So for all of you DeShaun Watson Lovers..

On 3/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, Smashmouth said:

It makes us a contender but with a weak team you get exposed in the playoffs damn near every time. Also keep in mind most of our first round picks will be going out the door so in year 1 or 2 of Watson we will be looking at FA to build around him rather than getting draft picks on the cheap for 4 or 5 years which will ultimately cause cap trouble when said QB is 1/4 of your teams salary. 

So yeah the Jets will be good by default win our 10 - 12 games a season and get our asses beat in the playoff's because the team just does not have the talent level to compete other than the fact we have Watson. We've seen lots of elite QB's win games then get beat over and over in the playoffs because their teams were just not good enough. Only one guy was good enough to go to 10 SB's and win 7 of them and the odds of that happening again in any of our lifetimes is zero

Amazing that you have the power to predict the future..

Seems like you’d rather a lesser Qb who you don’t have to pay much..

Let me know how many middle of the road Qb’s win titles in today’s NfL compete to the elite ones..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Amazing that you have the power to predict the future..

Seems like you’d rather a lesser Qb who you don’t have to pay much..

Let me know how many middle of the road Qb’s win titles in today’s NfL compete to the elite ones..

One just won the superbowl.

Brady threw for 200 yards in the superbowl and had 3 picks (should have been 5) in the conference championship.

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The “top 5 qb” won 2 more games than Sam with a better team

He also was up 24-0 in the divisional  round against the future champs and probably would have won if he had a halfway decent coach..

The idea you can’t build a team and win with Watson and we’d be stuck with the same team with  no way to improve for a decade is foolish..

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Brady threw for 200 yards in the superbowl and had 3 picks (should have been 5) in the conference championship.

cmon man  he was a top 5 Qb all year.. Bucs had a middle of the road Qb last year and didn’t make the playoffs.

With a middle of the road QB to win a title you need the best roster in the sport and lightning may strike once if at all and your window to win is a very small amount of time.

Niners already are looking for an upgrade from Jimmy G because it’s hard to get over the hump with an average QB..

An elite Qb doesn’t guarantee anything but every year you are in the mix and have a shot to win it all which is all you can ask..

With the rules the way they are in favor of Qb’s and offense there’s a damn good chance elite Qbs will win a super bowl at some point.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Because he’s not good enough to win with our putrid roster after we give up 3 first round picks and Qw

so when did JD make *that* offer? 

this entire thread is one great big ball of bullsht.  Right from the start.  Worst thread of the year thus far.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

On a team largely built through free agency. Not so much through the draft.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

cant believe you wrote that.

so i bad game or 2 gets you called ' middle of the road " after a 4600 yd and 40 TD season. 

if Brady played like a "Middle of the road" QB all season they would have never made the playoffs

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

cant believe you wrote that.

so i bad game or 2 gets you called ' middle of the road " after a 4600 yd and 40 TD season. 

if Brady played like a "Middle of the road" QB all season they would have never made the playoffs

So true.  Using Brady's SB stats is classic cherry picking.

I absolutely love how so many people are trembling in fear over the thought of attaining Watson.  I think he will be the next QB of the NY Jets.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So how are we getting Watson?  For a second round pick?

I love how you and others simply make up stuff and then claim that this is what JD will have to give to get Watson.  You have no idea what the compensation will end up being to get him.  Look at the compensation for Hopkins.  

No, it won't be a 2nd and no it won't be for 4 1sts + Q as claimed here.  Total nonsense.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I love how you and others simply make up stuff and then claim that this is what JD will have to give to get Watson.  You have no idea what the compensation will end up being to get him.  Look at the compensation for Hopkins.  

No, it won't be a 2nd and no it won't be for 4 1sts + Q as claimed here.  Total nonsense.

You LOVE this thread!

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Do you now see what a bad move it would have been? Let's give up three or four first-round picks and Quinnen Williams?

Then Allen Robinson and every other great free agent will just come to the Jets because DeShaun Watson is here?

Sorry but that's obviously not happening cuz everybody just got tagged!

We would have been in the worst Financial hole we ever have been in, and I for one am so grateful that this did not happen!

So are we keeping Sam? Trading down from the second overall pick, or choosing Fields or Amanda Bearse?

I would be shocked if we keep Sam, unless we can't get a reasonable offer for him and keep him around to compete with the rookie.

2 hours ago, chad2coles said:

Who are the 5 QBs better than Deshaun Watson, and what would they have specifically done to help the Texans win more games than what Watson did last year?  

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, Ryan, Allen, Jackson,  Murray, Roethlisberger