Zach Wilson earned a 95.5 passing grade in 2020.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

According to Bitonti though he is below aveage in everything so I guess he just played against scarecrows dressed as football players. Could not possibly be that he had the best rating because of elite skills. Just not possible. He's small. Mormon. Baby faced. Injury prone. Weak armed. Mormon again for his 2nd prom date. Not a Captain. (see pic) Played scarecrows. Weak armed. Bad footwork. Had the worst game of the college season again Coastal Carolina Terrible against elite teams.  Trust fund baby that will leave football. Stays too long in pocket. Only throws to open receivers. Sucks against pressure. Punchable face. Mormon.

Think that covers most of the upcoming Wilson hate drivel.

If Sam did that we wouldn't be having these type of conversations.?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The 3 guys I tend to really note their opinion on QBs are Simms, Greg Cossell and Jermiah

Simms evaluations have been exceedingly accurate. Almost scary accurate. He loves Wilson. Had serious concerns about Darnold.

Cossell really likes Wilson. Says he has elite traits. Says not all teams draft on traits want skills. Hated Darnold

Jeremiah Most tuned in to actual GM opinions. Close friends with JD. Has Wilson as #2 QB 4th overall. Did like Sam though

Jeremiah said on Peter Kings podcast that not every GM he talks to likes Wilson and he did say on his last mock draft that he expects wilson to go number 2 but not sure if it will be the jets.

For the Jets fans that want to draft Zach Wilson #2, what are you expecting from him as a starting QB?  What NFL QB would you compare his talent and career path to?  I don't pretend to be able to project college QBs in the NFL, and I know respected guys like Simms love what they see in him, but at the end of the day, I don't see why Wilson, or any college QB, has much more than a 50% chance to be a franchise QB.

59 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Hmmm, I wonder who those guys had as wide receivers? Mac Jones numbers are a mirage - wide open guys all season long. He literally didn't have to force one throw the entire year if he didn't want to. Could have just thrown it out of bounds and the next play would go for a big gain. 

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

His comparable is Rodgers. Not saying he will be as good as him but he plays like him. Extreme accuracy super fast release comfortable and accurate from almost any throwing angle. I truly believe he will be elite at the next level.

exactly this - very accurate from different arm angles, strong arm, very good long ball, but most importantly makes quick decisions and gets that ball out fast.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

According to Bitonti though he is below aveage in everything so I guess he just played against scarecrows dressed as football players. Could not possibly be that he had the best rating because of elite skills. Just not possible. He's small. Mormon. Baby faced. Injury prone. Weak armed. Mormon again for his 2nd prom date. Not a Captain. (see pic) Played scarecrows. Weak armed. Bad footwork. Had the worst game of the college season again Coastal Carolina Terrible against elite teams.  Trust fund baby that will leave football. Stays too long in pocket. Only throws to open receivers. Sucks against pressure. Punchable face. Mormon.

Think that covers most of the upcoming Wilson hate drivel.

Ahhh dude, what about...you know...the headband?

Bit has pointed that out several times.  He's got a point.  

Not sure what it is though.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What about QBase?  I thought that was one of the better QB predictive analysis schemes?

Is that available for these 2021 rookie QBs yet?

I could be wrong but without the combine there may be no official QBase numbers at all this year. Also after an entire season of football not having the combine because of Covid was just dumb.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Ahhh dude, what about...you know...the headband?

Bit has pointed that out several times.  He's got a point.  

Not sure what it is though.

Bit has preached that Lawrence isnt going to amount to much, no one should tank for him

Fields?  No good either.

We know about Wilson.

Sewel?  The greatest OL in the past 30 years.  Should go 2nd, not some stupid QB

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

The 3 guys I tend to really note their opinion on QBs are Simms, Greg Cossell and Jermiah

Simms evaluations have been exceedingly accurate. Almost scary accurate. He loves Wilson. Had serious concerns about Darnold.

Cossell really likes Wilson. Says he has elite traits. Says not all teams draft on traits want skills. Hated Darnold

Jeremiah Most tuned in to actual GM opinions. Close friends with JD. Has Wilson as #2 QB 4th overall. Did like Sam though

Simms also said that Darnold can be a very good QB in this system with some help....although also said that Wilson should make the Jets move on from Darnold.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Baker's been a pretty good QB.

He has as many playoff wins as Deshaun Watson.

Baker for me falls into the Darnold category. He was put in a position to succeed this year and did. I do not see him as a player who can carry the team or anything like that. So anyways, highest grade EVER for a QB...is too much for Baker....I’d say he is a top 15 QB on a stacked team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Adobolo said:

Jeremiah said on Peter Kings podcast that not every GM he talks to likes Wilson and he did say on his last mock draft that he expects wilson to go number 2 but not sure if it will be the jets.

Oh. That changes things a bit. So he thinks the Jets will trade the pick? Lines up with what our insiders have been saying since December.

26 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Simms also said that Darnold can be a very good QB in this system with some help....although also said that Wilson should make the Jets move on from Darnold.

It is the "best fit" offense for Sam but I just feel that ship has sailed. Would it completely shock me if they rolled with him? Not completely but mostly.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It is the "best fit" offense for Sam but I just feel that ship has sailed. Would it completely shock me if they rolled with him? Not completely but mostly.

I think that’s a fair sentiment. I still hope the Jets are playing things up because they want to drum up the market for the second pick. But neither outcome would shock me. Like all of us...I just hope whatever we do works out for us lol getting too old to lose every year.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

I think that’s a fair sentiment. I still hope the Jets are playing things up because they want to drum up the market for the second pick. But neither outcome would shock me. Like all of us...I just hope whatever we do works out for us lol getting too old to lose every year.

I have a fixation with Wilson, BUT if I am completely objective it STILL seems to make the most sense for the Jets to take Wilson (or Fields) at 2 if they grade that way. QB under rookie contract is very valuable. New coach new OC probably WANT a guy to groom and build the offense around and it also reduces the pressure on them in first 2 years. Sam still have value and we could possibly get as high as a lower first or use him for a pick swap with someone like Carolina or SF. (They get Sam but still have a pick in first round)

Now if say the Jets grade Jones equal to Fields and Wilson maybe they trade down and try to get him and a few additional picks. In the end though I think we are going QB round 1.

The complete wildcard is the evaluation of Morgan. If they think he is decent  in a Mullens sort of way maybe they trade down and just get as many players as possible and trade Sam too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, chad2coles said:

For the Jets fans that want to draft Zach Wilson #2, what are you expecting from him as a starting QB?  What NFL QB would you compare his talent and career path to?  I don't pretend to be able to project college QBs in the NFL, and I know respected guys like Simms love what they see in him, but at the end of the day, I don't see why Wilson, or any college QB, has much more than a 50% chance to be a franchise QB.

People who know more than I do are saying Rogers and Mahomes.  Might be a bit optimistic but I thought I would relay it.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I could be wrong but without the combine there may be no official QBase numbers at all this year. Also after an entire season of football not having the combine because of Covid was just dumb.

Qbase doesn't rely on combine. It takes actual stats from the season for the QB's the scouts rank in the first 2 or 3 rounds in terms of grading. Or atleast it did, been awhile since I've been on top of this but I don't believe combine matters at all, it's just not out yet, it usually lands in early april i think