Beer; Justin Fields over analysis reminds me of J Herbert.

Paradis

If you had a monster 2019, and sat out 2020 it seems like you're good and just going in with little criticism.

What boggles my mind is that Trey Lance is kind of going unscathed throughout here and is even rising into the top 10 for a lot of mocks. He's talented, sure, but the risk of taking a guy with about 1 year of starting experience at an FCS school in the top 10 is pure bonkers.

Sewell is the unquestioned top tackle, which may very well be the case, but people aren't really even trying to find holes to his game at all.

Similar with Chase and Gregory Rousseau. Chase especially showed dominant tape, but I'm just pointing out the effort really isn't there from media types. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If you had a monster 2019, and sat out 2020 it seems like you're good and just going in with little criticism.

What boggles my mind is that Trey Lance is kind of going unscathed throughout here and is even rising into the top 10 for a lot of mocks. He's talented, sure, but the risk of taking a guy with about 1 year of starting experience at an FCS school in the top 10 is pure bonkers.

Sewell is the unquestioned top tackle, which may very well be the case, but people aren't really even trying to find holes to his game at all.

Similar with Chase and Gregory Rousseau. Chase especially showed dominant tape, but I'm just pointing out the effort really isn't there from media types. 

I agree about lance. Hes now top 10 mocked. 

Hes got the most q marks of all these top 5 qbs. How can they say crap about the level of competition zach played against and not allow lance to break into the conversation

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Justin will be a stud it’s just the popular thing to do right now and that’s bash Fields. Sad to say most people in this age are mindless sheep that do nothing but regurgitate talking points from the idiot box. And most are scared to stand alone against the crowd, hive mind zombie, sheep. 

Just the world we live in unfortunately 😢

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Questionable premise for a thread, I’ll concede. But I thought it stood out from other retread talking-points just enough.

He Likens the recent over analysis and seemingly empty criticisms to the way that the community talked themselves out of Justin Herbert last year… Which I would include myself as part of the latter since I saw a lot of decision-making and accuracy questions.

Anyone else feel like this is a good for parallel with fields? He hasn’t stopped progressing/developing yet but it already feels like a stretch that JD will take him. 

I mean does Hebert play like he did without that supporting cast?  

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Justin will be a stud it’s just the popular thing to do right now and that’s bash Fields. Sad to say most people in this age are mindless sheep that do nothing but regurgitate talking points from the idiot box. And most are scared to stand alone against the crowd, hive mind zombie, sheep. 

Just the world we live in unfortunately 😢

img_0922.jpg

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I agree about lance. Hes now top 10 mocked. 

Hes got the most q marks of all these top 5 qbs. How can they say crap about the level of competition zach played against and not allow lance to break into the conversation

I don't see why anybody would say Lance is going through "unscathed."  All the questions about Lance are legit, just as they were for Allen and Wentz.  OTOH, going into the year it was pegged as a 3 QB race - Lawrence was the clear #1, with Fields and Lance looking to move up.  Wilson came out of nowhere and is just accepted.  Lance is a physical freak.  Period.  There is literally no dispute.  He threw zero interceptions for a season.  He was hte one that stood to gain from showing that wasn't a fluke and having another great year.  He didn't do that, but I'd bet most preseason mocks had him ranked pretty damn high.  I doubt there was anybody picking WIlson over him last May.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I would love to get Fields.  Especially if I can trade down a few spots and get him and another pick.  

This is my new dream. Trade down with, say, Atlanta who want to get Wilson.

Add picks, and then draft Fields.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I am a big fields guy but he does two things that worry me only because we are the Jets 

1. his short ball/dump off accuracy is almost impossibly bad- reminds of of Sanchez 

2. when the play break down quickly he does tend to make some bone head decisions (Sanchez, Geno, Darnold)

everything else I love 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

This is my new dream. Trade down with, say, Atlanta who want to get Wilson.

Add picks, and then draft Fields.

No need to trade down. I wouldn’t be shocked if Fields fell to 23

Go to 28 minute Mark.  The guru of the qb evaluation has some interesting things to say about Fields that nfl GMs are currently seeing

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Questionable premise for a thread, I’ll concede. But I thought it stood out from other retread talking-points just enough.

He Likens the recent over analysis and seemingly empty criticisms to the way that the community talked themselves out of Justin Herbert last year… Which I would include myself as part of the latter since I saw a lot of decision-making and accuracy questions.

Anyone else feel like this is a good for parallel with fields? He hasn’t stopped progressing/developing yet but it already feels like a stretch that JD will take him. 

Three weeks ago I thought JF was my#1 QB, but this past week I've questioned myself based on the analysis by Sims/Jeremiah and there track record being quite good. I've since watched ZW tape of each throw from 4 or 5 games and have talked myself into liking more than I originally did. 

At this point I have no idea, but hope JD does.  I mean I see some special throws from ZW, but I see similar throws from Sam. My thing was always, how much better than Sam is ZW really, because I see a lot of similarities in their skill sets. JF on the other hand I thought had the higher cealing. Yes, I know he has work to do, but I liked his toughness, leadership, mental make up, deep ball accuracy, and physical attributes.  I didn't care too much about the first read debate because that's true of many college qb's/programs.  He seems bright enough to pick it up.  I watched his two worst performances, and aside from a few plays it wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be.

Whatever decision the Jets make I'll roll with. I do think we should draft a QB, but I also think we should retain Sam if we don't receive a good offer. Im not sending him off for peanuts.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For the record, Simms had Herbert rated higher than everyone but Burrow last year.

Fields shouldn’t even be a first round pick.  Simms is showing tact prefacing his criticism of Fields with compliments but read between the lines this guy is a glorified Geno

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wilson or Fields outside chance Lance. 1 will be the new NY Jets QB. 

No way JD and Saleh hitch their wagon to Sam Darnold. 

Could always just trade back to #4 if you aren't sold on any one in particular.

Watson draft conversation is the one I thought of a while back. 

Watson and Fields are not very similar players in my opinion(traits wise Herbert and Fields are similar to me) but the conversation surrounding what Fields can't do reminds me of the discussion around Watson.  I am pretty sure I was one of those questioning Watson too.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fields shouldn’t even be a first round pick.  Simms is showing tact prefacing his criticism of Fields with compliments but read between the lines this guy is a glorified Geno

I've seen this comparison many times by you.  What about these two players is comparable?

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fields shouldn’t even be a first round pick.  Simms is showing tact prefacing his criticism of Fields but read between the lines this guy is a glorified Geno

Even more reason for the Jets the jettison Darnold, if Simms is the book. He was wayyyy more critical of Darnold coming out 

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Even more reason for the Jets the jettison Darnold, if Simms is the book. He was wayyyy more critical of Darnold coming out 

Fields is not worth a first round pick and Wilson is going to be an injury quagmire 

Mac Jones at 23

13 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I am a big fields guy but he does two things that worry me only because we are the Jets 

1. his short ball/dump off accuracy is almost impossibly bad- reminds of of Sanchez 

2. when the play break down quickly he does tend to make some bone head decisions (Sanchez, Geno, Darnold)

everything else I love 

This

I think this is 100% accurate, even though point 2 is a little overstated imo 

• Upvote 1