Top 2 FA Wish List

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Market. The prices are ridiculous but they need a C and a dependable WR that can move the chains. 

They certainly need a wr that play right out of the box.  A center would be and move McGovern to guard but a guard like thuney works too.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Lawson - Last time we had a pass rusher, Max was still in diapers. 

Either Linsley or Thuney. 

The game of football is constantly evolving. One thing that is constant is football will always be won in the trenches. Build your offensive and defensive line. That is priority. 

Hey Ghost. Go to You Tube. Watch as much as you can on Lawson and Hendrickson. To me, Hendrickson is the more impressive of the two.

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:
  • Linsley @ highest paid center in the league (4/50) works for me.
  • Carl Lawson DE Bengals @ 4 years, 60 million, 15 a year. It would be considerably more than expected, but I'm assuming a bidding war. 

Linsley was the best center in the league last year, knows our system and allows us to move McGovern to RG where he played his best professional football - thus upgrading two positions.

Lawson is a premier pass rusher that'll somewhat fly under the radar because of sack #'s and being a Bengal. He's 25 years old. He'll play the LEO in Saleh's defensive scheme. I don't love the pass rushers I see in this draft (outside of Ronnie Perkins), and I think this is a rare opportunity to find an established one on the open market that might be undervalued simply because the sacks don't represent the amount of pressure this dude routinely applies. He and Quinnen can make this defense work. 

+1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Lawson - Last time we had a pass rusher, Max was still in diapers. 

Either Linsley or Thuney. 

The game of football is constantly evolving. One thing that is constant is football will always be won in the trenches. Build your offensive and defensive line. That is priority. 

Think about how little Douglas usually reveals at his press conferences. One of the things he constantly preaches is "build the trenches first." That's what I expect. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, genot said:

Hey Ghost. Go to You Tube. Watch as much as you can on Lawson and Hendrickson. To me, Hendrickson is the more impressive of the two.

You’re going to think I’m crazy but I wasn’t impressed with Hendrickson as much. I felt like his sacks were mainly coverage sacks. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I agree, I like Lawson's tape a lot more. 

You too. Okay

50 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You’re going to think I’m crazy but I wasn’t impressed with Hendrickson as much. I felt like his sacks were mainly coverage sacks. 

Not crazy at all. Saw that two of Lawsons sacks we're coverage sacks. He beat that old tackle a few times. Another sack came on a nice inside move. He only had 5 sacks last year. I thought Hendrickson showed better technique, and was more physical, still showing a good burst

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No love for Shaq Barrett?

Linsley and Barrett for me.  Massive upgrades to both lines.

He played all over the place in Bowles defense. Give credit to Bowles. He created so many packages to confuse the offense. From what i understand, Saleh is a little more bland. As a pure 4-3 end, Barrett might be too small. It's interesting. The guy had close to 20 sacks. He's good. A lot of credit has to go Bowles way. He did a great job with that D.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

He played all over the place in Bowles defense. Give credit to Bowles. He created so many packages to confuse the offense. From what i understand, Saleh is a little more bland. As a pure 4-3 end, Barrett might be too small. It's interesting. The guy had close to 20 sacks. He's good. A lot of credit has to go Bowles way. He did a great job with that D.

He did.  He is a very good DC.  And Tampa is going to make him a HC again in a year or two when Arians retires and it will be interesting to see if he is any better the second time around of if he returns to his expressionless buffoonery.

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He did.  He is a very good DC.  And Tampa is going to make him a HC again in a year or two when Arians retires and it will be interesting to see if he is any better the second time around of if he returns to his expressionless buffoonery.

8fe42cd16b00937a02b1536603ab2fe4.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Let's do something a bit different. If you could guarantee that the Jets got any two players of your choosing in FA, who would those players be? Factor in things like salary, too - you can have Golladay if you want him, but he's going to cost you 20-22M per year. Do you like that better than Samuel at 13M or Thuney at 15M? Give me your preferred names, and the dollars you think they'll command.

For me, it's Golladay (5/111, 22.2M per, becomes the second highest paid WR in the league just ahead of Julio) and Linsley (4/50, highest paid center in the league). Yes, you're paying a premium for both guys. But they effectively complete the offense for whoever the QB is. Golladay-Mims-Crowder is an elite top-3 WR group (Crowder in particular would be primed to explode against single coverage), while Linsley lets you shift McGovern to OG, where he's better, improving two OL positions for the price of one. If that means passing on the big-ticket pass-rushers or CBs in FA, I'm ok with that.

So who's your pair of signees? 

Galladay mims crowder is not elite.

You have a wr1, not the best wr1. 

Mins maybe a wr 2/3 and crowder is the slot guy who by the way is not getting 13 passes a game any more...mins and galladay will be taking those reps not only because of talent but galladay is going to be out in the slot. 

Idk man don't mean to poo poo on  Your post but...

I do agree that galladay would be great and worth the money...but I don't think he get 22mil a year.

I would love to get both Lawson and Hendrickson. Two young bookend pass rushers in their primes. Similar to what Green Bay did two years ago with Preston and Zadarius Smith. 

Maybe sign cheaper guys at IOL and WR like Darryl Williams or Agholor and target permanent solutions in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

Our roster is so horrible I need to do a top 10:

1. Thuney

2. Golladay

3. Malik Hooker

4.AJ Bouye

5. Von Miller (if Broncos cut him)

6. Trent Brown (via trade)

7. Zach Ertz (via trade)

8. Alex Smith or Nick Mullens as backup qb

9. Corey Davis

10. Bud Dupre

7 hours ago, genot said:

You too. Okay

Not crazy at all. Saw that two of Lawsons sacks we're coverage sacks. He beat that old tackle a few times. Another sack came on a nice inside move. He only had 5 sacks last year. I thought Hendrickson showed better technique, and was more physical, still showing a good burst

I think Lawson was top 5 in pressure tho. Either way, it would be nice to apply pressure without bringing 6+ players in. We really need a pass rusher. 

The market for Thuney is going to explode into a horrible bidding war, and vastly inflate his real value.  It's not a great situation for the Jets.

It all depends on the qb we pick.  An immobile vet is going to need someone like Thuney, or alternatively you want a name to attract the interest of the FA qbs.

If otoh we go with a rookie who might sit for a year, then Thuney's services are less important.

13 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Linsley - C, GB

Curtis Samuel - WR, Car

Thuney 1A or Linsley 1B

Samuel 

I personally put Samuel way over the other WRs.  Its not that Golloday isnt good, he is, but he is similar to Mims and Samuel fits the exact mold of what we need.  I dont think we should expect Samuel at some sort of discount, I see many teams valuing his skill set and seeing the year over year improvement he has had which will put him in that $13/million area.

Thuney or Linsley (Joe MUST get one!)

Lawson or Hendrickson

I’m tired of edge rush being a perpetual need. Either one of those guys would be our best edge guy in a long, long time. Get it fixed now out of the gate and be done with it.

Samuel would be 3rd fwiw

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Our roster is so horrible I need to do a top 10:

1. Thuney

2. Golladay

3. Malik Hooker

4.AJ Bouye

5. Von Miller (if Broncos cut him)

6. Trent Brown (via trade)

7. Zach Ertz (via trade)

8. Alex Smith or Nick Mullens as backup qb

9. Corey Davis

10. Bud Dupre

Exactly $17.39 left for the draft. Lol. 

15 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Our wish list is the same as every other team out their there they're with money.

I've been hearing for months that we've been "targeting" or "linked to" or "all in on" Thuney.

I think there are about 10 teams "targeting" or "linked to" or "all in on" Thuney.

While I would love to sign this guy, I just don't see it.

Go visit a Cinncy board, he's basically signed there their they're.

Fans do this to themselves every year, as if we are the only team with cap space. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Let's do something a bit different. If you could guarantee that the Jets got any two players of your choosing in FA, who would those players be? Factor in things like salary, too - you can have Golladay if you want him, but he's going to cost you 20-22M per year. Do you like that better than Samuel at 13M or Thuney at 15M? Give me your preferred names, and the dollars you think they'll command.

For me, it's Golladay (5/111, 22.2M per, becomes the second highest paid WR in the league just ahead of Julio) and Linsley (4/50, highest paid center in the league). Yes, you're paying a premium for both guys. But they effectively complete the offense for whoever the QB is. Golladay-Mims-Crowder is an elite top-3 WR group (Crowder in particular would be primed to explode against single coverage), while Linsley lets you shift McGovern to OG, where he's better, improving two OL positions for the price of one. If that means passing on the big-ticket pass-rushers or CBs in FA, I'm ok with that.

So who's your pair of signees? 

Definitely with you on premise, although $22M/year for a WR kinda blows my mind. 

But yeah, I'd like two big purchases at WR and OL. I'd like something closer to a guarantee for those spots than a draft pick might offer. That would then free up the #23 & #34 to take defense, where it looks like (from the mocks I've seen) there will be real value at CB and Edge. 

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Mins maybe a wr 2/3 and crowder is the slot guy who by the way is not getting 13 passes a game any more...mins and galladay will be taking those reps not only because of talent but galladay is going to be out in the slot. 

I do agree that galladay would be great and worth the money...but I don't think he get 22mil a year.

Golladay supposedly turned down $18-19M last year.  I guess the only hope to keep it under $20M is the covid ding on the cap. 

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Where do you get this from?  Golladay is a target hog, but he is NOT a slot.  I just checked.  As far as I can tell, he ran about 8% of his plays from the slot.  By contrast Godwin ran 55% and Robinson 21%.  This is why I am against Juju who ran over 80% of his snaps from the slot.   That is higher than Berrios or Crowder and I want more outside guys.  I think dangerous slots are easier to pick up in the draft.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1