Allen Robinson gets tagged

Still think there is a decent chance the may trade him. If they can get anything for him its a no brainer to at least do a tag & trade as opposed to letting him walk for nothing. The question is going to be if they do, what do you give up for the right to pay ARob a $20mm per year salary. I don't see JD giving up a premium pick just to pay retail on a WR, especially given the amount of talent in the draft. The only way I see us getting him now is if they crap out on QBs and opt to trade him for Sam + a mid round pick or something. 

One side benefit of this, albeit a longshot, if they can swing a trade and get another top pick (say Indy trades a 1 for him like they did for Buckner last year with an extension in place) they may have a more legitimate shot at getting Russell Wilson? 

• Upvote 1

The Bears were over the cap before tagging Robinson and still don't have a QB.  Robinson hasn't said he would be willing to play on another 1 year contract, so there's still a chance he's available.  It will just depend on what the Bears plan to do with their cap and what they would want as compensation.  Teams have to be under the cap in 8 days.

• Upvote 1

This puts the Bears about $20M over the cap.  Now the cap may rise this year, but if it doesn't they are going to have to scramble to free up room.  Sign and trade definitely a possibility for them, and I think a lot depends on what they end up doing at QB.  

I would go guns blazing at Golladay and only if we can't get him would I think about trading for ARob.  Not sure I'd part with our #34 and I don't think CHI would take much less unless literally nobody else was biting.  Maybe two lower picks or a more complex trade would get it done.  I might swap 2nd rounders perhaps.

As for MIA going for ARob, I have one particular thought on that. If they do, it probably takes them out of the Watson sweepstakes because of the picks and cap they'd have to use on ARob (they are about $20M under the cap now).  I'd hate to lose ARob, but if it led to us getting Deshaun at a lower cost, I'd be okay with that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jets will have lots of money and nobody to spend it on

Joe D best nail this draft

Joe Thuney 

Corey Lindsley 

Curtis Samuel 

Kenny Golladay 

Juju

Corey Davis 

Will Fuller

Jonnu Smith

Hunter Henry

Gerald Everett

Shaq Griffen

William Jackson

Desmond King

Yannick 

Jadaveon Clowney

Shaq Barrett

Matt Milano 

Lavonte David

Carl Lawson

Romeo Okwara

Bud Dupree

Matt Judon

Trey Hendrickson

Daryl Williamson

Chidobe Awuzie

Aaron Jones

Marvin Jones Jr

Poole 

Melvin Ingram

David Andrews

When those guys are all gone you can re-post...

• Upvote 4