Take it or leave it offer to the Texans

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Exactly the right approach. Even throw in a 2nd round pick if you have to, but no more. Fields will be very bit as good as Watson by the time the jets are ready to compete if not better.

I'll bet anything right now that Fields isnt as good, if not better, than Watson is right now.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Think about it from Houston’s perspective. Would you rather have Carolinas pick 8 and I guess 2 more of their 1st round picks where the odds of getting a top QB with any of those are slim to none. Or would you rather have the top prospect QB in the draft? I’d rather go with the QB

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

If they deem Wilson is the real deal they probably aren't trading for Watson.

true, but I doubt that's how they feel. 

If Mikey can call offense and the system run as it did in San Fran it won't really matter the QB as you've seen.

also he won't be here more than a year, he'll be a "hot HC candidate" next year

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I know I'm in the vast minority but there is something satisfying watching your team come together mainly through the draft get better and win the Bowl. The 1968 season and the Jan 12 Bowl win was special. Now everyone wants to buy the best players using cash or draft picks..:blink:

I want women to like me for my sense of humor

• Haha 2

Mahomes is statistically better in most ways, but one could argue that his coaching and weapons are far superior to what Watson works with.  

Personally, I would rank the QBs Mahomes - Watson - Rodgers taking age into account.  Wilson is showing cracks around the edges lately and while he's still very good, at 32 I'm not spending a lot to get him.  Rodgers probably has 5 more years of being awesome which is why I have him 3rd.  He is probably the best passer who ever played the game.  

• Upvote 1

If Wilson really has materialized as a blue chip prospect up there with Trevor, Douglas is in a great position. Either tell Houston that we’ll give you pick 2 and that’s it. Or we roll with Wilson. Houston can then trade Watson to Miami or whoever and scratch their heads on who to take at QB

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

I want women to like me for my sense of humor

Well that's at least slightly better than aspiring to be the guy they come to for a shoulder to cry on after they get ghosted by the guy they picked up at the bar last weekend.

• Haha 3

All this talk of building the team through the draft is laughable.  Joe Douglas has yet to prove he can build a team through the draft...have the Jets ever built a team through the draft?  I'm not talking about hitting on a couple of players here and there, I'm talking about building a solid team through the draft and the answer is no.  Watson doesn't have to prove a thing...and for all you stat guys, his stats speak for themselves.  If I were a betting guy and I'm not, I'm putting my money on a proven thing and not draft picks.  Jets can still build a sold team through FA and whatever draft picks we have left if you truly believe JD is this draft guru.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

With all this hype around Zach Wilson being a stud puts Douglas in a real position of power with any negotiating with Houston. Honestly, if Wilson is the real deal he’s being hyped up to be Douglas doesn’t have to offer much more than pick 2 in trade talks. It would put Houston in a tough position cause obviously they want to replace Watson with a viable QB and if all the other guys are question marks Wilson should be their main target. But the talk of giving up 3 or 4 1st round picks is a pipe dream. Douglas could say “here’s pick 2 that’s all you’re getting”. If you don’t want that have fun picking Trey Lance or whoever.

• Sympathy 1

With one of our picks being #2 and able to replace the QB position for Houston.

I’d offer:

• both 1sts this year

• one 1st next year 

• Sam Darnold (to start while rookie gets ready...or give Houston the option of trading down from #2 for a haul.)

for Watson. That’s my take it or leave it. 

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’d offer:

• both 1sts this year

• one 1st next year 

• Sam Darnold (to start while rookie gets ready...or give Houston the option of trading down from #2 for a haul.)

I doubt Darnold would be a sweetener. They're going to go QB with number two and ruin my boy.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’d offer:

• both 1sts this year

• one 1st next year 

That’s way too much. Offer them pick 2, and that’s it! If they don’t want to pick the next hot QB then it’s their loss. I’d rather roll with Wilson and all the picks 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, The Count of Monte Cristo said:

Watson might be the best QB in football. There's an argument to be made that he's better than Mahomes.

Totally agree. Just take a look at the Lombardi’s lying around in Watson’s backyard. If I had a dollar for every time this argument was remotely entertained, I’d still be broke af. 

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’d offer:

• both 1sts this year

• one 1st next year 

this is the absolute maximum.

• Upvote 1