get Deshaun Watson

NYJ1

6 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

The situations are totally different. It's not about money.

He's going to be losing here his first two years - the team will still be awful.  Best case scenario is wildcard losses

Expectations will be sky high - the fans will be booing him, talk radio, etc..Jets fans have very little patience right now, especially for a guy making $35mm a year that took away 4 first round picks.  He's going to want out...

Honestly, I can see exactly how this plays out - and in the slight scenario if this trade happens...we're all going to be looking back at this in three years and saying - in hindsight we should have seen this coming.

I see it coming.

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I am

Here's the way it works. If you comment on someone's complexion or physical or racial traits, it's okay if they're white, it's actually encouraged. If they are not, you will be banned and a beam of electricity will be shot to your computer, killing you and hopefully, your family.

Pointing out the discrepancy will also get you banned or shunned.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's going to be losing here his first two years - the team will still be awful.  Best case scenario is wildcard losses

Expectations will be sky high - the fans will be booing him, talk radio, etc..Jets fans have very little patience right now, especially for a guy making $35mm a year that took away 4 first round picks.  He's going to want out...

Honestly, I can see exactly how this plays out - and in the slight scenario if this trade happens...we're all going to be looking back at this in three years and saying - in hindsight we should have seen this coming.

I see it coming.

I don't know. I don't have that bleak an outlook, but who can predict these things?

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not ok to speculate that Zack Wilson will be injury-prone in the pros, but it’s absolutely ok to presume Watson will set the franchise ablaze unless we win Super Bowls every year.

Very different.

People are saying he's been injured all the time with a frail body.  He missed three games, with an f-in thumb injury, in three years as a starter.  My issue isn't that people are concerned with him getting injured.  I actually share that concern.  But it has close to nothing to do with being "injury prone" He's not - and hasn't been.

On the other hand there is clear precedent for Watson setting a "franchise ablaze".

I think you will acknowledge expectations will be SKY HIGH (especially if we trade 4 firsts)) and if the Jets aren't winning and winning early there will be a fan base revolt. 

You have a guy that seems to be sensitive, how's he going to handle that?  I don't know for sure, but I can certainly infer from history.

21 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Here's the way it works. If you comment on someone's complexion or physical or racial traits, it's okay if they're white, it's actually encouraged. If they are not, you will be banned and a beam of electricity will be shot to your computer, killing you and hopefully, your family.

Pointing out the discrepancy will also get you banned or shunned.

Hmmm

25 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Not a big deal, but I come to boards like this as an escape from all the Bs going on in the real world. Seeing that Tom Shane guy calling a white QB pasty is a microcosm of society today. And he’s made several comments like that in my few weeks here. Maybe it’s. Inside joke, but as a black man I don’t find it funny 

@T0mShane was the biggest enigma I had to overcome. Irreverent to a fault and  having to see this stupid meme 30 x a day made me want to kick my dog.

rubbing hands GIF

Then I hacked the Moderator Lounge and found that this “persona” was a coping mechanism for the childhood abuse suffered in an despotic Eastern European Orthodox orphanage. He was eventually smuggled to the US aboard a Russian fishing troller and escaped a sex trafficking ring. Maxman found him begging for money outside MS G and discreetly  adopted him as the forum pet. 
Animated GIF 

Now that you know his story I’m sure you can make accommodations for him.

I can fill you in on the Ape @Integrity28 at a later date. It will bring you to tears!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@T0mShane was the biggest enigma I had to overcome. Irreverent to a fault and  having to see this stupid meme 30 x a day made me want to kick my dog.

rubbing hands GIF

Then I hacked the Moderator Lounge and found that this “persona” was a coping mechanism for the childhood abuse suffered in an despotic Eastern European Orthodox orphanage. He was eventually smuggled to the US aboard a Russian fishing troller and escaped a sex trafficking ring. Maxman found him begging for money outside MS G and discreetly  adopted him as the forum pet. 
Animated GIF 

Now that you know his story I’m sure you can make accommodations for him.

I can fill you in on the Ape @Integrity28 at a later date. It will bring you to tears!!

Wow, I’m at a loss for words.

Panthers' offer may be viewed as better by the Texans' braintrust because they are objectively idiots who will have managed to jettison their 3 best players over 2 seasons and Mccaffrey, a good player, is a shiny trinket. You cannot account for an actor who is not logical. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Panthers' offer may be viewed as better by the Texans' braintrust because they are objectively idiots who will have managed to jettison their 3 best players over 2 seasons and Mccaffrey, a good player, is a shiny trinket. You cannot account for an actor who is not logical. 

I've never met one that was.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I see it coming.

We’ve got a fortune teller here. 

what is our future if we don’t trade for Watson?

The Jets could trade for Watson and with 2 free agent signings have the best offense we’ve had since ‘98. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chad2coles said:

We’ve got a fortune teller here. 

what is our future if we don’t trade for Watson?

The Jets could trade for Watson and with 2 free agent signings have the best offense we’ve had since ‘98. 

It's not fortune telling it's entirely predictable 

Who are these two free agents that are going to turn the worst offensive roster in the NFL into a top 5 offense?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Man, if it’s going to be that rough on an established veteran, imagine how that hopeless NY meat-grinder would impact an entitled rookie moist-boy from Utah.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Man, if it’s going to be that rough on an established veteran, imagine how that hopeless NY meat-grinder would impact an entitled rookie moist-boy from Utah.

Rookies get plenty of leeway from the fans.  Darnold got plenty, in fact he's still getting support.

Where as your boy Kirk would be booed off the field if they start 0-3...

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re basically wheeling Darnold’s career out of the building in a body bag after three years, but yes sure

He's been literally the worst QB in the NFL for the past three years.  And still half this board wants to keep him.

Watson simply won't get that kind of support.  There's no grace period there...

But sure...

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's been literally the worst QB in the NFL for the past three years.  And still half this board wants to keep him.

But sure...

If Watson simply plays as he’s played since the beginning of time, he’ll be a canonical figure in NY sports immediately. If BYU Chandler Bing comes here and doesn’t perform immediately while Watson is lighting up the league as a Miami Dolphin, Joe Douglas is going to get the billboard treatment by Christmas. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If Watson simply plays as he’s played since the beginning of time, he’ll be a canonical figure in NY sports immediately. If BYU Chandler Bing comes here and doesn’t perform immediately while Watson is lighting up the league as a Miami Dolphin, Joe Douglas is going to get the billboard treatment by Christmas. 

Don't worry Tommy if he goes anywhere it will be Carolina.. And I think the Texan's are going to play hard ball with him either play or sit and don't get paid..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All because the Jet Savants didn’t want to throw in a 3rd #1 because #2 is worth three #1’s in their estimation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Miami has a more complete roster than the Jets right now.

It would depend on if we drafted a QB and how that guy did or the 17 other picks we'd have after dropping down a couple times in teh 1st round.

At least we have some someblence of cap space to pay talent accross the roster while we figure it out.

Edited by Dunnie

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Miami has a more complete roster than the Jets right now.

It would depend on if we drafted a QB and how that guy did or the 17 other picks we'd have after dropping down a couple times in teh 1st round.

At least we have some someblence of cap space to pay talent accross the roster while we figure it out.

1. We could sign two Deshaun Watsons and still have cap space.

2. It is @FidelioJet’s assertion that the Jets roster will be the worst in the league for, at least, two more years, so good luck to Zack Wilson, whose biggest life setback to date was finding out Taylor Swift wasn’t a Republican

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But sure...

Half of Jets fans support the worst QB in football, but will definitely despise a top-five QB in football is gold

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. We could sign two Deshaun Watsons and still have cap space.

2. It is @FidelioJet’s assertion that the Jets roster will be the worst in the league for, at least, two more years, so good luck to Zack Wilson, whose biggest life setback to date was finding out Taylor Swift wasn’t a Republican

See you always do political stuff and Max don't care so there are  2 different sets of rules here as they are in the real world.. :Nuts:

• Upvote 1

I don't know how anyone looks at JetBlue BYU Boy, with practically zero quality opposition and 2 shoulder surgeries, and thinks that's a viable QB option. 

Think really the only sensible options are trading for Watson or Russell Wilson. They're the finished product.  Everything else is lesser variables that don't get you anywhere. And with Watson you would be correcting the single stupidest draft decision in franchise history bar none(not even passing on Marino) taking Adams over Watson or Mahomes. Worry to me again is Houston is stupidly run; Douglas might very well make a better offer and these idiots will jump for Carolina's instead. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Watson simply plays as he’s played since the beginning of time,If BYU Chandler Bing comes here and doesn’t perform immediately while Watson is lighting up the league as a Miami Dolphin, Joe Douglas is going to get the billboard treatment by Christmas. 

If Kirk is here for 4 years and we get one playoff win - and gave up 4 first rounders to get him - somehow I highly doubt he's going to be glorified.  With his sensitive nature he'll be forcing his way out of town.