Beer; Justin Fields over analysis reminds me of J Herbert.

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Ok - what has fields done on the field to distinguish himself from Wilson or really any other 2nd year QB? Be specific.

he was 8 for 17 for 121 last week. If Wilson did that in week 1, ya’ll would be killing him

just looking for a little consistency in these arguments.

there is nothing wrong with liking fields better, but you are largely basing that on traits and potential and little else. Just like Wilson fans are.

Yeah, but you are leaving out all the arguments people were making last year about how BYU ran a wide zone offense, so Wilson would transition smoothly into La Fleur's offense. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, Irish Jet said:

Fields shouldn't be going in the first round.

His mechanics are absolutely disgusting. The velocity on his passes is so inconsistent, especially towards the side-lines. Add that to abysmal pocket awareness which gets exposed every time there's a decent rush on his and it's obvious he's going to be eaten alive the NFL. People look at the physical tools and how pretty he looks behind perfect protection instead of how he reacts in certain situations. He's total trash. Out of the league in 6 years. 

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

LMAO 

6.1 vs 6.9. Neither is anywhere near good enough. Fields had a bad rookie season, just like Wilson did. 

and stop pretending like he did anything impressive last week. He completed less than half his passes. 

As of now both look like busts. Hell the entire class has been a massive disappointment. 

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Who said anything about being confident? I said "IF .....".

Wilson and Fields were both bad last season. Fields was bad in the first half last week, but played well in the second half and pulled out the win. The rain was bad in Chicago so I could give him a little bit of a pass. 

I'm a fan of Fields, what can I say, but I'm by no means very confident he's going to pan out, particularly given the team surrounding him in Chicago. 

That being said (and here is where I'm going to get in trouble), I expected Fields to struggle his first year and improve his second year. A lot of people argued that Wilson was a better NFL prospect because he was more "NFL ready". That turned out to be a load of BS because both players greatly struggled their first year. If they were both going to struggle and needed similar time to acclimate themselves to the NFL, then the Jets should have picked the better athlete that was more durable. 

All fair. 

All I will say is that there were some people who thought Wilson would struggle a lot early making the huge jump from BYU to the NFL. I always think a QB struggling in his rookie season makes sense, especially guys coming from small schools. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, but you are leaving out all the arguments people were making last year about how BYU ran a wide zone offense, so Wilson would transition smoothly into La Fleur's offense. 

yeah, those turned out to be crap. 

There were people predicting Wilson that the NFL game would be a major learning curve for Wilson, coming out of BYU. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I live in the Chicago area and have watched every snap Fields has taken.

You cannot compare him to Herbert.

He simply cannot run an offense at this time.  He can’t drop back and progress.

Every positive play comes from him running around and lobbing grenades to receivers that eventually break open.  It’s completely unstastainable.

He might eventually become that guy, but it’s going to be awhile. 

Worst team/offense last year and their offseason additions this year were N'Keal Harry and the Ghost of Tom Joad. 

Excuse me if I don't put a ton of stock in what the "tape" says about Fields in CHI when he's been asked to walk the green mile. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I live in the Chicago area and have watched every snap Fields has taken.

You cannot compare him to Herbert.

He simply cannot run an offense at this time.  He can’t drop back and progress.

Every positive play comes from him running around and lobbing grenades to receivers that eventually break open.  It’s completely unstastainable.

He might eventually become that guy, but it’s going to be awhile. 

Yeah, I can see this.

But he also has arguably the worst OL in the entire league.

And no real weapons on the outside.  Mooney is what 5'10" 175 lbs soaking wet?

His other options in the pass game are end-zone allergic overrated TE Kmet, ESB, Pettis, and Byron Pringle?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Worst team/offense last year and their offseason additions this year were N'Keal Harry and the Ghost of Tom Joad. 

Excuse me if I don't put a ton of stock in what the "tape" says about Fields in CHI when he's been asked to walk the green mile. 

So Sam Darnold was not to blame because his 1 wrs was guys like hogan and jeff smith?

Fields has been lousy.  But as others have stated that whole QB draft class is and was totally overrated .

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

All CFB season, Lawrence and Fields were viewed as 1 and 1A elite QB prospects.

Then the offseason came and somehow the "watch out for Zach Wilson" narrative became unstoppable.

I have seen attempts to comp. Burrow's rise to Wilson's, but that is absolutely absurd.

The draft pundits aren’t trying to predict who will hit or not, they’re trying to prognosticate the actual picks. They are trailing—not leading—indicators. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

This, and also ignoring the absolute garbage that Fields is working with while Zach is playing on a much hyped, highly touted (in terms of draft picks and FAs) offense. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

No doubt, he has no help.

He’s still no comparison to Herbert though.
At this time they’re miles apart.

Miles. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Fields and Wilson both suck. What is this comparing fields to Herbert nonsense- did you look at their rookie years? 

for the record, no one's comparing him to Herbert... Albert Breer wrote that article in April of 2021 about the "vague" reasons that were being leveraged against Fields, akin to the way they materialized against Herbert in 2020. 

Summary, no one is comparing them at present lol

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Fields is getting the Sam Darnold treatment. His team is terrible, heading into a big rebuild, and changed coaches after his first year. We’ll never know how good he can be in Chicago

Fear not. He was a high draft pick so he'll get multiple chances on other teams just because of that. You'll never know what's on the bench because of this practice. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

So about Fields... 

He has looked lost in the times I’ve watched. The supporting cast isnt great but Montgomery looks like a baller (MC like). Setting aside the numbers, he just doesnt seem to know where to throw the ball. His best plays have been broken plays. Basically, he is playing like Zach did early last year before the injury. Cant be doing that in year 2.

If Zach plays like this his first two games this year, I would be very concerned.

Too early to call him a bust but I would be concerned if I were a Bears fan.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He has looked lost in the times I’ve watched. The supporting cast isnt great but Montgomery looks like a baller (MC like). Setting aside the numbers, he just doesnt seem to know where to throw the ball. His best plays have been broken plays. Basically, he is playing like Zach did early last year before the injury. Cant be doing that in year 2.

If Zach plays like this his first two games this year, I would be very concerned.

Too early to call him a bust but I would be concerned if I were a Bears fan.

I did not like what I saw out of Fields last Sunday against Green Bay. The throws are accurate, but ihe is still too slow on his drops and he's not getting the ball out fast enough. 

• Upvote 1