Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

46 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Ok, ok so everyone is a loose-lipped Miller.

That means the cop is useless, which should have been apparent from the second and third paragraphs which state that this is a town of unsavory folk, not unlike myself. 

Everyone? Hmmmm, interesting choice of words. 

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:
Credit for the inspiration for this game. Listen to for awesomeness and atmosphere:

Incredible opening. Reminds me of the old mafia games where we all sorta tried to one-up each other on creativity.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

So we've got at least 7 Miller claims so far:

• CTM
  • jvill
  • Crusher
  • JC
  • JiF
  • Ape

Not sure if Greenseed was claiming Miller here:

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Ok, ok so everyone is a loose-lipped Miller.

That means the cop is useless, which should have been apparent from the second and third paragraphs which state that this is a town of unsavory folk, not unlike myself. 

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

No tourists, nor missionaries, nor traders ever come -- well, no legal traders, that is.

Drakken Cove's isolation is it's only value, as it allows the numerous pirates, thieves, and black-marketers to count, collect, stash, peddle, and offload their ill-gotten gains at its port.

They are not the only damned souls you'll find that stalk the streets of Drakken Cove; murderers, gangsters, rapists, and delinquents -- civilized society's most wanted, or unwanted.

Here you may stumble upon hit-men, con-men, or those fleeing hit-men. You'll find drug users, abusers, liars, and cheaters -- the dregs of society.

There is one man who stands above the rest -- one who once would be considered an honest, and honorable man in any society. Constable Tiggins.

But, whenever a conflict arises between two rival crews that threatens the perilous peace -- or as close to it as you'll find here -- that they have, far removed

fine beaver pelts.

"W-What? Nobody cares about your jackass! Now get out of here!" The constable shoos away the pudgy man.

"Yes, I agree, although it seems like I do more corpse handling than I do saving lives."

Okay, my theories:

1. Traders, could be a game of item exchange rather than definitive roles

2. This is supported by the myriad ways of death (murderers) and influence (drugs)

3. honesty being emphasized here combined with all the millers to me = lie detection - maybe lie detection as an object, 1-timer or maybe a dedicated lie detector I dunno

4. 2 rival crews, but it sounds like constibke works between them - could be multi faction 

5. beaver pelts are spoots homage to himself 

6. Jackass and pudgy man is an homage to pac and crusher 

7. doc may not protect, might actually give coroner reports in death scenes - I forget all the ways that can work 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m also a Miller.
CTM is ******* obsessed with me. 

I’ve got a couple theories about the opening scene - but if I delve into them are folks going to crap themselves and call me scum?

Yep, they will. So... what you waiting for? 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn't like the way Barry responded to the initial reveal by CTM, and he hasn't been around ever since.  Not a good look, Barry.  I like my vote.  

no ****!ng way.... you're scum again aren't you

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

What didn't you like about my comment? The game started 3 seconds ago ya chooch.

If you are actually a Town Miller, you wouldn't have been surprised by the quickness of the reveal.  Especially since 2 other players revealed Miller prior to your post.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you are actually a Town Miller, you wouldn't have been surprised by the quickness of the reveal.  Especially since 2 other players revealed Miller prior to your post.  

Because it's totally normal for the 2nd player to post in the thread to insta reveal. It's a good vote but also, rule 14.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Because it's totally normal for the 2nd player to post in the thread to insta reveal. It's a good vote but also, rule 14.

We haven't had a Miller(s) in a game in a long time, but it makes perfect sense to reveal right away given the mechanics of the role.