Jump to content

So for all of you DeShaun Watson Lovers..


Greenbloodblitz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Do you now see what a bad move it would have been? Let's give up three or four first-round picks and Quinnen Williams?

Then Allen Robinson and every other great free agent will just come to the Jets because DeShaun Watson is here?

Sorry but that's obviously not happening cuz everybody just got tagged!

We would have been in the worst Financial hole we ever have been in, and I for one am so grateful that this did not happen!

So are we keeping Sam? Trading down from the second overall pick, or choosing Fields or Amanda Bearse?

 

  • Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 16
  • Confused 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't read anyone say they wanted to trade Q in a package for Watson.

Teams have until March 17th to get under the cap.  Everyone reporting on free agency has said that there will be way more talent available than usual because of the cap crunch.

And even with the tags, huge upgrades to the o-line aren't getting tagged, several big upgrades at WR aren't getting tagged, some of the best edge rushers in football won't be tagged.

Allen Robinson getting tagged doesn't end the chance of Douglas dramatically improving the roster through free agency.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green, 

 

I am with you Bro... On another forum I got into a debate about building the team vs. signing and arm.  I know what Sam is and isn't but this team needs an infusion of talent with speed that are smart football players.  JD has a plan it is, "price point vs. quality/rating (A, B, C players)."  he will go after A players and pay if the value proposition is there but not overpay for B players.   he will prudent and select the players that HC/coaches and he agree will help the team the most... not just fill roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

"Jets can't build a team without 3 first rd picks" argument is so false. 

We got 2 first rounders for adams

If you can turn those 2 picks and the 2nd overall into Watson you do it.

The only draft pick your really losing is 2nd overall. And your getting deshaun watson in return so who cares. You still keep all your other picks.

 

Right.  Zach Wilson and Jamal Adams for a 25 year old top 5 QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

WR's coming here would  be a very secondary reason to acquire Watson.  Getting a young, elite QB makes the team an instant perennial contender with or without elite WR's.

That said, Kenny Golladay is still available.  He's not coming here to play with Sam f**kin Darnold, that's for sure.  

It makes us a contender but with a weak team you get exposed in the playoffs damn near every time. Also keep in mind most of our first round picks will be going out the door so in year 1 or 2 of Watson we will be looking at FA to build around him rather than getting draft picks on the cheap for 4 or 5 years which will ultimately cause cap trouble when said QB is 1/4 of your teams salary. 

So yeah the Jets will be good by default win our 10 - 12 games a season and get our asses beat in the playoff's because the team just does not have the talent level to compete other than the fact we have Watson. We've seen lots of elite QB's win games then get beat over and over in the playoffs because their teams were just not good enough. Only one guy was good enough to go to 10 SB's and win 7 of them and the odds of that happening again in any of our lifetimes is zero

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man I knew this thread would get some of you all fired up! LOL

Go on YouTube and look up W.A.S.P Blind in Texas!

But seriously do you guys really think if we gave up all that draft capital for Watson, and yes people were talking about throwing Quinnen Williams in the trade, that we wouldn't be watching him run around and getting crushed just like we watched Sam Darnold for the last 2 years?

Some of you guys I think your hearts are in the right place but just don't understand how to build a football team.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Do you now see what a bad move it would have been? Let's give up three or four first-round picks and Quinnen Williams?

Then Allen Robinson and every other great free agent will just come to the Jets because DeShaun Watson is here?

Sorry but that's obviously not happening cuz everybody just got tagged!

We would have been in the worst Financial hole we ever have been in, and I for one am so grateful that this did not happen!

So are we keeping Sam? Trading down from the second overall pick, or choosing Fields or Amanda Bearse?

 

So the only upside to getting Deshaun Watson was the prospect of getting Allen Robinson?

Cool story.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

WR's coming here would  be a very secondary reason to acquire Watson.  Getting a young, elite QB makes the team an instant perennial contender with or without elite WR's.

That said, Kenny Golladay is still available.  He's not coming here to play with Sam f**kin Darnold, that's for sure.  

Oh yeah but they'll both be pulling chunks of grass and mud out of their helmets all day  on Sunday

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Man I knew this thread would get some of you all fired up! LOL

Go on YouTube and look up W.A.S.P Blind in Texas!

But seriously do you guys really think if we gave up all that draft capital for Watson, and yes people were talking about throwing Quinnen Williams in the trade, that we wouldn't be watching him run around and getting crushed just like we watched Sam Darnold for the last 2 years?

Some of you guys I think your hearts are in the right place but just don't understand how to build a football team.

Did Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley get tagged?  Has Deshaun Watson ever played behind a good O-Line?

With your understanding of how to build a football team, what do you want the Jets to do with their $73M in cap room?

I didn't realize Allen Robinson getting tagged ends free agency.  Should we wait for the draft or just start week 1 on Sunday?

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So the only upside to getting Deshaun Watson was the prospect of getting Allen Robinson?

Cool story.

If you've read the board then yes you would know that's the general consensus. All the free agent offensive skill players would be flocking here if we got DeShaun Watson.

In fact Allen Robinson would come here as well as Chris Godwin they're all getting on the train and can't wait to play with DeShaun Watson and the Jets!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Man I knew this thread would get some of you all fired up! LOL

Go on YouTube and look up W.A.S.P Blind in Texas!

But seriously do you guys really think if we gave up all that draft capital for Watson, and yes people were talking about throwing Quinnen Williams in the trade, that we wouldn't be watching him run around and getting crushed just like we watched Sam Darnold for the last 2 years?

Some of you guys I think your hearts are in the right place but just don't understand how to build a football team.

So educate us. 

Who is playing QB for YOUR Team next year GM Greenbloodblitz?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Man I knew this thread would get some of you all fired up! LOL

Go on YouTube and look up W.A.S.P Blind in Texas!

But seriously do you guys really think if we gave up all that draft capital for Watson, and yes people were talking about throwing Quinnen Williams in the trade, that we wouldn't be watching him run around and getting crushed just like we watched Sam Darnold for the last 2 years?

Some of you guys I think your hearts are in the right place but just don't understand how to build a football team.

I like Sam Darnold.

I think there’s a better chance that Sam Darnold would run around and get crushed behind the elite offensive line folks want to put together than Deshaun Watson would run around and get crushed behind the Jets’ current offensive line.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It makes us a contender but with a weak team you get exposed in the playoffs damn near every time. Also keep in mind most of our first round picks will be going out the door so in year 1 or 2 of Watson we will be looking at FA to build around him rather than getting draft picks on the cheap for 4 or 5 years which will ultimately cause cap trouble when said QB is 1/4 of your teams salary. 

So yeah the Jets will be good by default win our 10 - 12 games a season and get our asses beat in the playoff's because the team just does not have the talent level to compete other than the fact we have Watson. We've seen lots of elite QB's win games then get beat over and over in the playoffs because their teams were just not good enough. Only one guy was good enough to go to 10 SB's and win 7 of them and the odds of that happening again in any of our lifetimes is zero

We haven't been to the postseason in 10 years and haven't had a franchise QB in over 50.

We'll live.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It makes us a contender but with a weak team you get exposed in the playoffs damn near every time. Also keep in mind most of our first round picks will be going out the door so in year 1 or 2 of Watson we will be looking at FA to build around him rather than getting draft picks on the cheap for 4 or 5 years which will ultimately cause cap trouble when said QB is 1/4 of your teams salary. 

So yeah the Jets will be good by default win our 10 - 12 games a season and get our asses beat in the playoff's because the team just does not have the talent level to compete other than the fact we have Watson. We've seen lots of elite QB's win games then get beat over and over in the playoffs because their teams were just not good enough. Only one guy was good enough to go to 10 SB's and win 7 of them and the odds of that happening again in any of our lifetimes is zero

Elite QBs that get beat in the playoffs are also the elite qbs that win a SB - Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Manning, Favre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So educate us. 

Who is playing QB for YOUR Team next year GM Greenbloodblitz?

I will give you my honest answer Mr. Warfish as GM's are paid to think of all possible outcomes.

So in year four of their professional career DeShaun Watson will be 26 years old. Sam will be 24, Fields will be 26, Zach Wilson will be 25 right?

I'm not saying Watson is not a better quarterback than Sam Darnold.  However there are variables. Sam did not play with any of the best wide receivers in the league or the best defensive ends in the league in his career thus far am I correct?

He does have three years experience playing professional football over anybody we could draft.

Also let's not let it get lost in translation that all of the QBs we are talkin about are all World athletes. I mean that with the utmost respect to what these guys put their bodies and minds through on a daily basis.

Playing with Monopoly money I would say I'm not giving away my draft picks and all of that cap space for a very small margin of talent between said QB's.

The end-all and be-all comes down to whether or not the GM thinks that the talent coming out of the draft is worth taking a chance on while surrounding them with your top end draft picks.

Is Sam better than Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, and is he worth the money?

If I were GM as good as Watson is, it's not going to make a difference and it will look just like last year. This especially if I give up my entire plan of accumulating draft picks to build my football team.

I hope I've answered your question my friend

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Wanting Deshaun Watson has nothing to do with attracting Allen Robinson and everything to do with having a top five QB in the NFL at age 25, the most priceless asset you can have. 

The narrative conveniently changes for the Watson fans.

Before it was "No worries about giving up all the high picks cause Douglas can build a juggernaut with late round picks and all the FA weapons we are going to sign!"

obiwan-arentthedroids.jpg

Now  it is , oh we just want a top 5 QB , please forget houston won 4 games last year

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The narrative conveniently changes for the Watson fans.

Before it was "No worries about giving up all the high picks cause Douglas can build a juggernaut with late round picks and all the FA weapons we are going to sign!"

obiwan-arentthedroids.jpg

Now  it is , oh we just want a top 5 QB , please forget houston won 4 games last year

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I will give you my honest answer Mr. Warfish as GM's are paid to think of all possible outcomes.

So in year four of their professional career DeShaun Watson will be 26 years old. Sam will be 24, Fields will be 26, Zach Wilson will be 25 right?

I'm not saying Watson is not a better quarterback than Sam Darnold.  However there are variables. Sam did not play with any of the best wide receivers in the league or the best defensive ends in the league in his career thus far am I correct?

He does have three years experience playing professional football over anybody we could draft.

Also let's not let it get lost in translation that all of the QBs we are talkin about are all World athletes. I mean that with the utmost respect to what these guys put their bodies and minds through on a daily basis.

Playing with Monopoly money I would say I'm not giving away my draft picks and all of that cap space for a very small margin of talent between said QB's.

The end-all and be-all comes down to whether or not the GM thinks that the talent coming out of the draft is worth taking a chance on while surrounding them with your top end draft picks.

Is Sam better than Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, and is he worth the money?

If I were GM as good as Watson is, it's not going to make a difference and it will look just like last year. This especially if I give up my entire plan of accumulating draft picks to build my football team.

I hope I've answered your question my friend.

So.....Sam, then.

Yes, you've answered my question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The narrative conveniently changes for the Watson fans.

Before it was "No worries about giving up all the high picks cause Douglas can build a juggernaut with late round picks and all the FA weapons we are going to sign!"

obiwan-arentthedroids.jpg

Now  it is , oh we just want a top 5 QB , please forget houston won 4 games last year

Allen Robinson getting tagged doesn't end the opportunity to significantly improve the team through free agency.  There are still huge upgrades to be had in free agency at o-line, WR, edge, and cb.  A lot more talent will be available in free agency, including the potential for some of these tagged players to be available, by March 17th when teams need to get under the cap.

And no one is saying the Jets should trade all their 1st and 2nd round picks for Watson.  You talk about "forget houston won 4 games last year," but you use this lazy argument that the Jets' '21 roster would be comparable to the texans' '20 roster and try to validate it with 1 WR getting tagged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...