What would it take to trade up to #1 in the draft?

It would have to be a trade Jax couldn’t refuse. Say #2, #23 and a 2022 1st.

I wouldn’t do that trade though. Lawrence is a prospect just like any QB in this draft. He’s not a sure thing. He should be picked first. But we’re better off just rolling with Wilson at #2.

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

TL >>>>> Watson

There isn’t a GM in the nfl that would take Watson over Lawrence 

Sigh. 

As usual, you are missing the point. 

It would cost considerably more to trade for a 25 year old all-pro QB than it would to move up from #2 to #1 in any draft. Come on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The only way it would be possible is if Lawrence isn't their top QB - otherwise pretty much nothing will get them to trade out.

If Lawrence isn't their choice then we might as well sit tight and take him - or whoever falls...

Exactly. 

Also, Lawrence is almost definitely their top QB. LOL

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

There is a very distinct .. albeit remote ... possiblity that Zach Wilson goes No.1 

Can you imagine  ????

That’s why JD should do due diligence and at least make a call to try and gauge on what the Jaguars are thinking. If they don’t outright hang up the phone, they must be at least intrigued with Wilson.

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

With all the talk about the Jets possibly trading down from #2 in the draft, what about a scenario where we trade up? Zack Wilson has been climbing in everybody’s mock drafts. So could the Jaguars be intrigued swapping picks with us and what would a fair offer look like?

Urban Meyer chose to be HC of Jax because they are getting that Trevor Lawrence.  There is ZERO chance they will trade away that pick.  ZERO

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That doesn't seem to be the consensus among the people actually participating in the draft, but you've been married to this silly narrative for months, so carry on

You ay think it is silly, but Lawrence is the reason Urban Meyer is in Jacksonville.  They are not trading.  LOL

Just now, Dcat said:

You ay think it is silly, but Lawrence is the reason Urban Meyer is in Jacksonville.  They are not trading.  LOL

When did I write that I think Lawrence being the number 1 QB is silly? I don't think there is any chance Jax trades. 

All I wrote is that the notion that this is a "one QB draft" is silly. Big difference.