Jets fans can’t stomach any risks

Wit

I want zack Wilson to be a stud. I really do. I also know if we trade down and trade Sam JD will pick sturdy O line and can’t miss offensive weapons that will mean less early round busts. 

We can sign Teddy and pick a QB in a year or two.

if Deshaun is available and we don’t have to give up too much so be it. 

JD can’t afford to swing and miss badly here. Trade down and trade Sam  or trade for the sure thing in Watson.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 4

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Teddy is still with the Panthers so if we trade down and trade Darnold who is our QB?

He can be had cheap. So can tyrod Taylor. Next year is not going to be playoffs guys. They just need to show improvement. If deshaun sits out a year then I feel even more strongly that they wait another year. 

• Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I think there's only one thing Jets fans can't stomach. Seeing Darnold throw more jaw-dropping INT's in a Jets uniform. 

I GURANTEE if the Jets roll with Darnold, pass on a QB at #2 (take someone or trade down) and Darnold falls flat on his face. EVEN IF THEY SIGN A COMPETENT VET BACKUP. Jet fans will be pulling the hair out of their heads because we will be going into the 2022 draft with a lot of draft capital but no FQB QB, out of reach to draft one, picking 15th or 16th (an 8-8 team having improved on the strength of JDs investments in FA and the draft as well as MUCH better coaching).    

Just take a d**n QB at #2 or trade for Watson. Get the most you can for Darnold and move on. 

giphy (63).gif

1 hour ago, Wit said:

I want zack Wilson to be a stud. I really do. I also know if we trade down and trade Sam JD will pick sturdy O line and can’t miss offensive weapons that will mean less early round busts. 

JD can’t afford to swing and miss badly here. Trade down and trade Sam  or trade for the sure thing in Watson.

I got a stomach ache reading this. :chas:

What fans don’t seem to realize is sticking with Darnold and trading down is the riskier play. The best case scenario would be for Darnold to play well and the Jets using the #2 overall pick to build around him. However if he doesn’t turn it around next year the Jets could be in a rough position-looking for a QB and not in position to draft one. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Nothing more valuable then Zack Wilson  aside from Lawrence right now.

Wilson and our 1st next year for Watson. Longer this goes out the clearer this becomes for the Texans. 

Watson should be our only option right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

All good points. Now we wait and hope Joe Douglas reads this. 

1 hour ago, Wit said:

How about just trade down and roll with sam one more year?

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How about just trade down and roll with sam one more year?

Because if he becomes marginally better we will sign him to an extension and be mired in mediocrity for another few years. I think it’s time to move on. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wit said:

Teddy Bridgewater showed he is a competent backup. Nothing more. He is not the centerpiece of a rebuild plan. Your topic led me to believe you would propose something bold but instead you post the most risk adverse plan I have seen. Strive to be mediocrre.

11 hours ago, Wit said:

So you dont think that signing Teddy, having him blow out his knee again, having Watson get traded to Miami and then watching Wilson become the best QB from this years draft isnt a swing and a miss because we have weapons and no QB?

Oh we can always have that QB in a year or two, because there are always QBs to draft available with your pick 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, genot said:

I think that was right after they talked about him sitting on the dog. Funny stuff 

Absolutely- Tony was a big animal lover. Remember Melfi saying he mourned more for pets than he did people.

At this point idc if Zach ends up poop.  I KNOW Darnold is poop on the field and soon to be expensive poop if we keep him. Because of that, I think the Jets have to go rookie QB in the draft.  Will it be Wilson? That I'm not sure.  There is a non- zero percent chance it's another QB that wows them.  The cap dollars saved and the potential to move on in the future just in case Wilson busts, is why you move from Sam.  Great guy, but just needs a breath of fresh air in the form a new team.  Let's see what JD is made of.  Looking forward to all the fireworks!