Here we go.......Mike Lombardi Reports the 49ers are Targeting Sam Darnold!!!

3 minutes ago, Adobolo said:

The 49ers are who the jets have based themselves on with regards building for the future. The 49ers went from a 4 win team to the superbowl with the addition of Bosa, ford, sherman and jimmy G. If the jets keep Darnold trade back and aquire as much draft capital along with free agency we can be a superbowl contender with in 2 years. Crazy as that sounds I really believe it. 

It will take a player like Zack wilson at least 2 years to get acclimatized to the nfl and be able to read nfl blitz.

Darnold is the worst starting QB in the league. No amount of talent around him is taking him to the Super Bowl unless he gets a job moonlighting at the concession stand. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we are running a Shanahan offense. And if the Shanahan's believe Sam Darnold is a perfect quarterback for it. Then we are keeping Sam Darnold. SAR I

I don’t know how this is lost on so many people here.

Way to get my hopes up, you blockhead.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Adobolo said:

And then tell me why every day of the week there is a so called expert on ESPN, the NFL Network, NBC Sports ect standing up for Sam and saying that in the Shannon system surrounded by better talent he will succeed? Personally I don't remember any faith shown to a failed 1st round qb by the "experts" as has been shown to sam, there must be a reason to it.

Because they're just talking. He has shown nothing to deserve such praise. He will never live up to the hype he had coming out of USC. I doubt he is even in the league by the time he is 28 years old. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, pointman said:

Because they're just talking. He has shown nothing to deserve such praise. He will never live up to the hype he had coming out of USC. I doubt he is even in the league by the time he is 28 years old. 

I can't predict the future, I can't predict that sam is going to turn it around the same way no one in their sane mind would have predicted Zack wilson could be the second overall pick in the draft after his 2019 season. What I can say is I have my believes and I feel sam will turn it around with all the additional benefits of superior coaching and hopefully tools he will receive this off-season. Perhaps and most likely I will never get the opportunity to he proven right but I don't want the jets to make a massive mistake and trade him to the 49ers where I know he will be successful.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Adobolo said:

And then tell me why every day of the week there is a so called expert on ESPN, the NFL Network, NBC Sports ect standing up for Sam and saying that in the Shannon system surrounded by better talent he will succeed? Personally I don't remember any faith shown to a failed 1st round qb by the "experts" as has been shown to sam, there must be a reason to it.

Because, one, they're not experts; two, Darnold is a nice guy and the living embodiment of Buzz Lightyear who can do no wrong in the eyes of some; and, three, it's easy to say "roll with Darnold" when all you want to do is drum up hits and viewers and you have nothing on the line if he fails again, which he certainly will. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Jets receive Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers 12th pick for Sam Darnold and Ashtyn Davis. The 49ers were leaning towards cutting Garoppolo, but that all changed after Lynch took the call from Joe Douglas. The 49ers free up much needed cap space, and get Darnold whom they value much higher than any quarterbacks they'd be able to attain with the 12th pick.

Jets are now armed with the 2nd, 12th, and 23rd picks in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets receive Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers 12th pick for Sam Darnold and Ashtyn Davis. The 49ers were leaning towards cutting Garoppolo, but that all changed after Lynch took the call from Joe Douglas. The 49ers free up much needed cap space, and get Darnold whom they value much higher than any quarterbacks they'd be able to attain with the 12th pick.

Jets are now armed with the 2nd, 12th, and 23rd picks in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft.

49ers can just cut Garoppolo and save $22 m. We’d be better signing him to a reduced FA contract around $15 m on a prove it deal if Watson falls through 

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Interesting that you say that, considering he, along with Tony Pauline, were the first to divulge that Maccagnan was about to be fired.

It’s because he isn’t saying Sam is staying, anyone who states that Sam is leaving isn’t credible to the Darnolds 

57 minutes ago, pointman said:

lol, wut? Shanahan clearly hasn't watched any tape on Darnold. Dude can't throw to his left or his right with either of his left or right. Arm strength is on par with a piece of ziti sitting in boiling water for 10 minutes too long. Defenses only sweat whether they return the pick to the house or not. "Athletic". LOL. He has a nice run every once in a while and usually its lumbering. 

Hmmmmmm here is someone who agrees with you! :) 

1 hour ago, Adobolo said:

Hmmmmmmm maybe this...

image.gif

I actually up voted your post but I couldn’t resist!! :)  

1 hour ago, Adobolo said:

Because “expert” in this context is a meaningless term? 

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Adobolo said:

I can't predict the future, I can't predict that sam is going to turn it around the same way no one in their sane mind would have predicted Zack wilson could be the second overall pick in the draft after his 2019 season. What I can say is I have my believes and I feel sam will turn it around with all the additional benefits of superior coaching and hopefully tools he will receive this off-season. Perhaps and most likely I will never get the opportunity to he proven right but I don't want the jets to make a massive mistake and trade him to the 49ers where I know he will be successful.

Anything is possible.  Possible does not mean likely or probable.  If I have to give odds I'd say the chances of Sam turning it around are in the neighborhood of 20%. 

I think any other move we make at QB has a better than 20% chance to succeed.   

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Sorry to spoil yet another thread where everybody convinces themselves that surrounding the worst quarterback in the league with good coaching and better weapons will totally work this time, but Lombardi doesn’t actually say the 49ers are targeting Darnold. He doesn’t really do anything other than idly speculate that the 49ers may have interest. This is no different than when First Take brings on Marcus Spears to give his Jimmy John’s Freaky Fast Friday Five: Top Landing Spots For Sam Darnold

1*BkCrvdcFGk1Vr0gSdG-MGQ.png

2 hours ago, Adobolo said:

Wilson is a kid. His growth yearly is massive. Sam Darnold has been in the league 3 years and has done nothing to deserve any sort of belief he will become elite. He doesn't even show the ability to be serviceable at this point. You're not watching each and every Sunday if he has displayed something to you to make you think he will "turn it around". He will never be a QB in the NFL that can lead a team to a Super Bowl win. Never. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Well the fat lady maybe beginning to sing my friends

It is being reported that Sam may finally have a real suitor.............

https://sportsnaut.com/san-francisco-49ers-sam-darnold-due-diligence-qbs/

Michael Lombardi of The Athletic reported what he’s been hearing out of San Francisco regarding the team doing its “due diligence” for a QB, and how it pertains to Darnold and Garoppolo:

The 49ers are interested in adding a quarterback […] Would they have an interest in Jets quarterback Sam Darnold? Yes, for sure. Why? Because Darnold fits the profile that Shanahan loves at the position: athletic, can throw moving to his left or right, and has the arm strength to make the defense defend every blade of grass on the field.

In a way this makes sense, JD has never consigned a player to the scrap heap but always it seems to have put the former Jet in great places for them to succeed..

In JD I TRUST!!1

Let's Go Jets!!! :) 

Wouldn't that mean our new offense would be perfect for darnold too? Yup

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, pointman said:

Wilson is a kid. His growth yearly is massive. Sam Darnold has been in the league 3 years and has done nothing to deserve any sort of belief he will become elite. He doesn't even show the ability to be serviceable at this point. You're not watching each and every Sunday if he has displayed something to you to make you think he will "turn it around". He will never be a QB in the NFL that can lead a team to a Super Bowl win. Never. 

This is simply not true, you saw the same terrible game plans that I did, the never open pass catchers, the bland predictable plays and an offense running through gore, but despite it all he did make plays, made throws and showed talent. It get over shadowed by everything else but you can't just pretend it didnt happen. Our current FO and HC doesn't. it's so strange to read comment like yours, you act like Gase wasn't the reason for the terrible games. Hint it was.

Now Sam might not be the next namath, but we don't really know what Sam is. If mahomes played here, he would be just like sam and you would be wanting us to get a second rounder for him, then he would go to another team that actually has nfl talent and he would be great. Sam is the same if he leaves here it would be the same old jets crap all over. We would have let our Qb of the future leave because of our own incompetence.

This will not happen, I do not think Joe or saleh are incompetent.

Sam will shine next year just watch.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Darnold is getting traded, the more the merrier. Drive that price up baby.

Im thinking a nice juicy 2nd rounder 😋 

Include Jimmy G in the deal

He’s better than any non-Trevor qb in this draft

3 hours ago, Snell41 said:

This sounds like Saleh calling his old buddies and calling in a favor that they feign interest in Sam to try and drum up some bites on the hook.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Saleh and his assistants have familiarity with Jimmy G and he already knows the playbook

A change of scenery would benefit both Sam and Jimmy G

47 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t want him. I just think that’s what they were implying.

If Lefleur thinks Mullens/Beathard can operate successfully going year 1 in the system change, then I go that route and trade Darnold, &  #2 and build the core of the team while getting additional draft capital this year and next. If DWthere for the taking-next year, that’s my big play.

Edited by 32EBoozer
Forgot Darnold
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Lefleur thinks Mullens/Beathard can operate successfully going year 1 in the system change, then I go that route and trade #2 and build the core of the team while getting additional draft capital this year and next. If DWthere for the taking-next year, that’s my big play.

If something like that ever happened, that our coaches have determined that either of those guys, who were both like 4,5,6th rd picks, are preferable to Sam, then considering the draft capital Macc surrender to get him, Darnold is the worst draft pick in the history of this team.

16 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Lefleur thinks Mullens/Beathard can operate successfully going year 1 in the system change, then I go that route and trade Darnold, &  #2 and build the core of the team while getting additional draft capital this year and next. If DWthere for the taking-next year, that’s my big play.

I’ll do you one better. Go that route, and trade down twice, which I think is very possible.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, section314 said:

If something like that ever happened, that our coaches have determined that either of those guys, who were both like 4,5,6th rd picks, are preferable to Sam, then considering the draft capital Macc surrender to get him, Darnold is the worst draft pick in the history of this team.

Depending on what we get back for Darnold it could even out some. If it helps land DW (doubtful) then it’s even less of a hit

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, SAR I said:

If we are running a Shanahan offense.

And if the Shanahan's believe Sam Darnold is a perfect quarterback for it.

Then we are keeping Sam Darnold.

SAR I

that's what i'm seeing. not that it matters.  it's the same thing when some of the draft gurus are pairing wilson with the jets and jones with the niners.  i don't think the niners are going to use the nine pick on a guy they won't be able to use (and more than likely supplant garapollo).  and if this is a case then it will open up the opportunity to trade back a few picks and still pick a guy who can play the system.

as for keeping darnold, if the jets are seeing the same things then why not?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t want him. I just think that’s what they were implying.

I understand what you were saying. There is no way JD is hooking his wagon to a marginally talented, oft-injuried QB when he already has IMO a more physically gifted, younger version of the same player for cheaper. Plus because he didn't draft Darnold, if he runs it back with Sam for one more year he still hasn't made "his" ultimate QB decision. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t know how this is lost on so many people here.

If this rumor is true, which i don’t believe it is, you are correct, if shanahan likes him, you would think his disciples running the jets offense would

12 hours ago, pointman said:

lol, wut? Shanahan clearly hasn't watched any tape on Darnold. Dude can't throw to his left or his right with either of his left or right. Arm strength is on par with a piece of ziti sitting in boiling water for 10 minutes too long. Defenses only sweat whether they return the pick to the house or not. "Athletic". LOL. He has a nice run every once in a while and usually its lumbering. 

Badpointman

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Lombardi is about as tapped in as Jason La Canfora...

With that said...Darnold and #23 for #12?

Yes

It’s become increasingly clear to me that the Jets are moving on from Sam and Watson is essentially a pipe dream.

So Wilson and someone like Slater, Pitts, Waddle or D. Smith in the 1st round?

Then take the best available EDGE/WR/OL/CB at #34?

Not too shabby

As someone who supports Sam and still thinks he can be good, I would do this trade pretty quickly. #12 pick instead of 23 would be huge. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

As someone who supports Sam and still thinks he can be good, I would do this trade pretty quickly. #12 pick instead of 23 would be huge. 

Your going to trade a 23 year old QB to a team that would start him, to move up 11 spots in the draft, for an unproven WR, or a offensive lineman. That's a fireable offense.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, SAR I said:

If we are running a Shanahan offense.

And if the Shanahan's believe Sam Darnold is a perfect quarterback for it.

Then we are keeping Sam Darnold.

SAR I

The 49ers don't have the 2nd pick.  That's why.  If they did they would be taking Wilson and not trading for Sam.

• Upvote 2