Watson, Wilson, Fields or Jones

On 3/6/2021 at 11:37 AM, Greenseed4 said:

Any choice made right now wouldn’t be a fully informed one.  Until these guys get probed, prodded, measured and weighed you’re just going off stat lines and YouTubes. 

Say Zach shows up to his pro day at 202 lbs; Justin has some weird pre-existing heart condition; Mac measures in with 8” hands...  a lot can change. 

This. Which is why it’s too soon to bother speculating imo

22 hours ago, Bugg said:

Out of all the draft guys not named Trevor Lawrence, I like Jones. Winner where ever he's been. In fact reminds a lot of Watson; coming out of college he was badmouthed how he wasn't impressive. But all he did was win, teammates and coaches love him, looks like he can do the job. Same thing. Unlike Fields, there are no Northwestern-type games where Jones looked befuddled. 

I would not get behind trading Sam for Mac Jones - not even a little bit. As I mentioned in several other threads - he only had 33 tight window throws the ENTIRE YEAR. That means he had the statistically easiest year of any QB in the history of modern NCAA football. You could easily have put any number of capable QBs in that situation to make wide open throws to first round draft picks. He also is not the multi dimension QB the other QBs are - and that's where the game is going.