Watson, Wilson, Fields or Jones

I'll say it ... to get away for all the biased threads. Of which i am largely responsible for contributing to.

I think we all follow the religion of the QB we latch onto. 

But I'll be the first to say Ill be happy with any of these guys depending on what we give up or where they are drafted.

Darnold ... dunno.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Any choice made right now wouldn’t be a fully informed one.  Until these guys get probed, prodded, measured and weighed you’re just going off stat lines and YouTubes. 

Say Zach shows up to his pro day at 202 lbs; Justin has some weird pre-existing heart condition; Mac measures in with 8” hands...  a lot can change. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's what my crystal ball says is going to happen.

Jets trade down from 2 to 4 with ATL who really wants Wilson after reading up him on the JN forum.  Jets get #4, #35 and a 2022 3rd round pick.

MIA takes Chase

Jets take Fields, who they wanted all along but got an extra side of bacon with their order, JD style, and avoid the optics of taking Fields over Wilson, sparing us all from Steven A. Smith ranting and spitting for an hour about how dumb they are before he remembers Wilson is the white one.

Approximately half of JN will throw themselves out of a first-story window to protest the move but without the conviction to really hurt themselves.  

The other half of JN will applaud the move as it is a classic value play and we still end up with a strong QB who is just as likely to turn out to be the best in the class as Wilson or Lawrence once the tears dry and the games start.

With the extra pick at the top of 2, the Jets are now able to get a defensive player (DE or CB) to go with the OL and WR they needed to take anyway.  

Jets go 9-7.  Fields has a very good season.  So does Wilson.  So does Sam (somewhere else).  At the end of the season, nobody cares anymore because we'll be all hopped up mad about how we shouldn't pay Quinnen with a big contract because he's a DT even though he had an All-Pro season.  

And the wheel turns... 

Extra side of bacon? I’m intrigued. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Jets go 9-7.  Fields has a very good season.  So does Wilson.  So does Sam (somewhere else).  At the end of the season, nobody cares anymore because we'll be all hopped up mad about how we shouldn't pay Quinnen with a big contract because he's a DT even though he had an All-Pro season.  

And the wheel turns

You forgot to mention the endless threads and arguments about PSL's,ticket prices, parking and concessions. 

Now the wheel turns. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

You forgot to mention the endless threads and arguments about PSL's,ticket prices, parking and concessions. 

Now the wheel turns. 

We actually had a year off from that.  I'm afraid my resistance is going to be low now.  Ugh.

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Jets trade down from 2 to 4 with ATL who really wants Wilson after reading up him on the JN forum.  Jets get #4, #35 and a 2022 3rd round pick.

MIA takes Chase

Jets take Fields, who they wanted all along but got an extra side of bacon with their order, JD style, and avoid the optics of taking Fields over Wilson, sparing us all from Steven A. Smith ranting and spitting for an hour about how dumb they are before he remembers Wilson is the white one.

Approximately half of JN will throw themselves out of a first-story window to protest the move but without the conviction to really hurt themselves.  

The other half of JN will applaud the move as it is a classic value play and we still end up with a strong QB who is just as likely to turn out to be the best in the class as Wilson or Lawrence once the tears dry and the games start.

With the extra pick at the top of 2, the Jets are now able to get a defensive player (DE or CB) to go with the OL and WR they needed to take anyway.  

And the wheel turns... 

This is all good...except they're not trading out of two.

They're taking a QB at 2.  You don't risk losing your top guy for a second round pick.  They won't have them ranked equally, they'll like one more than the other and you don't mess around with that.  It's not like Atlanta is going to tell us who they're taking.

Very few will be upset if it's Fields.  I love Wilson but if it's Fields I'll be excited to have him.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

@joewilly12 do what you will with this newly found information.

@Maxman   posted this a few days ago.........guess you missed it. 

So I was going to delete this, because laughing in the face of the LGBTQ community isn't what we are going to do here. Instead I am locking this thread and I quote your post so people have an example of what won't be tolerated here.

Also, to the guys tagging each other in posts and suggesting that the other one likes men ... 1999 called, they said it is time to let it go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Maxman   posted this a few days ago.........guess you missed it. 

So I was going to delete this, because laughing in the face of the LGBTQ community isn't what we are going to do here. Instead I am locking this thread and I quote your post so people have an example of what won't be tolerated here.

Also, to the guys tagging each other in posts and suggesting that the other one likes men ... 1999 called, they said it is time to let it go.

jeez, was just throwing the usual JN-inside joke around that most of us do from time to time when we feel like messing around with you a bit. My apologies if this was already spoken about by you @Maxman , wasn’t meaning to offend anyone, just some lighthearted play.

A GM and team has to look at these decisions in totality and projection instead of just QB vs QB or QB vs a pick number.  This in essence is the type of decision Douglas will have.

1) Deshaun Watson - QB

Pat Freiermuth - TE

Landon Dickson - C

Tylan Wallace - WR

Ardarius Washington - S

Chubba Hubbard - RB

Daelin Hayes - Edge

Thomas Graham  - CB

K.J. Britt - LB

2) & 3) Zach Wilson or Justin Fields

Rashod Bateman - WR

Najee Harris - RB

Creed Humhrey - C

Patrick Jones - Edge

Kelvin Joseph - CB

Paulson Adebo - CB

Richard Lecounte - S

Cornell Powell - WR

Brian Jameis - OT

2022 New York Jets 1st round pick

2022 Seattle 1st round pick

4) Mac Jones

Rashawn Slater - OT/OG

Jaelen Phillips - Edge

Tyson Campbell - CB

Creed Humphrey - C

Javonte Williams - RB

Paulson Adebo - CB

Sage surratt - WR

Eleron Smith - Edge

KJ. Britt - LB

2022 New York Jets 1st round pick

2022 Seattle 1st round pick

2022 Carolina 1st round pick

2022 San Francisco 1st round pick

2022 Carolina 2nd round pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I would be upset with Jones...

Any of the other three I would be excited to have.

Out of all the draft guys not named Trevor Lawrence, I like Jones. Winner where ever he's been. In fact reminds a lot of Watson; coming out of college he was badmouthed how he wasn't impressive. But all he did was win, teammates and coaches love him, looks like he can do the job. Same thing. Unlike Fields, there are no Northwestern-type games where Jones looked befuddled. 

• Upvote 1

• Ecstatic with drafting Wilson at 2.

• Very happy with drafting Fields at 2.

• Happy with keeping Sam + trading down.

• Furious keeping Sam and drafting Wilson or Fields at 2.

• Meh keeping Sam and drafting non QB at 2.

• Change my diaper trading down to 4 and somehow still draft ing Wilson or Fields.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Larz said:

Impossible to guess LaFleurs thinking obviously but it wouldn’t shock me if JD lets the problem sort itself out and gives Sam chase or smith and a center and a TE and says earn your extension 

Give Sam Kyle Pitts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

MIA takes Chase

And the wheel turns... 

I think this is brilliant and could happen, but I also think the Dolphins could be tempted to trade 3 to the Texans for Watson.   The Texans want Fields.  

For NYC, today’s NFL and Saleh’s Jets, I want Fields.   He is better and cheaper than Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think this is brilliant and could happen, but I also think the Dolphins could be tempted to trade 3 to the Texans for Watson.   The Texans want Fields.  

For NYC, today’s NFL and Saleh’s Jets, I want Fields.   He is better and cheaper than Darnold. 

I agree if we can’t work out a deal for Watson I want Fields. If we draft Wilson I won’t be upset, it’s just his lean frame concerns me. Jets would have to put him on a program to bulk up.

I'll support anyone we get but I'm leaning to Fields for a lot of reason. Played lights out against Clemson, has all the traits you want in a prospect, is a tough SOB (played with broken ribs).

Watson  of course is the best player, he is just going to eat up too any assets to get here.

I'd also include Lance in the group 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is all good...except they're not trading out of two.

They're taking a QB at 2.  You don't risk losing your top guy for a second round pick.  They won't have them ranked equally, they'll like one more than the other and you don't mess around with that.  It's not like Atlanta is going to tell us who they're taking.

Very few will be upset if it's Fields.  I love Wilson but if it's Fields I'll be excited to have him.

Not to mention Fields is a homegrown Georgia talent and it would actually surprise me if ATL DIDN'T take him at 4 or 2 via trade. 

• Upvote 1

MIA takes Chase
And the wheel turns... 

So basically it’s either Wilson or Fields, #35 and a 3rd rounder next year.

Problem is, Miami can shock us and grab Fields but more likely somebody jumps us for Fields.

JD cannot gamble on taking a QB like that if he wants to draft one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app