Gettleman… this is an example of how you stand up for your players

You really need to listen to the clip to appreciate 

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-gm-dave-gettleman-on-qb-daniel-jones-we-really-believe-he-s-the-guy

"We've had Daniel for two years; we've done the evaluation on him and we really believe he's the guy. No reason to go look," Gettleman said, via team transcript, when asked if he was tempted to look at other options for the quarterback position. "What we're doing isn't fantasy football, we're not playing, we're not doing that. We've got a conviction on him, he's everything we want, he's got all the physical skills and again I say this all the time, the kid just finished his second year of NFL football. How many of us after two years at our new job were great? No, we all start at point 'A' and we hopefully get to point 'Z,' but the one common denominator is it takes time. Everybody has to understand that. We believe in Daniel and that's where it is."

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I'm missing it. Gettleman is a stand-up guy because he won't admit the guy he overdrafted sucks? Yeah, I'd like to see someone fly that argument for Douglas when he sticks his foot in bucket on a QB. Gettleman has all but wrecked the Giants franchise. 

Gettleman is a stand up guy. Always had been. Not surprising he was able to identify Joe Judge as a great head coach. I’m not a Jones fan, but Gettlemans track record speaks for itself. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Gettleman is a stand up guy. Always had been. Not surprising he was able to identify Joe Judge as a great head coach. I’m not a Jones fan, but Gettlemans track record speaks for itself. 

What’s his track record exactly? Drafting a running back 2nd overall? Or taking Daniel Jones 6th overall? Or taking Andrew Thomas 4th overall? Or how bout taking DeAndre Baker in the first round also? Some track record!

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-gm-dave-gettleman-on-qb-daniel-jones-we-really-believe-he-s-the-guy

"We've had Daniel for two years; we've done the evaluation on him and we really believe he's the guy. No reason to go look," Gettleman said, via team transcript, when asked if he was tempted to look at other options for the quarterback position. "What we're doing isn't fantasy football, we're not playing, we're not doing that. We've got a conviction on him, he's everything we want, he's got all the physical skills and again I say this all the time, the kid just finished his second year of NFL football. How many of us after two years at our new job were great? No, we all start at point 'A' and we hopefully get to point 'Z,' but the one common denominator is it takes time. Everybody has to understand that. We believe in Daniel and that's where it is."

Gentleman picked Jones, JD didn’t draft Sam.

that’s it, that’s all.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s his track record exactly? Drafting a running back 2nd overall? Or taking Daniel Jones 6th overall? Or taking Andrew Thomas 4th overall? Or how bout taking DeAndre Baker in the first round also? Some track record!

Franchising Leo was kind of snazzy. 

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

And it’ll get him fired a year from now 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1