Allen Robinson gets tagged

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we are DESPERATE for a WR this year after letting a boat load of good young guys go in favour of james morgan, cam clarke, perine and a punter.

So now that Robinson is tagged he is no longer FREE.

I am a big critic of joes moves but even I can admit we didnt let a boat load of good young guys go-we let some players go and his draft sucked (in my eyes) but we never had a boat load of good players let alone letting go a boat load-we have about 4 good players on our roster lol

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we are DESPERATE for a WR this year after letting a boat load of good young guys go in favour of james morgan, cam clarke, perine and a punter.

So now that Robinson is tagged he is no longer FREE.

What boatload?   Gabe Davis?  Peoples-Jones? Mooney?  If guys like that were available last season in rounds 4-7, there will be similar guys this season.  Perine, Clarke and Mann could all play significant roles this season.  I think you need to get over the Morgan pick. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am a big critic of joes moves but even I can admit we didnt let a boat load of good young guys go-we let some players go and his draft sucked (in my eyes) but we never had a boat load of good players let alone letting go a boat load-we have about 4 good players on our roster lol

Remember these names for next year and the year after.

Bryan Edwards - Raiders taken after zuniga

Devin Duvernay - Baltimore take after zuniga

Gabriel Davis - Buffalo - 4th round

Antonio golden Gandy - Washington - 4th round

Tyler Johnson - Tampa - 5th round

Collin Johnson - Jacksonville - 5th round

John Hightower - Eagles - 5th round

Darnell Mooney - Chicago - 5ht round

Donovan Peoples -Jones - Browns - 6th round

Quite a few others.  Many teams took 2 WRs last year, some took 3 because Wr was super deep.

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What boatload?   Gabe Davis?  Peoples-Jones? Mooney?  If guys like that were available last season in rounds 4-7, there will be similar guys this season.  Perine, Clarke and Mann could all play significant roles this season.  I think you need to get over the Morgan pick. 

No, wrong.  This years draft has a big drop off at Wr, last year was super deep. We had the picks, we had the need and the guys we took are not world beaters.

Now we are in desperation mode.

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There was already league wide perception that Curtis Samuel was getting to be tough to land ($$$) but with 2/3 top WRs tagged, it will be even more challenging. Say hello to a WR at #23 

Tough to land?  Is that why nobody traded for him?  He was on the market the last couple of years.  I was really surprised he didn't get moved before last season started.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Remember these names for next year and the year after.

Bryan Edwards - Raiders taken after zuniga

Devin Duvernay - Baltimore take after zuniga

Gabriel Davis - Buffalo - 4th round

Antonio golden Gandy - Washington - 4th round

Tyler Johnson - Tampa - 5th round

Collin Johnson - Jacksonville - 5th round

John Hightower - Eagles - 5th round

Darnell Mooney - Chicago - 5ht round

Donovan Peoples -Jones - Browns - 6th round

Quite a few others.  Many teams took 2 WRs last year, some took 3 because Wr was super deep.

I said Joes drafts sucked. I just dont think we let a bunch of good players go unless you are saying we passed on good players that is different

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Golladay top dog on the market now 

Hardly surprising. They're getting between a $4-8MM discount on him, and otherwise have no one else. Move around someone else's money to next year to make room for an elite weapon like Robinson.

At worst they can trade him for more than pick #100 in 2022. 

the morgan pick was beyond terrible by the way.

I despise when folks say it was a good pick and then point to brady -while at the same time we are doing anything to get rid of sam and get a new qb and nobody from the jets is saying morgan is an option 

• Thumb Down 1

It is what it is.

The free agent WR's will command more money.  Unless we are drafting a WR or Pitts early, then we need to pay for one.  if it's 18m, which is high, then so be it.  Our Wr's could not get open if their life depended on it last year.  We need to get , Sam, Justin, Zach, Deshaun, Trey or who ever a WR to throw the ball to and open things up for the others.

The Irishman - It's What It Is GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Tough to land?  Is that why nobody traded for him?  He was on the market the last couple of years.  I was really surprised he didn't get moved before last season started.

Dunno man. But it took 3 years and Matt Rhule for him to develop from a hybrid RB to an NFL WR. Pretty understandable. He’s legit. 

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Dunno man. But it took 3 years and Matt Rhule for him to develop from a hybrid RB to an NFL WR. Pretty understandable. He’s legit. 

To be fair, he got off t ao kind of a slow start.  His rookie year ended early and then . had a heart procedure right before the season started in 2018

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No, wrong.  This years draft has a big drop off at Wr, last year was super deep. We had the picks, we had the need and the guys we took are not world beaters.

Now we are in desperation mode.

The WR drafted in rounds 4 -7 are not world beaters either.  You are overreacting.  The Jets need a receiver or two this season, that's all.  They don't need to rebuild the roster entirely this offseason.  Crowder, Mims and a FA and/or a high draft pick and they'll be more than fine.  

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Smells like our big free agent WR signing will be Breshad Permian again.

I think at the end of the day it will be JuJu.

I won’t be particularly thrilled about it, but there’s little doubt that he’s at least an upper tier #2 and still extremely young.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I think at the end of the day it will be JuJu.

I won’t be particularly thrilled about it, but there’s little doubt that he’s at least an upper tier #2 and still extremely young.

Oh God big pass on Juju.  He’ll be a $80 million Jericho Cotchery 

17 hours ago, dcJet said:

I thought for sure both Arob and Golladay would be tagged and traded.  Lions will Lion!  

Now that Golladay is available, open the vault!  20M/per.

Gotta really check out his hip first though.

guy is injured all the time.