Russel Wilson traded?

Two things I heard on NFL Network on Sirius about this. First, Charlie Weiss thought that Darnold to Seattle makes sense if Wilson traded. Said with what he’s done in Seattle, Carroll is there as long  as he wants to be. Second, on Movin the Chains, Pat Kirwin asked his co host, Jim Miller, who does Bears radio, who is the best player on the Bears, because that’s where this will start. His answer, Roqwan Smith.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

So in a year's time, Seattle gives up two first round picks for a box safety, then trades away their superstar QB.

When did Mike Maccagnan join their front office?

Sounds more like they re-hired Idzik...

46 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

So in a year's time, Seattle gives up two first round picks for a box safety, then trades away their superstar QB.

When did Mike Maccagnan join their front office?

He replaced Idzik I think

?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Imagine the Jets resolving their QB situation this year, then having a top 3 pick because of Seattle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds familiar.  

Miami Dolphins officially announce Brian Flores as new coach | Miami Herald

Except we have to actually resolve our QB situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

If Wilson moves on from Seattle does that darnold could be reunited with delete Pete?  Of course that would leave the jets needing a QB but it’s not like darnold was going to be the guy long haul.

reunited? 

seattle has no draft capital.  i doubt they'd trade a 2nd for sam when they don't have a 1st or 3rd.  they'd probably go with Geno or a FA.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

reunited? 

seattle has no draft capital.  i doubt they'd trade a 2nd for sam when they don't have a 1st or 3rd.  they'd probably go with Geno or a FA.

SEA is going to get some picks from the Bears.  I would give them back both of their third round picks and Sam for Khalil Mack because I feel bad for them and want to help.

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

If Wilson moves on from Seattle does that darnold could be reunited with delete Pete?  Of course that would leave the jets needing a QB but it’s not like darnold was going to be the guy long haul.

I can't believe SEA would be that stupid to get rid of Wilson.  But if they
did I could see us dealing Darnold to them for a pick they get back from CHI

• Upvote 2

I'm sure CHI's first round pick (#20) would be included in any Wilson deal.  So I would
want that in the Darnold to SEA deal.  That would give us three #1's, Douglas would
have the ability to dominate the draft.  I still can't believe we're even talking about this

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm sure CHI's first round pick (#20) would be included in any Wilson deal.  So I would
want that in the Darnold to SEA deal.  That would give us three #1's, Douglas would
have the ability to dominate the draft.  I still can't believe we're even talking about this

I would even throw in a mid round pick to sweeten the deal. Then on draft night if we were to trade down we could acquire a 2022 1st rounder. That would be an unprecedented 6 1st rounders in the next two drafts! We would really accelerate improving the roster.

39 minutes ago, KRL said:

I think moving on now is a great move for Seattle if they can get a deal that allows them to reload.  They won't compete in the NFC West next year with Russ.  Facing SF, LA and AZ with Jones and Watt, Russ might not survive the year.   Russ was sacked 20 times in division games last year and 5 times in the playoffs against the Rams.  SF gets Bosa back and AZ gets Jones back along with Watt. 

Russ is a dead man walking if he stays in the NFC west.  The guy has been concussed multiple times, holds the ball forever as a key part of his game and looked out of it at the end of last year. 

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

...And if Sam Darnold is our starting QB next season we’re looking at 2 top 10 picks guaranteed.

Phase 1 - collect top ten draft picks

Phase 2 - 

Phase 3 - Profit!

:D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KRL said:

The thing about the NFL right now is that Ryan Pace has literally no concern for the 2022 and 2023 drafts.  Lets say Pace gives up 2021 1 and 2, 2022 first and Kahli Mack for wilson, one of 2 things happen.

1. Wilson is that good, and paired with Allen Robinson and a mid-level FA propels the Bears to a 11-12 win season and Pace is lauded in Chicago, possibly gets extended and then uses his mid round picks to try to keep a band aid on the team around wilson.

2.  Wilson isnt able to get the team over the top, they stay at 7-9/8-8 and ownership uses Wilson to entice a new GM/HC combo and Pace certainly doesnt worry about Bears picks when he is ass director of college scouting somewhere. 

• Upvote 1