time to replace the one trick pony correctly this time

kmnj

Joe D brought in Perriman who many folks were thrilled about-why I am not sure dude failed on multiple teams and he as expected by those that watch football, he sucked last year for us but dont fret Jet nation I have the solution for Joe.

Bring in Will Fuller-yes he is fraglie  and has the ped issues but he probably can be had fairly cheap in comparison to Juju who I dont want and(Fuller) is a better fit for our offense. Even with missing a bunch of games he had about 900 yards and 8-10 tds 

I know i know replace one fragile guy with another in Perriman for Fuller BUT Fuller is legit and I would  argue he is more talented than Robbie A 

I don't know how cheap Fuller will be. I think he's going to be a lot more expensive than you imagine. @kmnj what's your expected contract for Fuller? 

He didn't get injured badly, and put up 900 yards in 11 games, and really kind of in 10 games since he was injured & didn't even get targeted in week 2. 

He's a risk, no doubt. But GMs with a specific need at the position also see the risk in WR draft picks, where a high percentage of the non-busts still take 2-3 years to really hit their stride anyway.

Add to that the reality that there's a numbers game, especially with a couple of the would-be-available ones already set to get tagged: there just aren't dozens of them to go around.

8 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

PFF: 

“Prediction: Packers sign Fuller for five years, $87.5 million ($17.5M APY): $25 million signing bonus (generally all the Packers guarantee).”

This seems like such a stupid move on the Packers part. They already have MVS who does exactly what Fuller does at a significant savings. Yes, he catches cases of the dropsies every once in a while, but I'd live with it at that cost.

I only want to pay Fuller for the Jets if it someone (in any way) helps get Deshaun here. However, I don't believe it's necessary as it's pretty clear Deshaun has us on his short list for waiving the NTC anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Fuller is the classic 'stay away from' player.  Hurt every year, not monumentally productive.  He will be a bad choice for any team that takes him.

He’s basically Robby.  Had an excellent statistical year last year same reason Watson did the Texans were throwing like crazy against preven defenses in blowout losses

Probably in the minority but I would bring back Perriman as a 4th/5th type guy on a prove it sort of deal. He was not awful last year when he played and there is talent there. You can probably get him even cheaper than last year and the WR cupboard is really bare

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s basically Robby.  Had an excellent statistical year last year same reason Watson did the Texans were throwing like crazy against preven defenses in blowout losses

which is why I said he is our robby replacement.

do folks want to see Perriman out there again?

the money the jets paid him griffin and herndon was like throwing money out the window 

Just now, kmnj said:

which is why I said he is our robby replacement.

do folks want to see Perriman out there again?

the money the jets paid him griffin and herndon was like throwing money out the window 

We can do better.  Golladay is looking realistic.  I like Corey Davis too

On 3/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, genot said:

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. You think Tua or Daniel Jones are selling points for they're respective teams 

First off, why are you mentioning the Dolphins and Giants as if they're the only competition to sign a quality free agent wide receiver? As for the Jets, if I'm a free agent receiver I'd like to have a feel for who's going to be throwing me the ball. It's not like the Jets already traded for Watson or have the top pick in the draft and will select Trevor Lawrence. It's a guessing game with the Jets at quarterback, and I'm pretty sure they won't just tip their hand with every free agent wide receiver they talk to, and risk that getting out before the draft. At the moment we're not that attractive of a free agent destination for skill position players...Not until we resolve the quarterback position, and that won't happen before March 15 when free agency really begins. If free agency happened after the draft then it would be a different story. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

First off, why are you mentioning the Dolphins and Giants as if they're the only competition to sign a quality free agent wide receiver? As for the Jets, if I'm a free agent receiver I'd like to have a feel for who's going to be throwing me the ball. It's not like the Jets already traded for Watson or have the top pick in the draft and will select Trevor Lawrence. It's a guessing game with the Jets at quarterback, and I'm pretty sure they won't just tip their hand with every free agent wide receiver they talk to, and risk that getting out before the draft. At the moment we're not that attractive of a free agent destination for skill position players...Not until we resolve the quarterback position, and that won't happen before March 15 when free agency really begins. If free agency happened after the draft then it would be a different story. 

We don't know if we're attractive enough, yet. Your right, i don't know if those teams are the teams they'll sign with. It has been widely reported that those are teams he's most likely to sign with. Like Thuney and the Bengals. Hope they're all talking out of they're asses. Im sure JD knows how he's going to convince them to sign on. Probably has been discussed dozens of times

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Probably in the minority but I would bring back Perriman as a 4th/5th type guy on a prove it sort of deal. He was not awful last year when he played and there is talent there. You can probably get him even cheaper than last year and the WR cupboard is really bare

I agree better than wasting a draft pick on some "what if' WR ,we know what Perriman can do. 

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

for the jets to be reasonably good this year they need 1 thing and 1 thing only above all others....players who can stay on the field. Fuller fails that criteria in spades. i would rather spend my money on guys i can count on.

You can count on Fuller to drop the easy ones. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fuller is the classic 'stay away from' player.  Hurt every year, not monumentally productive.  He will be a bad choice for any team that takes him.

Only way I bring Fuller in is if DeShaun is here and requests it.

• Upvote 1