Take it or leave it offer to the Texans

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

With all this hype around Zach Wilson being a stud puts Douglas in a real position of power with any negotiating with Houston. Honestly, if Wilson is the real deal he’s being hyped up to be Douglas doesn’t have to offer much more than pick 2 in trade talks. It would put Houston in a tough position cause obviously they want to replace Watson with a viable QB and if all the other guys are question marks Wilson should be their main target. But the talk of giving up 3 or 4 1st round picks is a pipe dream. Douglas could say “here’s pick 2 that’s all you’re getting”. If you don’t want that have fun picking Trey Lance or whoever.

I know Watson...Wilson is no Watson...lol

50 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Your being a little dense here man. I stated my opinion nothing more. Nobody knows what will happen. And injuries have plenty to do with Watson given he has two bum knees and his legs are a major part of his game.

You claim that Fields will be as good as Watson and with time better, they disagree and you have the nerve to call me dense?

And guess what, Fields could get hurt too.  Dense

48 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Ill bet $50 to charity of winner's choice that he has the third best or worse performance of the first round QBs.

Watch it, he'll call you dense like he called me for disagreeing with that dumb prediction

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

With all this hype around Zach Wilson being a stud puts Douglas in a real position of power with any negotiating with Houston. Honestly, if Wilson is the real deal he’s being hyped up to be Douglas doesn’t have to offer much more than pick 2 in trade talks. It would put Houston in a tough position cause obviously they want to replace Watson with a viable QB and if all the other guys are question marks Wilson should be their main target. But the talk of giving up 3 or 4 1st round picks is a pipe dream. Douglas could say “here’s pick 2 that’s all you’re getting”. If you don’t want that have fun picking Trey Lance or whoever.

The op is guilty of psychobabblery

This deal would never happen. The texans are not in a bad position....they trade up with another team and take fields if the jets make foolish stances

9 hours ago, HighPitch said:

The op is guilty of psychobabblery

This deal would never happen. The texans are not in a bad position....they trade up with another team and take fields if the jets make foolish stances

How many touchdowns did the A’s make?

4 hours ago, MykePM said:

Someone call an ambulance!

tenor.gif?itemid=15010708

Being a Jets fan for over 40 years I’ve seen this organization in the past time after time choose the wrong QB in the draft while passing up on other QB’s that go on to have great careers. When you have a chance to get a top 5 QB, (arguably top 3) you get him. We have the draft capital and cap space to do it. That #2 pick is the wildcard in all this. The Texans could take the QB of their choosing or trade it down for a haul of picks. It’s really a no brainer. Of course the Texans would want more but that’s what negotiating is for. I suspect a trade will happen on draft night if not within a week of the draft. if it’s not the Jets then somebody else. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Lol, that’s a really bad argument.

But he's the COUNT... Didn't you know he is the GM of one of the NFL's 31 other football teams.... He's just not telling us which one lmao...

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I hope we get to see him do that as a td cele dance in green. As long as we don’t give up too much for him 

W T F - you do realize he is doing a wild west rodeo dance right .. ala Texans ?

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Being a Jets fan for over 40 years I’ve seen this organization in the past time after time choose the wrong QB in the draft while passing up on other QB’s that go on to have great careers. When you have a chance to get a top 5 QB, (arguably top 3) you get him. We have the draft capital and cap space to do it. That #2 pick is the wildcard in all this. The Texans could take the QB of their choosing or trade it down for a haul of picks. It’s really a no brainer. Of course the Texans would want more but that’s what negotiating is for. I suspect a trade will happen on draft night if not within a week of the draft. if it’s not the Jets then somebody else. 

We are not getting Watson ... you do realize we have a more depleted roster than the Texans right ? I mean .. its pretty obvious.

Edited by Dunnie