Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

32 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Interesting that this wasn't even discussed though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and everyone just disagreed with that strategy, but once CTM and me had claimed it makes sense for scum to immediately hop on the bandwagon. This gives them their out for any cop investigation, and forces everyone else's hand.

At some point the first scumster claimed. But when?  . 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I dunno. I could argue that it makes more sense for scum to keep quiet, let a cop find them and reveal himself, then claim Miller “I thought we weren’t all going to reveal right away”.

Reality is - at this point I’m not worried about a cop role - there’s got to be some other way/mechanism that’ll enable detection of scum. Over-indexing in assumptions about our cop in a game full of miller’s = pointless.

Fair. I’d lean towards their best strategy being to pile on, but a reasonable case could be made for both strategies. Would have liked to talk that out a bit more but cats already out of the bag.

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

vote crusher and here's why. 

I actually read CTM's post were he revealed and claimed right there. But cool story just the same. Interesting you pick mine that was around third. Or you picking mine because I already have some momentum,. either way, well done. 

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Okay, my theories:

1. Traders, could be a game of item exchange rather than definitive roles

2. This is supported by the myriad ways of death (murderers) and influence (drugs)

3. honesty being emphasized here combined with all the millers to me = lie detection - maybe lie detection as an object, 1-timer or maybe a dedicated lie detector I dunno

4. 2 rival crews, but it sounds like constibke works between them - could be multi faction 

5. beaver pelts are spoots homage to himself 

6. Jackass and pudgy man is an homage to pac and crusher 

7. doc may not protect, might actually give coroner reports in death scenes - I forget all the ways that can work 

Solid observations.  Especially, Pac and jackass.  That really stood out to me to along with the honesty theme of the game.

Probably needs go unsaid but I assume we're all "not town" because we're scumbag human being, which also, goes along with the honesty theme of the game.

My overall feeling was; Tiggins is probably some type of conduit between 2 rival teams and I'm once again, every ******* time we do once of these games, the poor schmuck that is has no power stuck in the middle, destined to lose, despite my brilliance.

GFY Spoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Haha 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

I actually read CTM's post were he revealed and claimed right there. But cool story just the same. Interesting you pick mine that was around third. Or you picking mine because I already have some momentum,. either way, well done. 

You had one vote, that's not momentum. I could've voted for stark or Barry if I wanted to go with momentum. 

16 hours ago, CTM said:

hey rodent.. black text isn't visible in dark mode.

Also I'm a miller... If a cop investigates me it will be guilty.  So don't bother investigating me, but if you are a stubborn stupid mule like last games cop and do so anyway, I suggest you do not reveal yoself as it will not provide any new information.

And just so scum can join in the wifom , I may or may not have additional powers

Chew on that beeyotchs 

rule #14

16 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Interesting... I’m also a miller

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

LOL, ok, I’m a Miller too. So don’t bother investigating me but scum feel free to kill me night  1. I’m ready for a fight. 

8 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Miller It's Miller Time Neon-Like LED Sign - Dual Color | SafeSpecial

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Ok, ok so everyone is a loose-lipped Miller.

That means the cop is useless, which should have been apparent from the second and third paragraphs which state that this is a town of unsavory folk, not unlike myself. 

7 hours ago, Stark said:

721c771f7d85140131ffe9d64934fb8f.jpg.239b7c66e777014d13a104f2bc537ef2.jpg721c771f7d85140131ffe9d64934fb8f.jpg.239b7c66e777014d13a104f2bc537ef2.jpg

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Hi, I'm a Miller too.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m also a Miller.
CTM is ******* obsessed with me. 

I’ve got a couple theories about the opening scene - but if I delve into them are folks going to crap themselves and call me scum?

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed, I'm a Miller as well.  I thought Spoot was f**king with me.  Like "Yeah, you get to be town this game, per your request....but you're a Miller."

Interesting game right off the bat!

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Ok since everyone is revealing I'm also a Miller. Thought we were keeping quiet about it to protect the cop though.

5 hours ago, Drums said:

Me name’s Miller. Reggie Miller. Ye who says they’re a Miller better not be filler but it is obvious we be in for a thriller!

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fair. I am town dee milliner.

Everyone’s reveals. What stood out to me:

- After me and CTM reveal and the brief discussion about whether if there’s other millers out there they should hold off on claiming, Crusher, JC, Greenseed, Stark, JiF all reveal, pushing it to the point where over half the game has claimed miller. No discussion of mine and CTM’s proposal of holding off. To me that fits with JC’s and JiF’s M.O. and also Crusher’s to a lesser extent. Stark strikes me as more cerebral and be the guy to slow it down and talk it through out of that bunch, but he’s also the last on that list to claim and momentum was clearly pointing towards millers revealing at that point. I don’t know what to take out of Greenseed’s reveal yet, but I agree with Crusher that the phrasing was interesting.

- Ape’s reveal itself doesn’t bother me. The concern about others calling him scum for diving into mechanics stood out to me, but his actual dive into the opening post feels like he’s actively trying to solve the game.

- 80’s reveal feels a bit contrived and over explained.

- JETS struck me as genuine in real time

- Drums I don’t know what to make of it yet. He pulled this stuff last game as serial killer, but he’s been getting frustrated in recent games with getting attacked for not living up to his meta so I could see him pulling it as town this game just to switch things up. But in the past I feel like town Drums would have definitely been involved in the discussion over whether other millers should have held off on claiming.

- Barry was last to claim and it took some pushing from 80. Possible he’s scum caught flat footed by the early miller reveals, but right or wrong i keep thinking scum wouldn’t wait until the very end to reveal after being provided very convenient cover to do so.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

- After me and CTM reveal and the brief discussion about whether if there’s other millers out there they should hold off on claiming, Crusher, JC, Greenseed, Stark, JiF all reveal, pushing it to the point where over half the game has claimed miller. No discussion of mine and CTM’s proposal of holding off. To me that fits with JC’s and JiF’s M.O. and also Crusher’s to a lesser extent. Stark strikes me as more cerebral and be the guy to slow it down and talk it through out of that bunch, but he’s also the last on that list to claim and momentum was clearly pointing towards millers revealing at that point. I don’t know what to take out of Greenseed’s reveal yet, but I agree with Crusher that the phrasing was interesting.

- Ape’s reveal itself doesn’t bother me. The concern about others calling him scum for diving into mechanics stood out to me, but his actual dive into the opening post feels like he’s actively trying to solve the game.

- Drums I don’t know what to make of it yet. He pulled this stuff last game as serial killer, but he’s been getting frustrated in recent games with getting attacked for not living up to his meta so I could see him pulling it as town this game just to switch things up. But in the past I feel like town Drums would have definitely been involved in the discussion over whether other millers should have held off on claiming.

- Barry was last to claim and it took some pushing from 80. Possible he’s scum caught flat footed by the early miller reveals, but right or wrong i keep thinking scum wouldn’t wait until the very end to reveal after being provided very convenient cover to do so.

Good breakdown. Wasn't barry's timing as much as his initial reaction.  Best bet for scum. 

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Interesting that this wasn't even discussed though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and everyone just disagreed with that strategy, but once CTM and me had claimed it makes sense for scum to immediately hop on the bandwagon. This gives them their out for any cop investigation, and forces everyone else's hand.

^^

25 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

There's potentially something here, to your point the line list of characters that revealed after us aren't exactly know for being pensive or reasoned with 1 notable exception

Crusher: Bacon brain

JC: Does what a toy 8 ball tells him to do, lets all hope it continues to tell him no when he asks if he should blow something up

Greenseed: Just met him but seems like Hess jr

vote  Stark   agree here, first and only sane person seems like something he'd kick around as town.

Jif: promiscuous bisexual stoner (pronouns xim/xer) whose untreated veneral disease has progressed to full blown neurosyphilis

Integrity28: drinks his own piss and got off the evolutionary train 1000's of generations ago

jf80: fapping idiot

etc..

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Good stuff Jvill. I think everyone revealing is fine because in the case of a lie detector it might come in handy since Millers can throw off the cop unless we know someone is lying about being a Miller. So maybe they can work together at a later time if both exist. Side note: some people did not say they were Millers but posted photos or other things to hint it. I also agree with Ape about scum fake claiming with an unfavorable result anyway. Super cool game setup. 

25 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Ape’s reveal itself doesn’t bother me. The concern about others calling him scum for diving into mechanics stood out to me, but his actual dive into the opening post feels like he’s actively trying to solve the game.

It’s not real concern. It’s a reference to the old ways - I used to stupidly float all sorts of theories on setup, and it would create a cluster eff, giving scum all sorts of ways to muddle things. I didn’t do a good job of separating playing the game from how I would have designed it, so I’d always be talking setup.

As for my reveal, I made it after reading and 4 posts of the game. I typically post mid-read regardless of how behind I am, so that I’m giving folks my genuine reactions rather than calculated ones after digesting everything that happened while I was gone. I especially do this early game. 

28 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Solid post but he thing that stands out the most to be about it is that this is the second time you're giving yourself town credit for being the second miller claim. The first time it stood out to me, but could have easily just been the way you saw it so I overlooked it. Making it a point to push that narrative again seems to have more purpose to it IMO.

vote jvill

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s not real concern. It’s a reference to the old ways - I used to stupidly float all sorts of theories on setup, and it would create a cluster eff, giving scum all sorts of ways to muddle things. I didn’t do a good job of separating playing the game from how I would have designed it, so I’d always be talking setup.

As for my reveal, I made it after reading and 4 posts of the game. I typically post mid-read regardless of how behind I am, so that I’m giving folks my genuine reactions rather than calculated ones after digesting everything that happened while I was gone. I especially do this early game. 

this seems a tad over defensive ... almost a ping

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Good stuff Jvill. I think everyone revealing is fine because in the case of a lie detector it might come in handy since Millers can throw off the cop unless we know someone is lying about being a Miller. So maybe they can work together at a later time if both exist. Side note: some people did not say they were Millers but posted photos or other things to hint it. I also agree with Ape about scum fake claiming with an unfavorable result anyway. Super cool game setup. 

cop is useless if all townies are millers, maybe spootles got cute though and made scum some kind of reverse miller.

If out there a cop 100% should be invetigating and report the first result that isn't scum

• Upvote 1