Russel Wilson traded?

5 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Rewarding Sam with a three year deal for being the 30th ranked QB is a fire-able offense for JD.

Let Sam prove himself before we extend him.

I've mentioned this many times on this board by now, but what is particularly egregious about Jets fans suggesting that we extend Darnold is that these same people were presumably rooting for this stupid team when we extended Sanchez a decade ago - another underachieving USC QB who did not earn a contract extension after 3 years of underwhelming play. 

People don't learn from the past. It's sad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Basically, what I've garnered from this thread is that Russel Wilson hasn't actually been traded and @oatmeal needs to change his Member Title to "A Skid Mark on the Underpants of Society" immediately.

Speaking of skid marks. (Old Schooler here) My wife used the Clorox shortage to update my underwear color from white to black.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I've mentioned this many times on this board by now, but what is particularly egregious about Jets fans suggesting that we extend Darnold is that these same people were presumably rooting for this stupid team when we extended Sanchez a decade ago - another underachieving USC QB who did not earn a contract extension after 3 years of underwhelming play. 

What's the old saying keep doing stupid sh*t over & over and hoping to get a different result that's the Darnold lovers and they should know better especially with Sanchez and other USC QB's that have come through the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

The thing about the NFL right now is that Ryan Pace has literally no concern for the 2022 and 2023 drafts.  Lets say Pace gives up 2021 1 and 2, 2022 first and Kahli Mack for wilson, one of 2 things happen.

1. Wilson is that good, and paired with Allen Robinson and a mid-level FA propels the Bears to a 11-12 win season and Pace is lauded in Chicago, possibly gets extended and then uses his mid round picks to try to keep a band aid on the team around wilson.

2.  Wilson isnt able to get the team over the top, they stay at 7-9/8-8 and ownership uses Wilson to entice a new GM/HC combo and Pace certainly doesnt worry about Bears picks when he is ass director of college scouting somewhere. 

If you’re Chicago it’s worth it to go all in for a franchise Qb..

You’ve had a solid roster the past few years but have been held back by QB play.. Why put out another mediocre or garbage Qb out there?

The team even with a bad Qb is too talented to get a high pick to get a future franchise Qb so they’ve been stuck in no man’s land..

Go all in with Russ and try to contend  the next few years..

14 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Rewarding Sam with a three year deal for being the 30th ranked QB is a fire-able offense for JD.

Let Sam prove himself before we extend him.

It's a bridge deal and is a win-win for both sides.  If it doesn't work out, then it will be easy for the Jets to get out of it.  IF it does, then we have Darnold at a lower value over a three year window than if he had hit his ceiling.  This is about business, not reward.  Darnold is 24 years old, arguably being added to a great offensive system for his skill, and way ahead of learning the pro game (and adjusting to the speed) than a rookie quarterback.  We may need to agree to disagree, but I see more upside on Darnold plus Chase/Smith/Waddle/Pitts than Wilson, a one-year wonder who noone was talking about last year, without a number 1 wide receiver.  It is a fair opinion to have.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Just came to make this exact point, lol.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

...And if Sam Darnold is our starting QB next season we’re looking at 2 top 10 picks guaranteed.

IF Wilson gets traded - i'd trade the second pick and load up on picks - and be fine with Sam sucking.  We could end up with 3 very high first round picks next year.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Speaking of skid marks. (Old Schooler here) My wife used the Clorox shortage to update my underwear color from white to black.  

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Went black a long time ago, my friend.

Get a freakin' bidet ...

• Upvote 1

You could say the Jamal Adams is directly responsible for Russel wanting out of Seattle. Wilson isn't happy with getting little support due to what he believes are poor personnel decisions and Seattle gave up two 1st round picks for an undersized linebacker who can't cover instead of investing those picks in getting Wilson some help. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You could say the Jamal Adams is directly responsible for Russel wanting out of Seattle. Wilson isn't happy with getting little support due to what he believes are poor personnel decisions and Seattle gave up two 1st round picks for an undersized linebacker who can't cover instead of investing those picks in getting Wilson some help. 

And a third!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  Net result:  Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold for two 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, plus another pick.  

Any other overrated/unwanted players you want from us Seattle?  Give us all your picks!

All Your Picks Are Belong to Us!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

In other words, lets quit on yet another season?

unfortunately yes.  

but in this scenario we would have 2 first round picks this year (one from seattle and one from our trade down) and then 3 next year (2 very good) and a couple of second rounders as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I have maintained that its my belief that Darnold will be the QB for the NYJ next season. I've even put percentages on it. Hell I made a circle graph. Nothing has changed. I believe there's a 30% chance that he's traded and Zach Wilson is selected. Unless you're a 2+2=5 guy (likely based on the sensational takes, uninformed opinions, and vitriol posting habits), that would imply I believe there is a much greater that Darnold is back. The point is that Deshaun Watson is not getting traded, and with that there's a better chance Russell Wilson/Sam Darnold are traded. "More likely" does not mean "likely" either, you incompetent swine. 

Do me a favor and don't quote me, don't at me, don't even mention content I post. You're a skid mark in the underpants of society, and I have no desire for people like you to ruin the fun of football discussion on a message board right before free agency is set to begin. 

Good day. 

I believe u and I don’t agree with it lol . I’m still leaning towards Wilson ! I’ll friendly wager u a coffee lol 

14 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

In other words, lets quit on yet another season?

The Jets are starting from ground zero and the object of the game is to be a winner long term and win a super bowl.

If the best move is sticking with an inferior QB for another year and adding significant draft resources then its potentially a  very good move.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets are starting from ground zero and the object of the game is to be a winner long term and win a super bowl.

If the best move is sticking with an inferior QB for another year and adding significant draft resources then its potentially a  very good move.

You need a QB and you're not going to be picking 2 again anytime soon.

At least you hope you're not.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

If you look at the QBs and are sure Wilson or Fields are for sure the real deal you draft them.

If not you do not go all Trubisiky, Bortles, Gabbert

You stick what you have at QB or add another vet, add resources and look next year.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

IF Wilson gets traded - i'd trade the second pick and load up on picks - and be fine with Sam sucking.  We could end up with 3 very high first round picks next year.

In this case, you also trade Sam for a pick and go with Smith or Winston, both of whom are better than Darnold.

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you look at the QBs and are sure Wilson or Fields are for sure the real deal you draft them.

If not you do not go all Trubisiky, Bortles, Gabbert

You stick what you have at QB or add another vet, add resources and look next year.

No one is ever going to be a sure thing....

And there certainly isn't anyone coming out next year to be a sure thing either.

Wilson or Fields really are both very good prospect and could both be #1 picks in any draft - if TL wasn't here one of those two certainly would be the #1 pick this year.

You're sitting at 2 now, the right move is to take the one you like the best.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No one is ever going to be a sure thing....

And there certainly isn't anyone coming out next year to be a sure thing either.

Wilson or Fields really are both very good prospect and could both be #1 picks in any draft - if TL wasn't here one of those two certainly would be the #1 pick this year.

You're sitting at 2 now, the right move is to take the one you like the best.

You just answered your own question.  You love these guys thus you should draft one of them.

I think both have good attributes but both  have big questions as well.

I'll gladly see what some other team will give me for the #2 overall pick.

Also, there is almost ALWAYS someone coming out next year that will be the hot QB we have not talked much about.

Last year at this time there was zero talk of zac wilson being worthy of the #2 overall pick.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

this is arguably a terrible way to make this decision.  That presumes there is a talent there that is can't miss.  Would you sign up for Mitch Trubisky?  And Mahomes went mid-round.  For those arguing that the Sanchez contract was proof central that we shouldn't negotiate a bridge deal with Darnold, the situations are much different.  Sanchez was a weak point on a stacked team, including at wide receiver.  Darnold and a legit playmaker at the top of the draft is a legit approach here.  I also wouldn't be opposed to drafting a QB at 23 or at the top of the 2nd round, if one fell.  But I am intrigued by revamping the playmakers this year, starting in the draft, and implementing the new offense around Darnold.  We have two 1st round picks next year, and could obtain a third if we moved down a few slots.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

It's not me.  It's Vegas.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/football/nfl/nfc-west/winner

And while the Seahawks are literally directly in the middle of the league in terms of cap ($17M under) they are severely lacking in draft picks which puts them a step behind everyone else (thank you, Jamal), contributing to their lower odds.  Also remember that SF had the most injuries in the league last year and should be getting their entire DL back.  

San Fran is getting Bosa back.  Dee Ford might not play next season.  They are going to lose a lot of talent in their secondary and it seems like the 1 good year of Garropolo hasn't convinced them he's the guy.  The Rams could win the division, but I disagree that their odds should be better than the Seahawks.  I don't bet on sports though.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You're missing the fact that a rookie QB would be on a cheap contract for the next 4 years and wouldn't have 3 years of questionable to outright bad NFL tape on his resume. 

This is what everyone who advocates the return of Darnold overlooks. Darnold is the prototypical "project" QB. He's got raw talents, but is lacking in fundamentals and in his processing of the NFL game. You can say that about a lot of QBs entering the draft who end up being day-two picks. What's remarkable about Darnold is that this is who he is going into his fourth year in the NFL.