So Seattle is releasing their best pass rusher...

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Carlos Dunlap.

Seahawks defense was epically awful last year until he arrived, had 5 sacks in 8 games and improved things a lot.

Guess they need the money for something else.

I heard Jamaal was upset he was losing pass rush attempts after they signed him, it’s all he’s got.

8 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

There's going to be a lot of talent available in free agency.  Douglas has a chance to turn this team around quickly if he uses his cap space to sign the right guys.

yes and jets have lots of money-he best not mess this up-his draft -one player was a solid contributor and none of his free agents last year were worth anything including perriman

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

yes and jets have lots of money-he best not mess this up-his draft -one player was a solid contributor and none of his free agents last year were worth anything including perriman

You can't judge a draft based on the first year.  I think there's a chance every pick other than Morgan makes big contributions next year.  His free agent signings weren't great, but if his focus was keeping cap flexibility for this offseason, that shouldn't be indicative of what he'll do this offseason.

But I agree that this offseason will decide whether or not the Jets are competing for a title in the next 3-5 years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

for those expecting the Jets to be decent on defense next year, not only do they lack an edge rusher, they need starting SLB and WLB as well. 

it's like half a defense atm 

and corners.

Maybe a 2nd safety

• Upvote 1