Here we go.......Mike Lombardi Reports the 49ers are Targeting Sam Darnold!!!

Well the fat lady maybe beginning to sing my friends

It is being reported that Sam may finally have a real suitor.............

https://sportsnaut.com/san-francisco-49ers-sam-darnold-due-diligence-qbs/

Michael Lombardi of The Athletic reported what he’s been hearing out of San Francisco regarding the team doing its “due diligence” for a QB, and how it pertains to Darnold and Garoppolo:

The 49ers are interested in adding a quarterback […] Would they have an interest in Jets quarterback Sam Darnold? Yes, for sure. Why? Because Darnold fits the profile that Shanahan loves at the position: athletic, can throw moving to his left or right, and has the arm strength to make the defense defend every blade of grass on the field.

In a way this makes sense, JD has never consigned a player to the scrap heap but always it seems to have put the former Jet in great places for them to succeed..

In JD I TRUST!!1

Let's Go Jets!!! :) 

• Upvote 3

If we are trading sam it has to be anyone but the 49ers! If he turns out to be successful and ends up with a ring while we are still trying to embed wilson within virtually the same offensive system it makes Joe and the jets look like idiots.

If jimmy G can get to a superbowl with the 49ers, Sam would win a championship with them no problem.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

They don't. They could well be trying to find out how much Douglas wants for Darnold so they can value Garropolo at the right market rate.

garropolo has zero market value on his current contract, the 49ers can release him with minimum cap hit. Never mind the fact that jimmy is a very average QB in a system that fits him and makes him look a decent player. He is an injury prone player that kyle took all responsibility off following the vikings playoff game because kyle realized he was not good enough. Contrary to most jets fans believes Sam is a much much better QB than Jimmy G.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we are running a Shanahan offense.

And if the Shanahan's believe Sam Darnold is a perfect quarterback for it.

Then we are keeping Sam Darnold.

SAR I

Do you think Shanahan would pick Wilson if he had the chance?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Well it's quite simple in my view.  Or I guess I would say I don't understand how the point I'm about to present is lost on so many.

Kyle Shannahan has built enough equity to withstand being wrong about Darnold.  Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and Mike LaFleur have not, and that's not even considering betting in Darnold and passing on a QB at 2.  It would be a different discussion if the Jets were drafting 12th.

This is a good point.... but so is the counter point about 9ers wanting him makes sense for the Jets to keep him. I really have no idea what is gonna happe 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So Frisco likes our guy and our coaches came from frisco and that shanahan tree.  Does not really make sense to me.

Sam’s a FA in 22 unless 5th yr. applied at a greater price tag than he’s worth  I think $25 mil. Big gamble either way. If he works out in SF he’s a SoCal kid & would e-sign in a minute. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wit said:

In a perfect world yes, but the Jets have so many holes they may pass and trade down. 

The 49ers are who the jets have based themselves on with regards building for the future. The 49ers went from a 4 win team to the superbowl with the addition of Bosa, ford, sherman and jimmy G. If the jets keep Darnold trade back and aquire as much draft capital along with free agency we can be a superbowl contender with in 2 years. Crazy as that sounds I really believe it. 

It will take a player like Zack wilson at least 2 years to get acclimatized to the nfl and be able to read nfl blitz.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Darnold fits the profile that Shanahan loves at the position: athletic, can throw moving to his left or right, and has the arm strength to make the defense defend every blade of grass on the field.

lol, wut? Shanahan clearly hasn't watched any tape on Darnold. Dude can't throw to his left or his right with either of his left or right. Arm strength is on par with a piece of ziti sitting in boiling water for 10 minutes too long. Defenses only sweat whether they return the pick to the house or not. "Athletic". LOL. He has a nice run every once in a while and usually its lumbering. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3