Jump to content

2021 NFL Draft: the year of the busts


Bronx

Recommended Posts

This draft could potentially have the largest amount of busts coming out of college. There are a few reasons that we will witness the most underrated/overrated evaluations throughout the draft. The pandemic has cutoff critical tools such as playing time, combine and pro day. 

The real question is, will the Jets be part of atrocity or success? The QB decision will determine our fate. Currently, the odds are 50/50 and that is a concern. Drafting a QB and keeping Sam throughout camp would be the safest decision. We will soon find out our fate and this is the.year that the draft is considered more of.gamble than previous years.

Anything below A in this draft will be considered mediocre, hence mid season grades are more critical. Only time will tell, but with so much hype and in some instances, minimal playing time to evaluate, the amount of busts coming in 2021 could be epic in proportions. As many long suffering SOJ fans, we are rooting against the odds, let's get this thing right and ace this draft!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This draft could potentially have the largest amount of busts coming out of college. There are a few reasons that we will witness the most underrated/overrated evaluations throughout the draft. The pandemic has cutoff critical tools such as playing time, combine and pro day. 

The real question is, will the Jets be part of atrocity or success? The QB decision will determine our fate. Currently, the odds are 50/50 and that is a concern. Drafting a QB and keeping Sam throughout camp would be the safest decision. We will soon find out our fate and this is the.year that the draft is considered more of.gamble than previous years.

Anything below A in this draft will be considered mediocre, hence mid season grades are more critical. Only time will tell, but with so much hype and in some instances, minimal playing time to evaluate, the amount of busts coming in 2021 could be epic in proportions. As many long suffering SOJ fans, we are rooting against the odds, let's get this thing right and ace this draft!

But what if without so much scrutiny on measurables and entire staffs at pro days teams succeed at higher clip than normal? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

This draft could potentially have the largest amount of busts coming out of college. There are a few reasons that we will witness the most underrated/overrated evaluations throughout the draft. The pandemic has cutoff critical tools such as playing time, combine and pro day. 

The real question is, will the Jets be part of atrocity or success? The QB decision will determine our fate. Currently, the odds are 50/50 and that is a concern. Drafting a QB and keeping Sam throughout camp would be the safest decision. We will soon find out our fate and this is the.year that the draft is considered more of.gamble than previous years.

Anything below A in this draft will be considered mediocre, hence mid season grades are more critical. Only time will tell, but with so much hype and in some instances, minimal playing time to evaluate, the amount of busts coming in 2021 could be epic in proportions. As many long suffering SOJ fans, we are rooting against the odds, let's get this thing right and ace this draft!

sam darnold was always a bust

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bronx said:

This draft could potentially have the largest amount of busts coming out of college. There are a few reasons that we will witness the most underrated/overrated evaluations throughout the draft. The pandemic has cutoff critical tools such as playing time, combine and pro day. 

The real question is, will the Jets be part of atrocity or success? The QB decision will determine our fate. Currently, the odds are 50/50 and that is a concern. Drafting a QB and keeping Sam throughout camp would be the safest decision. We will soon find out our fate and this is the.year that the draft is considered more of.gamble than previous years.

Anything below A in this draft will be considered mediocre, hence mid season grades are more critical. Only time will tell, but with so much hype and in some instances, minimal playing time to evaluate, the amount of busts coming in 2021 could be epic in proportions. As many long suffering SOJ fans, we are rooting against the odds, let's get this thing right and ace this draft!

Well in the 1st place I would be hesitant to draft any player that opted out because of Covid. The opt out  means to me that Football isn't the #1 priority of that player - talented or not Covid or not. If your hungry and you want to make it in the NFL you don't let Covid stop you.  Secondly I would take a B+ draft. You just said its basically a crap shoot so a B+ works well in any 50/50 scenario. I think the Jets will do well!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Well in the 1st place I would be hesitant to draft any player that opted out because of Covid. The opt out  means to me that Football isn't the #1 priority of that player - talented or not Covid or not. If your hungry and you want to make it in the NFL you don't let Covid stop you.  Secondly I would take a B+ draft. You just said its basically a crap shoot so a B+ works well in any 50/50 scenario. I think the Jets will do well!

No, that would mean not getting a virus that has killed 526k people and infect over 29M is. I don't  hold that against anyone.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No, that would mean not getting a virus that has killed 526k people and infect over 29M is. I don't  hold that against anyone.  

The protocols that sports teams followed during Covid was much safer than going to a grocery store or almost anywhere in public plus how many sports players have reportedly died from Covid? I haven't heard of any but I'm sure you will have a list. Yes I do think you can hold it against them. It shows their mindset. Same type of player will want to sit out with a small injury. Same type of player will play for the big contract and then pull a Wilkerson.  Some GM's will hold it against them and some won't. Either your in or your out - they were out while others were in. Thats my take right or wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Well in the 1st place I would be hesitant to draft any player that opted out because of Covid. The opt out  means to me that Football isn't the #1 priority of that player - talented or not Covid or not. If your hungry and you want to make it in the NFL you don't let Covid stop you.  Secondly I would take a B+ draft. You just said its basically a crap shoot so a B+ works well in any 50/50 scenario. I think the Jets will do well!

I hate all those pussies who put their lives over youre need to watch them kill themselves on TV or top protect their families.

I say F' them, why put them into the NFL so they can make money.  Who the F would let a deadly global pandemic scare them.

Seriously, I get some dont get it, but how cant you at least understand that theres another view at work here

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Myself, I am only drafting players that actually died from COVID because those are the ones who are willing to lay it on the line for a W

Proof is in the pudding.

the NFL is now a dead mans game

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Myself, I am only drafting players that actually died from COVID because those are the ones who are willing to lay it on the line for a W

Thats exactly my point. Real football players - players like Dick Butkus and Ray Lewis - think Ray Lewis would miss a game because of Covid? Even Tom Brady played. Anybody that died with Covid while playing football is welcomed on my team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Thats exactly my point. Real football players - players like Dick Butkus and Ray Lewis - think Ray Lewis would miss a game because of Covid? Even Tom Brady played. Anybody that died with Covid while playing football is welcomed on my team. 

If i was a gm I would give every player on the roster COVID and only keep the ones that survived, even if only like 21 of them lived. They’d be elite warriors

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Thats exactly my point. Real football players - players like Dick Butkus and Ray Lewis - think Ray Lewis would miss a game because of Covid? Even Tom Brady played. Anybody that died with Covid while playing football is welcomed on my team. 

How the F do you know what Ray Lewis would do when faced with COVID?

Anything about CJ Mosley's game that said he would opt out?  Any NFL football player who opted out that seems, you know pussy like?  Because you get to the NFL without being real players dont get there. 

The last sentence is pretty telling.  But I'm out, this was a stupid conversation a year ago, 500,000 dead later its a whole lot dumber

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How the F do you know what Ray Lewis would do when faced with COVID?

Anything about CJ Mosley's game that said he would opt out?  Any NFL football player who opted out that seems, you know pussy like?  Because you get to the NFL without being real players dont get there. 

The last sentence is pretty telling.  But I'm out, this was a stupid conversation a year ago, 500,000 dead later its a whole lot dumber

C.J. Mosely opted out because he wanted nothing to do with Adam Gase and the Jets circus last season and yes it was a circus. He saw an opportunity and took it. Some of the upcoming top draft picks that already had a top 10 pick locked up - I can't really blame them either - they took advantage of an opportunity. As far as Ray Lewis - unless he had some other reason like not wanting to be part of a circus he aint opting out. I can see a point where its was smart for some to opt out - that they didn't do it because they were being a pussy. I'm over this discussion also. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bust comment not fully accurate. Yes, there will be more fails on choices in the early rounds. But there will be more late round gems as well.

This is not an off year for talent.  We just know less about each player.

As always, the best GMs will come out aces—maybe better than in a normal year.

We’re going to find out about JD real quick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...