14 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Stephen Hill's rookie year: caught 44.7% of his 47 targets for a 5.36 ypt in 11 games, accounting for 18 points (3 TDs).

Denzel Mims rookie year: caught 52.3% of his 44 targets for an 8.11 ypt in 9 games, accounting for 2 points (0 TDs, 1 2pt). 

Mims can run routes.  Hill couldn’t run routes at all

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing in common with Stephen Hill.  Real troll stuff.

I think it will depend on who is playing opposite him in the starting alignment.  Parcells once said, "you cannot compromise your prototypes".  Last year, we did just that.  Mims can play either

Posted Images

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Mims is a real football player with size, speed and skills. 

I think the new coaching staff, particularly the new trainers, will help him maximize his potential.  I am optimistic.  

I am hoping the new training staff can make a difference with Mims and Becton, particularly.  

Agree, last year was a complete sh*tshow!

We should see marked improvement in strength and conditioning programs. 

Gates was as bad a coach as Mat Millen was a GM!

Nowhere to go but up!

• Upvote 1
On 4/18/2021 at 2:00 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

...there’s no reason he shouldn’t be at least a 1000-yard receiver this year rather than slowly working his way up to that range.

Exactly.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Mims had a nice rookie year even if his numbers didn’t show it. Here he is at the bottom of the screen beating his guy for which should be an easy 80 yard touchdown. Of course the QB doesn’t see him/pull the trigger. He will do well with a competent QB/OC 

How the **** is that an 80 yard touchdown?  The guy was bracketed by a corner trailing and the safety.  The QB was forced to roll right about when he came even with the corner.  If I'm sitting at safety I am begging for that throw.  

57 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How the **** is that an 80 yard touchdown?  The guy was bracketed by a corner trailing and the safety.  The QB was forced to roll right about when he came even with the corner.  If I'm sitting at safety I am begging for that throw.  

hater

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Guy up top scores 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe.  His safety ends up further off than the guy on the bottom (Mims 80 yard TD!).  Neither of them seems open at all until the QB is already running for it.  

I’m not spending time combing thru this thread - but I will say with my own eyes that I saw Mims beat his man and get downfield. Plenty of times. How much of that was a function of the opposition not giving af about the deep ball? I can’t say. But getting separation is not going to hold him back 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I’m not spending time combing thru this thread - but I will say with my own eyes that I saw Mims beat his man and get downfield. Plenty of times. How much of that was a function of the opposition not giving af about the deep ball? I can’t say. But getting separation is not going to hold him back 

I hope you’re right, but it stood out to me that it always seems like DBs were glued to Mims (hes good at contested catches)

11 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I hope you’re right, but it stood out to me that it always seems like DBs were glued to Mims (hes good at contested catches)

Well some of it depends on the DB’s assignment and whether they take an inside or outside shade - but I think ppl are looking for like 2-3 yards of separation, which depending on coverage, is or isn’t going to happen, outside of when a dude gets flat footed beaten and roasted. He gets 1 yard with momentum often. Qb needs to put it on his mitts. Dez Bryant worked in similar fashion. 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:19 AM, dcJet said:

Mims played stiff last year.  No explosion... no shake.

I hope it was the injuries.

Dude needs to hit the gym on leg day too.

image.png.02bbf37b757e184c894165c0f151b1f2.png

Randy Moss as a rookie.

Top Randy Moss Football Cards, Rookie Cards List, Buying Guide, Gallery

• Like 1
23 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Lol I asked the same thing, seemed like everyone was open besides the check down he threw too