Jump to content

Name your 5 most likely Jet FA signings...


Slikmojet!
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, neckdemon said:

put it this way, i've been banned at other forums because i am so used to this place that i forget that calling someone something as tame as stupid can get you banned at other places. 

I’ve been banned here for calling folks stupid. I mean, they are, but...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, varjet said:

Thuney is from Cincinnati 

The Bengals tend to be cheap with FA but Burrow got killed last year. 

He’s actually from Dayton.   Same HS as Nick Mangold.  The cities are pretty close that if he wants to be closer to home it would be pretty ideal.  That being said, I’d be more nervous if he was actually from cincy which tends to be pretty parochial and provincial and could be a greater factor for someone wanting to go home..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I'm not as frequent a poster as others, but Monte Cristo sure seems like another account operated by "Football Guy"

Just a theory. 

Back to Mormon twinks and blowjobs. 

Why would you think @football guy? I think he came to grips with all you “Neanderthal’s” Doesn’t strike me as the alternate ego type of guy. Haven’t seen him of late. Hoping he hears some war room intel concerning Darnold trade discussions, Watson trade offer or #2 QB preference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Why would you think @football guy? I think he came to grips with all you “Neanderthal’s” Doesn’t strike me as the alternate ego type of guy. Haven’t seen him of late. Hoping he hears some war room intel concerning Darnold trade discussions, Watson trade offer or #2 QB preference

There was a certain amount of similar self righteousness, not that Football Guy was wrong with some of it. 

Then again, it's an internet forum, so another self righteous poster appearing wouldn't be shocking or anything. 

Mostly I was just posting for the laffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Why would you think @football guy? I think he came to grips with all you “Neanderthal’s” Doesn’t strike me as the alternate ego type of guy. Haven’t seen him of late. Hoping he hears some war room intel concerning Darnold trade discussions, Watson trade offer or #2 QB preference

I can assure you I do not have multiple accounts @thebuzzardman lol. I'm simply not posting as much is all.

As far as responding to this thread, the 5 guys I think the Jets will sign: 

  1. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster - I want Allen Robinson but sticking with the source here. 
  2. C Corey Linsley - This one bares watching and it ultimately depends how other chips fall. 
  3. LB Matt Milano - Jets have him on their short-list. There are a few other LBs who they could go after once cuts settle. 
  4. CB K'waun Williams - Pretty sure they replace Brian Poole with KW. 
  5. CB Rasul Douglas - Jets tried to claiming him last year. Right type of player to bring in to compete for a role on the outside. 

The Jets method of targeting free agents is interesting. It's kind of need-based and they have option 1/2/3 at each position, with one player having some impact on how they deal with other positions from a budgetary standpoint. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, football guy said:

I can assure you I do not have multiple accounts @thebuzzardman lol. I'm simply not posting as much is all.

As far as responding to this thread, the 5 guys I think the Jets will sign: 

  1. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster - I want Allen Robinson but sticking with the source here. 
  2. C Corey Linsley - This one bares watching and it ultimately depends how other chips fall. 
  3. LB Matt Milano - Jets have him on their short-list. There are a few other LBs who they could go after once cuts settle. 
  4. CB K'waun Williams - Pretty sure they replace Brian Poole with KW. 
  5. CB Rasul Douglas - Jets tried to claiming him last year. Right type of player to bring in to compete for a role on the outside. 

The Jets method of targeting free agents is interesting. It's kind of need-based and they have option 1/2/3 at each position, with one player having some impact on how they deal with other positions from a budgetary standpoint. 

Thanks for the info. Not understanding the Milano love. If we're moving to a 4-3 where are you putting this guy? Mosley would be the MLB so is he going Strong or Weakside? I didn't think he possessed coverage skills. Dougals?? Meh. I'd keep Poole over Williams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks for the info. Not understanding the Milano love. If we're moving to a 4-3 where are you putting this guy? Mosley would be the MLB so is he going Strong or Weakside? I didn't think he possessed coverage skills. Dougals?? Meh. I'd keep Poole over Williams.

I think Milano is viewed as a pro whose ceiling is still high. He's capable of being a 3-down off-ball outside linebacker who can play both the Will and the Sam. Coverage skills are what are being touted most with him- some scouts believe he's among the best cover-backers in the NFL so not really sure what you're seeing vs. what they see. Personally I see a guy who doesn't necessarily make explosive plays but the defense played better when he was on the field. He struggles a little bit against the run and the injuries scare me. He and Curtis Samuel sound like they will have a huge market so for all I know the Jets will buck out, but I was told a few weeks ago he's on their radar.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I can assure you I do not have multiple accounts @thebuzzardman lol. I'm simply not posting as much is all.

As far as responding to this thread, the 5 guys I think the Jets will sign: 

  1. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster - I want Allen Robinson but sticking with the source here. 
  2. C Corey Linsley - This one bares watching and it ultimately depends how other chips fall. 
  3. LB Matt Milano - Jets have him on their short-list. There are a few other LBs who they could go after once cuts settle. 
  4. CB K'waun Williams - Pretty sure they replace Brian Poole with KW. 
  5. CB Rasul Douglas - Jets tried to claiming him last year. Right type of player to bring in to compete for a role on the outside. 

The Jets method of targeting free agents is interesting. It's kind of need-based and they have option 1/2/3 at each position, with one player having some impact on how they deal with other positions from a budgetary standpoint. 

I get that on accounts. I was just kidding around. :-)

I like this list.

Do you have any intel/sense on upcoming players who are going to be cut the Jets might have interest in? 

I know this is a noob question, and I've been watching football for years,  but is there a waiver order or they are immediately unrestricted FA's? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do the Jets cut Crowder and then sign Ju-Ju as the potentially better player, and then the cap hit is like 6 or 7 million? 

I'm wary of Steelers WRs as they seem to get inflated stats based on Ben/great system, but is Ju-Ju enough of a "slot+" or system fit to make it worth it? 

(assuming targets like Robinson aren't there)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 4:41 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Wow.. after actually reading the last few pages of this thread, all I can say is what a bunch of little bitches and cry babies! Lol Seriously!?

You do realize that other grown men can read your words while you're cat fighting on an internet forum right?

STFU and have a beer! PM each other if you need to meet up for some man love at the rest area!

Otherwise grow up...the rest of us don't want to read this kind of crap.

Thank you.  Reading these trite comments are pointless. If you = whomever - do not have an intelligent comment regarding the topic, then move on.  Also, think about your arsine comments and how foolish and childish they are.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Is this necessary? Why does it bother you so much? Do you want your dick in my mouth? Or my dick in yours?

And you'd never talk to me like this in person, so again I ask, why?

Because you looooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Zach-o-roni!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, thebuzzardman said:

There was a certain amount of similar self righteousness, not that Football Guy was wrong with some of it. 

Then again, it's an internet forum, so another self righteous poster appearing wouldn't be shocking or anything. 

Mostly I was just posting for the laffs. 

To be fair he owned his sensitive/reactionary posts. from threads past. Better left in the forum grave. Lord help me if someone dug up a few of my lowlights. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Do the Jets cut Crowder and then sign Ju-Ju as the potentially better player, and then the cap hit is like 6 or 7 million? 

There appears to be some sentiment that Crowder might be tradable, if the Jets choose to move on.  Someone suggested that Washington might (or should) be interested in a reunion, but I can't remember where I saw it.  Given his fairly high salary, I'm not sure how much he'd fetch in a trade.  If the WFT is interested, and rumor is that they might want Sam too, maybe both players for their first rounder?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster - I want Allen Robinson but sticking with the source here. 


Would let Robinson f*ck my wife if we could get him


What are your thoughts/rumors regarding if Chicago will let him hit Free Agency?

People I’ve been listening to are talking about Ryan Pace & Matt Nagy having a “git er done or else” mandate ... and if so I can’t see any way they don’t franchise Robinson

What are your thoughts about this?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...