Beer; Justin Fields over analysis reminds me of J Herbert.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I did not like what I saw out of Fields last Sunday against Green Bay. The throws are accurate, but ihe is still too slow on his drops and he's not getting the ball out fast enough. 

Yeah, he’s on that wrong track. Not looking promising at all. 

On 9/16/2022 at 12:48 PM, Obrien2Toon said:

Wilson over Flacco ?

Becton over Wirfs

were 2 layups that jd missed and will set us back 5 years 

There.....I said it.

Joe D shoulda traded Sam, traded down, loaded up, and called Joe Flacco! Flacco's first name shoulda given it away. Flacco could be tossing the rock to Pitts, Chase, Wadle, DeVonta, Moore & Garrett protected by Sewell, Ekwuno and Neil while handing off to Etienne, Najee, and Brice Hall! Worst to first baby! Albeit all those 2nd contracts would sting....and who would we give the SB MVP trophy to?

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah, he’s on that wrong track. Not looking promising at all. 

Don't get me wrong, he still has a world of ability and I won't right him off yet, but all that talk that it was the Ohio State offense that made him look slower to get rid of the ball is sounding like BS. He needs to start throwing with anticipation ASAP. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

Don't get me wrong, he still has a world of ability and I won't right him off yet, but all that talk that it was the Ohio State offense that made him look slower to get rid of the ball is sounding like BS. He needs to start throwing with anticipation ASAP. 

Highly-drafted QBs basically never fail from lack of physical ability.  It’s what’s upstairs that makes or breaks them. None of the 2021 draftee starters can be written off, yet, but as the data set expands, the range of likely outcomes narrows.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

No where to be found last week but feeling vindicated this week?  Because the Bears lost to Green Bay in Green Bay? lmfao.   Looking forward to your weekly rollercoaster ride! 

He passed for 120 yards the week before. He has passed for 190 yards on the season.

Are you serious right now? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He passed for 120 yards the week before. He has passed for 190 yards on the season.

What is it you're questioning about my sincerity?  That the Bears lost to a 100x better Football team on the road or the the Bears beat a better Football team the week before at home in a torrential down pour?   It's confusing because both are facts. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

What is it you're questioning about my sincerity?  That the Bears lost to a 100x better Football team on the road or the the Bears beat a better Football team the week before at home in a torrential down pour?   It's confusing because both are facts. 

Haha okay. He’s playing great buddy. ?

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Haha okay. He’s playing great buddy. ?

Once again, ignoring the facts.  It's ok dude, everyone gets its wrong once in a while.  You see me defending our boy Carter after I pooped on him during draft day.  sh*t happens brother, own up and move on! 

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Once again, ignoring the facts.  It's ok dude, everyone gets its wrong once in a while.  You see me defending our boy Carter after I pooped on him during draft day.  sh*t happens brother, own up and move on! 

Lowest DVOA of all qualifiers on Football Outsiders. 

Second lowest passing rating of all qualifiers on PFF.

190 passing yards in two games. 

you-got-me-walter-white.gif

• Haha 3

On 9/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

Fields was better than Zach by Y/A last year while playing more games on a worse offense.

This year, Fields led a CFB win after being down 10 to a solid team. Zach Wilson is either injured again or pretending to be injured again.

There’s nothing wrong with liking Wilson, but you are largely ignoring actual things that have happened.

Fields played in fewer games.

12 hours ago, jgb said:

So Fields sucks but our guy needs to be defended like a virginal bride. Weird.

Our guy showed progress last year.  Not sure by that’s so hard for Jet fans to accept. 
It’s very strange that it’s such a struggle for fans of his own team to accept that’s staring them in the face. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Wasn't he a big Zach Wilson supporter pre draft?

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Our guy showed progress last year.  Not sure by that’s so hard for Jet fans to accept. 
It’s very strange that it’s such a struggle for fans of his own team to accept that’s staring them in the face. 

A snail also progresses. But the starting place and the pace are also important.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

He lead the Bears to 3 straight TD drives in the second half against a very good SF D to bring the Bears from behind to win in terrible weather conditions.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

A snail also progresses. But the starting place and the pace are also important.

Two things here:

1) The starting point is simply a reality we're faced with, growth is key and you don't know what you have until the growth stops.  I look at Sam at a reality.  Sam clearly hit a wall in year 3.  He just didn't get better.  In fact he likely regressed a bit. By year 3 we knew Sam wasn't it.

ZW's pace of growth was impressive.  He solved the biggest concerns he carried in the first part of the season.  The true level of growth is an unknown due to the injury issues he was faced with late in the year.

I'm not telling you need to see Zach as a lock, or even believe he's going to be good.  All I'm asking is to accept the reality of what we saw post injury.  He was two completely different players.  

The way I see it.  

Early in the year he was able to push the ball downfield nicely, but had real trouble with short ball accuracy and decision making.

Later in the year - decision making was MUCH better, short ball accuracy was MUCH better and he was simply unable to push the ball downfield because he didn't have the talent around him to get open.

That's why I'm so confident - if he can carry over what he solved last year - with the talent he has now - he's going to be very good.  This team is going to be very good.

• Upvote 2

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Yet Fields won the same amount of games on a team who fired their entire coaching staff and an offense completely devoid of talent. And now he’s playing on somehow a worse offense.

If you want to count injuries against Fields, have a gander at Wilson.

Fields is bad.  And that has nothing to do with Zach Wilson.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Two things here:

1) The starting point is simply a reality we're faced with, growth is key and you don't know what you have until the growth stops.  I look at Sam at a reality.  Sam clearly hit a wall in year 3.  He just didn't get better.  In fact he likely regressed a bit. By year 3 we knew Sam wasn't it.

ZW's pace of growth was impressive.  He solved the biggest concerns he carried in the first part of the season.  The true level of growth is an unknown due to the injury issues he was faced with late in the year.

I'm not telling you need to see Zach as a lock, or even believe he's going to be good.  All I'm asking is to accept the reality of what we saw post injury.  He was two completely different players.  

The way I see it.  

Early in the year he was able to push the ball downfield nicely, but had real trouble with short ball accuracy and decision making.

Later in the year - decision making was MUCH better, short ball accuracy was MUCH better and he was simply unable to push the ball downfield because he didn't have the talent around him to get open.

That's why I'm so confident - if he can carry over what he solved last year - with the talent he has now - he's going to be very good.  This team is going to be very good.

I hope you are right man. I don’t see it this way but bud would be my pleasure to carry you personally around for your victory lap.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Two things here:

The way I see it.  

Oh and thanks for the very thoughtful response, Capt’n.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

jensen-ackles-handsome.gif

Even after losing to the defending 4 time mvp and a team thats gone to the NFCCG the past two years, Fields has a better record than Wilson while (1) playing in fewer games, (2) playing on less talented teams, and (3) under 2 entirely different coaching staffs.

Meanwhile, Fields shouldn’t have even been drafted, but the excuses and baseless praise for Wilson is endless.

Not suspect at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Lowest DVOA of all qualifiers on Football Outsiders. 

Second lowest passing rating of all qualifiers on PFF.

190 passing yards in two games. 

you-got-me-walter-white.gif

Yet, he's 1-1, playing on arguably the worst team in Football and has the that sh*tty ass team, tied for 1st in the division.  Ironically, Mac Jones and Generational Lawrence, are both, 1-1.  Meanwhile Trey Lance?, Zach Wilson????

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland