Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

Just now, CTM said:

this is good for max, every post i make generates  4 responses. 

1 response to me from both ape and crusher = 2

1 response from crusher to ape and vice versa as they take turns sniffing each others butts = 2

just in fudge.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

To rhyme this whole game, would just be crazy, and after all, I am a bit lazy. Because playing mafia is hard enough, or maybe I need caffeine. Or perhaps you can go back to page one and read rule 14. 

well done

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Solid post but he thing that stands out the most to be about it is that this is the second time you're giving yourself town credit for being the second miller claim. The first time it stood out to me, but could have easily just been the way you saw it so I overlooked it. Making it a point to push that narrative again seems to have more purpose to it IMO.

vote jvill

Where in that post do I claim town credit for being the second to claim? All I do is look at what happened after the point where there are multiple miller claims. Regardless of my alignment, that’s a clear point of interest and the sequence of events that follows should be looked at.

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

this is good for max, every post i make generates  4 responses. 

1 response to me from both ape and crusher = 2

1 response from crusher to ape and vice versa as they take turns sniffing each others butts = 2

And yet the only thing anyone here can smell is you 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Solid post but he thing that stands out the most to be about it is that this is the second time you're giving yourself town credit for being the second miller claim. The first time it stood out to me, but could have easily just been the way you saw it so I overlooked it. Making it a point to push that narrative again seems to have more purpose to it IMO.

vote jvill

I actually agree with this observation on initial read.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Where in that post do I claim town credit for being the second to claim? All I do is look at what happened after the point where there are multiple miller claims. Regardless of my alignment, that’s a clear point of interest and the sequence of events that follows should be looked at.

Disagree. No point in worrying about it with the context of learning more about the game. It’ll be a good look back after we know wtf is going on.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Updated Miller claims, in the order they revealed them:

• CTM
  • jvill
  • Crusher
  • JC
  • Greenseed
  • Stark
  • JiF
  • Ape
  • JETS
  • Drums

Not yet revealed:

• Barry

JC and Stark didn’t actually reveal. They  just posted “Miller” related pics. Which makes them suspect AF. 

Plus, I get my token OMGUS vote:

Vote Stark  - fight me

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

By “we” do you mean you and the flea circus that lives in the cargo shorts you’ve been rocking since 2003?

so the fleas are why you've been so interested in my crotch all these years?

Monkey Grooming GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It's subtle and implied. First you made several posts shining up CTM as town for being the first reveal. After that you made your first post tying yourself to him as town and everyone claiming miller after you as potential scum.

Interesting that this wasn't even discussed though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and everyone just disagreed with that strategy, but once CTM and me had claimed it makes sense for scum to immediately hop on the bandwagon. This gives them their out for any cop investigation, and forces everyone else's hand.

^ that was the first post I raised an eyebrow at but let go.

After me and CTM reveal and the brief discussion about whether if there’s other millers out there they should hold off on claiming, Crusher, JC, Greenseed, Stark, JiF all reveal, pushing it to the point where over half the game has claimed miller.

But when you paired yourself with shiny happy townie CTM a second time, it felt like you were purposely pushing the narrative that you should be also considered town.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's subtle and implied. First you made several posts shining up CTM as town for being the first reveal. After that you made your first post tying yourself to him as town and everyone claiming miller after you as potential scum.

^ that was the first post I raised an eyebrow at but let go.

But when you paired yourself with shiny happy townie CTM a second time, it felt like you were purposely pushing the narrative that you should be also considered town.

fwiw, i noticed this as well. However  I think the rationale for me being town is essentially the same as jvill. In order for either one of us to be scum, scum would've had to have been tipped off by the mod to a bunch of millers. Period.

While as you said it is unusual to see a claim that early in the game, there is no freaken way way scum would be the second claimaint unless tipped off by the mod.

Doesn't mean he's town for sure but to me makes it a bit more likely at this point.

Once a few claims were in it's natural for scum to tag along, but not as #2

47 minutes ago, Drums said:

To rhyme this whole game, would just be crazy, and after all, I am a bit lazy. Because playing mafia is hard enough, or maybe I need caffeine. Or perhaps you can go back to page one and read rule 14. 

I thought you made up that PR?  Memes maybe?

1 minute ago, CTM said:

fwiw, i noticed this as well. However  I think the rationale for me being town is essentially the same as jvill. In order for either one of us to be scum, scum would've had to have been tipped off by the mod to a bunch of millers. Period.

While as you said it is unusual to see a claim that early in the game, there is no freaken way way scum would be the second claimaint unless tipped off by the mod.

Doesn't mean he's town for sure but to me makes it a bit more likely at this point.

Once a few claims were in it's natural for scum to tag along, but not as #2

I don't disagree. It's the part where he feels the need to let everyone know a couple of times that pings.