Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

This x100.   We all wish he had his "coming out party" back in september/october - but....

Some perspective, guys. Rookie WR, with a Covid phantom OTA/training camp, some unfortunately injuries (likely related) - and 8 weeks of the Darnold & Gase show...

Like cmon. 

He'll be fine, he's good at WR things. If we're lucky, he could be great. 

Hope so. I honestly don’t know what to expect. Physically, he checks off the size-speed stuff we all like to see, plus unlike a prospect like Hill who also checked off those boxes, Mims had real production at Baylor before getting drafted. 

If he’s the goods I don’t see why he has to have some gradual improvement in the 700-800 yard range. He’s a starter. He knows how to play and can catch a football with his hands. 

He’s a huge target with a huge reach and isn’t a pure body-catcher. Also if (the limited tape I’ve seen on) Wilson shows anything, it’s that he won’t stand there holding the ball waiting for his WR to get open by a full 5 yards. I do worry about attempts in too-tight of a window with Wilson, where every NFL-level DB isn’t going to s***t his pants like he’s used to. But if Mims can get just enough separation where a pass on the money is his or it’s nobody’s, and do it often enough, there’s no reason he shouldn’t be at least a 1000-yard receiver this year rather than slowly working his way up to that range.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing in common with Stephen Hill.  Real troll stuff.

I think it will depend on who is playing opposite him in the starting alignment.  Parcells once said, "you cannot compromise your prototypes".  Last year, we did just that.  Mims can play either

Posted Images

On 3/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, kmnj said:

what do you expect out of him year two ? 

His year one was pretty much stephen hill like year one but hill had 3tds while mims had none

will mims become a stud wr or will he crash and burn next to the likes of stephen hill and Lam Jones?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clearly you either don't actually watch Jets games or you're just making a lame attempt to troll people with a comparison to Stephen Hill. Either way the person who's opinion I'm least interested in is definitely yours. 

Great Post 👍

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, kmnj said:

what do you expect out of him year two ? 

His year one was pretty much stephen hill like year one but hill had 3tds while mims had none

will mims become a stud wr or will he crash and burn next to the likes of stephen hill and Lam Jones?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stephen Hill was a STIFF that played in a run oriented offense. Comparing Mims to Hill is BS and dumb. Mims showed EXCELLENT talent in a small sample size. Staying healthy and having a decent supporting cast is what will ultimately determine how good or bad Mims can be. However, based purely on what he showed on the field last season, Denzel Mims was a GREAT WR and 100 times better than that bum Hill.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mims and his up coming year will depend, in small part, on the upgrades to the oline in this month's draft. Nothing of significance apart from an impressive mullet in free agency to upgrade the protection up front, the frontline trench await reinforcements.

Whomever is back there slinging the rock may continue to miss open receivers if the Jets line remains as the third worst group of pass block/ and the third worst group of run blockers  in the NFL (ESPN Next Gen Stats, regular season 2020) . It's currently constructed as a house of cards.

If Clark develops into a starter and/or Becton stays healthy for a full season, it will help.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, QB1 said:

Lol quite the standard

has any gm in nfl history scored an A+ with your scale? 

I’m not a draft geek like some but an A & A+ should be rarified air. If Becton becomes All-Pro, Mims becomes Hopkins/Fitzgerald, Zuniga solidifies LDE for 5 productive years, Davis becomes poor mans Earl Thomas & Hall becomes Lattimore then I will grade last draft an A++
 

’95 Bucs (HOF Sapp & Brooks)
‘96 Ravens (HOF Ogden, Ray Lewis)

2007 49ers ( Willis, Staley, McDonald, Goodson)

2010 Seahawks (Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, Chancellor)

2012 Seahawks ( Bruce Irvin, Wagner, Wilson)

2014 Raiders ( Mack, Carr, Jackson)

2017 Saints ( Lattimore, Ranczyk, Williams, Kamara , Anzalone)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, kmnj said:

what do you expect out of him year two ? 

His year one was pretty much stephen hill like year one but hill had 3tds while mims had none

will mims become a stud wr or will he crash and burn next to the likes of stephen hill and Lam Jones?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Playing a complete season would be a nice change

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, kmnj said:

what do you expect out of him year two ? 

His year one was pretty much stephen hill like year one but hill had 3tds while mims had none

will mims become a stud wr or will he crash and burn next to the likes of stephen hill and Lam Jones?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don’t know; what does Chris Simms think will happen to Mims in year 2?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 3:34 PM, Warfish said:

I expect nothing, because his 2020 was so incomplete, he's given me no reason to expect anything as yet.

I think of him in 2021 as I do a 2021 Draft Pick.  He's an unknown who needs to earn his job and prove himself.

Joe Btfsplk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m not a draft geek like some but an A & A+ should be rarified air. If Becton becomes All-Pro, Mims becomes Hopkins/Fitzgerald, Zuniga solidifies LDE for 5 productive years, Davis becomes poor mans Earl Thomas & Hall becomes Lattimore then I will grade last draft an A++
 

’95 Bucs (HOF Sapp & Brooks)
‘96 Ravens (HOF Ogden, Ray Lewis)

2007 49ers ( Willis, Staley, McDonald, Goodson)

2010 Seahawks (Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, Chancellor)

2012 Seahawks ( Bruce Irvin, Wagner, Wilson)

2014 Raiders ( Mack, Carr, Jackson)

2017 Saints ( Lattimore, Ranczyk, Williams, Kamara , Anzalone)

"74 Steelers - Swann, Stallworth, Lambert  & Webster (all HOF), Shell, Grossman .....best ever

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hope so. I honestly don’t know what to expect. Physically, he checks off the size-speed stuff we all like to see, plus unlike a prospect like Hill who also checked off those boxes, Mims had real production at Baylor before getting drafted. 

If he’s the goods I don’t see why he has to have some gradual improvement in the 700-800 yard range. He’s a starter. He knows how to play and can catch a football with his hands. 

He’s a huge target with a huge reach and isn’t a pure body-catcher. Also if (the limited tape I’ve seen on) Wilson shows anything, it’s that he won’t stand there holding the ball waiting for his WR to get open by a full 5 yards. I do worry about attempts in too-tight of a window with Wilson, where every NFL-level DB isn’t going to s***t his pants like he’s used to. But if Mims can get just enough separation where a pass on the money is his or it’s nobody’s, and do it often enough, there’s no reason he shouldn’t be at least a 1000-yard receiver this year rather than slowly working his way up to that range.

It’s an interesting thing I hadn’t thought about much but Wilson tosses up a lot of jump balls regardless of separation and in college Mims didn’t separate as well as you’d expect based on his physical traits but was great in contested situations.

I think it’ll be handy to have Cole and Mims competing for the #2 role but it’s not like the #3 will get no snaps. Better depth for sure.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, Warfish said:

I expect nothing, because his 2020 was so incomplete, he's given me no reason to expect anything as yet.

I think of him in 2021 as I do a 2021 Draft Pick.  He's an unknown who needs to earn his job and prove himself.

I’d hate to be one your kids. 

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cp561 said:

This is an all time awful take, I hope you don't really believe this 

Seriously.  I’m a “QB makes the WR more than the other way around” guy, but Rice is an exception to that rule.

Rice, Randy Moss, Megatron, and a few others were capable of making mediocre or bad QBs look good. 

And Ken O was the 2nd best QB in team history.

Awful take on all fronts. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You think a comment like that is appropriate Paradis?  Talking about someone's kids?

Eye roll. It’s an expression; You’re tough to please. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You think a comment like that is appropriate Paradis?  Talking about someone's kids?

I always thought mentioning members families on this forum was off limits. 

But I have also been on the receiving end of a comment similar to this. 

I won't mention the persons name they know who they are. 

I just figured they realized they lost the discussion debate and had to relent to this type of attack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I always thought mentioning members families on this forum was off limits. 

But I have also been on the receiving end of a comment similar to this. 

I won't mention the persons name they know who they are. 

I just figured they realized they lost the discussion debate and had to relent to this type of attack. 

I hope you’re not lumping me into such company. I draw the line there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I always thought mentioning members families on this forum was off limits. 

But I have also been on the receiving end of a comment similar to this. 

I won't mention the persons name they know who they are. 

I just figured they realized they lost the discussion debate and had to relent to this type of attack. 

 

Always the message board cop.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Always the message board cop.  

No not at all just mentioning something that I too had happen to me. 

Remember I didn't mention any names. 

Do you feel guilty. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Viermoo said:

It all comes down to how the QB performs. You wouldn’t know who Jerry Rice was if Ken O’Brien was his QB.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Actually Kenny O was a pretty good QB.  His main problem was he had feet of granite.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect Mims to blossom a bit in year 2, and start making a name for himself. 

He should start being a force to be reckoned with out there by mid season IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I expect Mims to blossom a bit in year 2, and start making a name for himself. 

He should start being a force to be reckoned with out there by mid season IMO.

Agreed especially playing with a QB who will can get him the ball. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s honestly hard to grade him on last year- injuries and terrible scheme. He does have what it takes based on what he can do, height, arm length, speed. I’m still pretty optimistic.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Agreed especially playing with a QB who will can get him the ball. 

Especially no longer lining up opposite Perriman. Davis brings the possibility of being a true #1 although the jury is still out. Hoping Miles Austin can get through to him and unleash his true potential. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Jets were so poorly coached I wouldn't write anybody off based on last year. Showtime for him now though. let's see what you got!

Mims is a real football player with size, speed and skills. 

I think the new coaching staff, particularly the new trainers, will help him maximize his potential.  I am optimistic.  

I am hoping the new training staff can make a difference with Mims and Becton, particularly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen Hill's rookie year: caught 44.7% of his 47 targets for a 5.36 ypt in 11 games, accounting for 18 points (3 TDs).

Denzel Mims rookie year: caught 52.3% of his 44 targets for an 8.11 ypt in 9 games, accounting for 2 points (0 TDs, 1 2pt). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...