Giants Tag Leo

SR24

12 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

this was an L for Joe Douglas.

This is worse than Gase opening 0-4 with a third string quarterback yet I'm not seeing firejoedouglas.com, not seeing airplanes, not seeing billboards.  Curious.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

all Joe has is Ls besides our first round pick which was a no brainer-he is gm of one of the worst rosters the jets ever have had. He made the team MUCH worse last year. I heard all year it was on purpose to tank for Trevor which was dumb because players don't intentionally try to lose in the NFL every week and one could clearly tell Gase was trying to win by not playing the young guys.

This is a HUGE offseason for Joe-if he does not get some quality FA players to come here and nail the draft he is no different than Izadick  or Mac. 

I will also state if Joe D nails the draft , gets us a qb and brings in some talent from the free agent market I will give him all of the credit in the world and sign his praises louder than a fat woman at the opera(I hope this is the case)

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is worse than Gase opening 0-4 with a third string quarterback yet I'm not seeing firejoedouglas.com, not seeing airplanes, not seeing billboards.  Curious.

SAR I

the book is in my opinion very open on Joe D-some want to crown him based on what I have no idea-he ran the second worst team in football and so far one draft pick is working(Mims stats were awful but  yet some want to crown him and  his zero tds as well-even barrios  got not one not two but three tds playing with the same qbs)

If Joe  misses on free agents with the money they have and blows the draft I will write the first check-I hope that is not the case. I hope Joe D rewards his loyal followers and proves to be a genius

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

all Joe has is Ls besides our first round pick which was a no brainer-he is gm of one of the worst rosters the jets ever have had. He made the team MUCH worse last year. I heard all year it was on purpose to tank for Trevor which was dumb because players don't intentionally try to lose in the NFL every week and one could clearly tell Gase was trying to win by not playing the young guys.

This is a HUGE offseason for Joe-if he does not get some quality FA players to come here and nail the draft he is no different than Izadick  or Mac. 

I will also state if Joe D nails the draft , gets us a qb and brings in some talent from the free agent market I will give him all of the credit in the world and sign his praises louder than a fat woman at the opera(I hope this is the case)

Still amazes me that some fans think the Jets were trying to be competitive last year. JD tore the roster down with an eye towards 2021. Let’s see if he can execute his plan.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Still amazes me that some fans think the Jets were trying to be competitive last year. JD tore the roster down with an eye towards 2021. Let’s see if he can execute his plan.

Yes.  The $80M in cap room, next to no dead money crippling the cap, #2 pick in the draft, and four first round picks in the next two seasons is just random good luck, you know.  It's not possible that was actually intentional. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Because it is not worse.  Leo wasn't worth used toilet paper while here.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, wanted the Jets to sign him.  I can't remember one person here or in the media who wanted to hold on to Leo.  JD's mistake was Robby, but it was in no way in the universe of Putrid, for which Gase is emperor.   So the Gase sour grapes campaign continues....   a real sh*t show IMO.  You were wrong about Gase. His awfulness was and is insurmountable by anyone else in that building.  Or anyone within 5,000 miles of the building, actually

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Well if the plan was to tank for Trevor which I read all year-he failed.... If the plan was to be competitive he failed. If the plan was to draft one player that had real contribution he did great. If the plan was to bring in free agents that all sucked he did great.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yes.  The $80M in cap room, next to no dead money crippling the cap, #2 pick in the draft, and four first round picks in the next two seasons is just random good luck, you know.  It's not possible that was actually intentional. 

so lets see what he does with it- so far he brought in zero quality free agents and drafted one very good player-the draft could improve if Mims actually can get on the field and catch some tds

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Sorry, that can never excuse the disaster he rebuild with the OL trying to protect a QB that the Jets saw as their future. His OL rebuild was a disaster at best.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Yep, because we picked Ashtyn Davis with that pick instead of Damien Lewis or Zack Moss.  We needed offensive help. ( not Capt. Morgan )

morgan is going to be the next tom brady and the pats wanted him...... but yet we are doing everything to get a qb this offseason 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DonCorleone said:

Sorry, that can never excuse the disaster he rebuild with the OL trying to protect a QB that the Jets saw as their future. His OL rebuild was a disaster at best.

his oline was bad his d line was bad-his wrs were bad and the worst tight end tandem in history of the league in griffin and herndon

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Let's not forget Robby. If Bridgewater arm strength didn't fade halfway through the season, Robby would have put up even better numbers.

• Upvote 2

We're now going to cry over Williams because after SIX years he had ONE year

where he lived up to his draft status???  Give me a break!!!  Quinnen Williams in

his second year with no edge help was more impressive and he still has three

years left on his rookie deal

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Because it is not worse.  Leo wasn't worth used toilet paper while here.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, wanted the Jets to sign him.  I can't remember one person here or in the media who wanted to hold on to Leo.  JD's mistake was Robby, but it was in no way in the universe of Putrid, for which Gase is emperor.   So the Gase sour grapes campaign continues....   a real sh*t show IMO.  You were wrong about Gase. His awfulness was and is insurmountable by anyone else in that building.  Or anyone within 5,000 miles of the building, actually

Everybody was expecting leo to be Reggie White. Because he wasn't, he sucked.He did all he could do here, with little help. Giants get him and he explodes. Maybe because it was a contract year. Maybe because he had Lawrence and Tomlinson next to him.?

JD needs to start getting some successes in his draft picks and FA signings.  So far, he has very little to hang his hat on.

More than willing to give him this offseason and the 2021 season, see how it all plays out.

But if we're still amongst the least talented teams in 2021, and/or we're still a low-wins team in 2021, I think the words "faith" and "patience" need to be dumped.

It's time, going into his third year as GM, to start seeing some tangible results apart from Becton.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

where he lived up to his draft status???  Give me a break!!!  Quinnen Williams in

Leo had a better year than QW. QW is real good, so is Leo.

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so lets see what he does with it- so far he brought in zero quality free agents and drafted one very good player-the draft could improve if Mims actually can get on the field and catch some tds

You are either being deliberately obstinate or you can't see the circles you are talking in.  The point of last year was to bring in free agents on short deals that weren't going to be very successful.  That's likely why we got Fant instead of Conklin.  Lots of free cap this year to go with the draft picks.  I'm not judging JD on his FA pickups last year when they were clearly here for a cup of coffee and a lot of losses.  Move off that one.

As to the draft picks, you are conveniently ignoring a few names *cough* Bryce Hall *cough* and Guidry turned out to be a valuable ST player for being a UDFA.  We also had the problem of a head coach who refused to play many of the rookies even in clear garbage time.  So we have no idea what Cam Clark and others can even become.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

47 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Oh, yes, definitely, turning Williams into Ashtyn Davis and a 5th round pick instead of (1) paying him 17.5M per year and losing Marcus Maye (only one franchise tag) or (2) signing him long term at a higher number is a huge loss for Douglas.

Especially since the Giants and Jets play identical defensive systems and Leo's role and production would have been the same had we tagged him instead of trading him.

• Sympathy 1

5.5 of Leonard's 11.5 sacks came in two games:  week 13 vs. the Seahawks and week 17 vs the Cowboys. 3 of those 5.5 came against stiff Andy Dalton starting in week 17. Also that Seahawk O-Line was putrid last season allowing Russell to be sacked 47 times, which was 3rd most in the NFL. Only Deshaun Watson (49) and Carson Wentz (50) were sacked more times than Mr. Unlimited.

Bottom line Leo's sack total was bloated in 2020. He's more likely to average 6 sacks per season on a losing team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He’s only had one draft as a GM. Adam already coached the Dolphins to nowhere, wasn’t fooling anyone here but you and Chris Johnson. Safe to say Douglas time is right now, if he Adam Gases’s this, then his nuts will be firmly on the chopping block, 

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I am not defending Adam Gase.  He sucked.  I was wrong.  I own it.

But I am highly unhappy with the hypocrisy being shown towards one Joe Douglas.  All the Gase-haters had such an itchy trigger finger with the head coach after 4 measly games but are giving the GM every benefit of the doubt.  When will he feel the fan heat?  After 4 years?  5? 

We have lost more impact players than we have gained.  And it takes no Ozzy Newsome rocket scientist to figure out that you can build draft capital and stockpile cap dollars if you let all your good players walk and replace them with 25 nobodies on one-year deals.  I'm done with the teardown, and I am unconvinced that this guy is capable of building it up.

The next 7 weeks are everything to Joe Douglas.  If we have a mediocre FA period and a meh draft, I expect the planes and the billboards.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s only had one draft as a GM. Adam already coached the Dolphins to nowhere, wasn’t fooling anyone here but you and Chris Johnson. Safe to say Douglas time is right now, if he Adam Gases’s this, then his nuts will be firmly on the chopping block, 

Gase is still a free agent , I see.  JD got to step up big time this offseason.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I am not defending Adam Gase.  He sucked.  I was wrong.  I own it.

But I am highly unhappy with the hypocrisy being shown towards one Joe Douglas.  All the Gase-haters had such an itchy trigger finger with the head coach after 4 measly games but are giving the GM every benefit of the doubt.  When will he feel the fan heat?  After 4 years?  5? 

We have lost more impact players than we have gained.  And it takes no Ozzy Newsome rocket scientist to figure out that you can build draft capital and stockpile cap dollars if you let all your good players walk and replace them with 25 nobodies on one-year deals.  I'm done with the teardown, and I am unconvinced that this guy is capable of building it up.

The next 7 weeks are everything to Joe Douglas.  If we have a mediocre FA period and a meh draft, I expect the planes and the billboards.  

SAR I

If Joe Douglas sucked for 3 years as a gm and ran a franchise into the ground prior to the jets like gase did with the dolphins, yes we would not be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Why is this difficult for you to understand?  Its very simple.  No need for banner/plane comments in every thread.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He’s only had one draft as a GM.

Gase was only here for 4 games!  Hamstrung by an awful GM, 18 players on IR, and a starting quarterback with mononucleosis!  There was no margin of error for him so there should be no margin of error for Douglas.  So far, all he's done is take a 6-2 team and make it 2-14.  And no one has bought firejoedouglas.com yet.

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Safe to say Douglas time is right now, if he Adam Gases’s this, then his nuts will be firmly on the chopping block, 

Exactly my point.  I'll be the first to buy a Joe Douglas t-shirt (design, not size) and name my son's fish after him if he has a great FA and draft in the next 7 weeks.  But he'd better.  Or its time to fly the planes and buy the billboards.  Gase got 4 games; Douglas ain't getting 4 years.

SAR I

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, KRL said:

Leo learned off of mo wilk and shel richardson, have a big year to get paid.  then dog it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1